Was charlie inspired by ALPHA when creating brat?

TitanicSurvivor

As practice shows, many western artists are looking up for Jelena Karleuša. We have seen it so many times before so there's nothing surprising anymore.

However, now that everyone *suddenly* in love with Charlie XCX and her new album i have a genuine question for you. Do you feel similarities between her album and Jelena's recent culture-changing ALPHA? The sound of BRAT is straight up homage to ALPHA and the sensual innuendos in both releases- 

Honestly, at this point nothing surpises me. ALPHA was one of the biggest releases in recent years so we will see many more artists trying to repeat JK route. I'm not accusing Lady XCX of copying Jelena however i have a feeling that she (or her producers) were heavily inspired by ALPHA.

Thoughts?

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Haha 3

I have no idea who Jelena is but I just started the album and I'm bopping :gaycat1:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, magicfever said:

I have no idea who Jelena is but I just started the album and I'm bopping :gaycat1:

She's like Madonna in Serbia. Oh and she supports gays

Maybe so.

Came here for

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i think it's more likely that jelena was inspired by charli when making alpha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, JO1s said:

Came here for

same :clap3:

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, blackstar said:

i think it's more likely that jelena was inspired by charli when making alpha

i don't think jk knows of her existence 

Edited by TitanicSurvivor

Nie, Charli XCX nie zainspirowała się kimś, o kogo istnieniu nikt nie wie.

26 minutes ago, Jimmey said:

Nie, Charli XCX nie zainspirowała się kimś, o kogo istnieniu nikt nie wie.

yeah they all say stuff like that and then-

Came here for 

3 hours ago, TitanicSurvivor said:

She's like Madonna in Serbia. Oh and she supports gays

She is more like Azealia Banks. Her last two albums flopped into the oblivion, she needs collaborations so people would listen a song, she has constant nervous breakdowns on social media, and she supports gays only when it suits her because they are her only listeners (luckily a lot of them started to see her true colors). And also charlie would never be inspired by someone who was stealing from and copying international artists her whole life

7 minutes ago, fever2288 said:

And also charlie would never be inspired by someone who was stealing from and copying international artists her whole life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwGIvl6eE1A&pp=ygUXamVsZW5hIGthcmxldXNhIGJleW9uY2U%3D

8 minutes ago, fever2288 said:

She is more like Azealia Banks. Her last two albums flopped into the oblivion, she needs collaborations so people would listen a song, she has constant nervous breakdowns on social media, and she supports gays only when it suits her because they are her only listeners (luckily a lot of them started to see her true colors). And also charlie would never be inspired by someone who was stealing from and copying international artists her whole life

Charli would never stoop so low and sing about her vaginal juices so no

SfXoALA.jpg

actually, no, Block clears most of Brat and the black-on-green visuals are giving suspicion.. the OP might be onto something :katie2:

Edited by Pendulum

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.