Katy Perry's "Roar" goes viral on Twitter for chart slayage

naval23

We are so ready for KP6

• Like 1

one of the biggest pop hits of all time :jonny: 

#1 in usa, australia, canada, uk, ireland, new zealand, and more, 4b streams on youtube, 1b streams on spotify, top 10 global smasha of 2013 according to IFPI despite a late release, the biggest female vid on yt, certified diamond in the us, 5x diamond in brazil, 20x platinum in australia, 9x plat in canada, 8x plat in norway

the new pop girlies just can't go this hard with their 3rd lead singles i fear

aa79b3e6a880f3bf80755d1db562d3931de05b95.gif

• Like 13

A legendary hit that ended careers:clap3:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Not my favorite, but it was undeniably a monster smash.

Just to think she was going up against the massive  "Blurred Lines" during its peak :jonny5:

• Like 1

Monster smash AND critically acclaimed, truly a classic :clap3:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

one of the biggest pop hits of all time :jonny: 

#1 in usa, australia, canada, uk, ireland, new zealand, and more, 4b streams on youtube, 1b streams on spotify, top 10 global smasha of 2013 according to IFPI despite a late release, the biggest female vid on yt, certified diamond in the us, 5x diamond in brazil, 20x platinum in australia, 9x plat in canada, 8x plat in norway

the new pop girlies just can't go this hard with their 3rd lead singles i fear

aa79b3e6a880f3bf80755d1db562d3931de05b95.gif

Yup. It debuted in late Aug 2013 and managed to make top 10 year end with 15 weeks of tracking which is insane.

• Like 1

I wonder new pop girls power doesnt last long. Like Olivia and Billie, the main pop girls of this generation, already showed declined in their second era when its supposed to be their biggest when we compare them to eg gaga Katy Rihanna etc. 

I know Dark Horse was a juggernaut sized hit in the US (and a global smash as well) but that was what Roar was here in NZ, it actually cannibalised DH and blocked it from going #1 :rip: it was absolutely huge

A MAMMOTH sized hit, iconic af, and one of her signature songs, she did that :clap3:

such a insane smash. probably one of the biggest of all time. it was inescapable all around the globe. everyone was obsessed with it :WAP:

the beginning of the end. Even though it was a mega hit, her image never recovered. She went from pop rock to cheeky pop to straight up children's pop and subsequently lost her audience because of it. She had cornered herself into being a GP artist without any cool factor 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, DiabeticGrandpa said:

I wonder new pop girls power doesnt last long. Like Olivia and Billie, the main pop girls of this generation, already showed declined in their second era when its supposed to be their biggest when we compare them to eg gaga Katy Rihanna etc. 

Gaga :toofunny2:
Biggest decline ever from a debut to 2nd album? - Page 2 - Base - ATRL

---

Katy literally is in a lane of her own

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

One of her most middling singles, but the smashing was huge and continues to impress today :clap3:

7 minutes ago, Mrnoniee said:

---

Well I always thought bad romance was the start of a different era. Thats why I included her

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mrnoniee said:

---

if TF/TFM were separate the decline would not look that dramatic tbh 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, umich said:

Just to think she was going up against the massive  "Blurred Lines" during its peak :jonny5:

also Wrecking Ball and Royals

• Thanks 1

This song has always been so annoying/embarrassing to ME! I was so excited after Katy's first two albums and the album teaser had me ready for a dark era........I was horrified when this car insurance jingle came out ngl.

Can't be a KP throwback thread without some Gaga shade :toofunny2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

A legendary hit that ended careers:clap3:

Including her own :clap3:

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Mrnoniee said:

Are you aware of how hard Katy Perry's WITNESS & Smile tanked?

• Confused 1

As somebody else in this thread put it, Roar is children's pop. An embarrassing song. Dark Horse >>>

roar was WAY bigger than expresso

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kataraqueen said:

the beginning of the end. Even though it was a mega hit, her image never recovered. She went from pop rock to cheeky pop to straight up children's pop and subsequently lost her audience because of it. She had cornered herself into being a GP artist without any cool factor 

Dark Horse was immediately after :rip: 

Birthday and TIHWD was the beginning of the end for her. She became WAY too camp. 

2 hours ago, kataraqueen said:

What are you even talking about

A smash childish song :clap3:

2 hours ago, DiabeticGrandpa said:

Not too much on Billie because she bounced back this era. HMHAS is performing way better than HTE.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.