Chappell Roan is a Katycat. Surprised?

georgechxng

I didn't know she was a katycat since she's also allegedly a little monster and we know those bases like to come for each other throats. Gaga and Katy influencing the campiest pop girlie to debut lately. Are you surprised?

Edited by georgechxng
  • Like 2

Awwwe,  that was cute.

I'm not surprised though because she was Katy's target demo back then (tweenage girl in the 2010's, i assume) and now those girls are adults and giving Katy her flowers!

Lets not forget Dua was onstage at the California Dreams Tour. 

Katy is the modern pop blueprint lbr

• Thanks 2

As she should omg :clap3:

She is a daughter of Lorde and Lana as well

:katie2:

It's quite obvious with her aesthetic that she comes from the school of Katy and Gaga. 

I wonder if Katy will reach out? She seems to a lot with any new girl since she allegedly offered personal support to Billie, Olivia and Tate. 

Edited by Paultea

everyone that age is both a katycat and a monster tbh... even people here... those are the pop girls we grew up with and we can't help but love them and hate them at the same time

• Like 1

the one that got away is such a classic tho :jonny5:

katy has an insane taste in her opening acts (hailee, noah, ellie, robyn, marina, janelle, icona pop, charli xcx, kacey, becky g, betty who, tove lo, tinashe, tove stryke, bebe rexha, carly rae, zedd, purity ring, iggy azalea) so i can see her asking chappel to open for her on the next tour :jonny: 

Edited by halcyonday

33 minutes ago, ThomasTea said:

Katy is the modern pop blueprint lbr

My guess is Gen Z considers Teenage Dream and 1989 (which was very obviously heavily inspired by TD in roll-out and sound) the epitome of the "perfect" pop eras they grew up and want to emulate in their modern pop eras.

1 minute ago, halcyonday said:

katy has an insane taste in her opening acts (hailee, noah, ellie, robyn, marina, janelle, icona pop, charli xcx, kacey, becky g, betty who, tove lo, tinashe, tove stryke, bebe rexha, carly rae, zedd, purity ring, iggy azalea) so i can see her asking chappel to open for her on the next tour :jonny: 

Chappell is blowing up really hard rn, I feel like she is already getting too big. Won't be surprised if Chappell is touring arenas within a year or 2.

Just now, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

Chappell is blowing up really hard rn, I feel like she is already getting too big. Won't be surprised if Chappell is touring arenas within a year or 2.

katy was supposed to tour late this year so i would see her snatching chappel for some opening dates in the US if that becomes true 

oh, that must be why that fanbase has been weird, or sort of reluctant to like her... 

hihi.thumb.gif.cba8a8e590c68a6c1ed9f610e2bf30ea.gif

• Confused 1

Who is she by the way? 

Everyday theres another reason to stan Chappell Roan :heart:

She's a big fan of Beyonce and Gaga too. Hasn't she been covering Bad Romance in latest tour. 

Sounds like she's inspired by pop girlies a lot of millenials love. :heart2: 

Edited by Kiel D-01

59 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

everyone that age is both a katycat and a monster tbh... even people here... those are the pop girls we grew up with and we can't help but love them and hate them at the same time

Yeah not people pretending they were real life gangs or something

take a side take a side 

I mean you can tell Hot to Go was inspired by Hot N Cold :heart:

or Chappell coming out of a giant apple at the Gov Ball, that's something Katy would have done during the OOTB era 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, halcyonday said:

At this point Katy will open for Chappell

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tost1 said:

At this point Katy will open for Chappell

Stay in your line and hope for Katy to call your fave to open in the UK

IMG_20240326_203939.thumb.jpg.a406123cf1

• Haha 1

I've honestly said that she feels more like a successor of Katy than Gaga or anyone else they're trying to compare her to.

Most of her campiness has always reminded me of Katy and Gaga, moreso Katy than Gaga tbh. So I'm not surprised that she's a fan. Taste, what else can I say :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.