Was an "Espresso" in the cards for Bridgit Mendler?

prettyinpink940

After leaving HR she did release a bunch of songs and an EP, Nemesis, before focusing on her education.

But if she hadn't quit music and kept going like Sabrina Carpenter did, do you think an Espresso-sized hit could have been in the cards for her? 

Thats specific but ofc because she's amazingly talented

• Like 2

I think so too 

yes absolutely :clap3: I think Hurricane or Top of the World could've smashed if they had different promotion strategies tbh

but also Atlantis had hit potential 

• Like 3

No, she was never going to be big.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, JoeAg said:

yes absolutely :clap3: I think Hurricane or Top of the World could've smashed if they had different promotion strategies tbh

but also Atlantis had hit potential 

Hurricane deserved to be a top 10 hit just like Come & Get It and Heart Attack. 

She could've ruled along with the other ex acts that year:jonny5:

• Like 4

On the basis of just sheer possibility she would be able to make a song that resonated like that, sure. But overall I say no because she clearly didn't want that. She could've gotten it if she did, but she didn't. And it isn't hard to see why when she's devoted her life to much more impressive and noble pursuits. 

She doesn't have the talent, range nor personality to sell a song like espresso. Who the heck thinks of her in the year 2024

• Thumbs Down 2

32 minutes ago, EndofASadMovie said:

She doesn't have the talent, range nor personality to sell a song like espresso. Who the heck thinks of her in the year 2024

I do, I listen to her songs on a daily basis and the other day at the office all the str8s not only remembered her but started a conversation about her and also knew she was studying (and some even what she was studying and I didn't :rip:). 

No Shes going to be bigger like Katy caliber 

Yes. But she went the academic route instead which i really envy her for, her disney career enable her to pursue education without having to take any student loans :jonny:

• Like 1

Yes, Bridgit is the Madonna of her generation that got away

anyone has espresso in their hands all they need is autoplay and payola

I think so especially if she would've switched to a label that would truly support.   I mean look at Sabrina she's been doing music for quite some time and Hollywood Records was holding her back it's clear as day.   Yall can say autopay and payola is the reason why Sabrina is blowing up but nah I think the GP has interest in her songs more then ever now.   Espresso was just the right hit she needed at the right time.   Fast times was a bop and that was one of her first releases when she moved to Island.   Even though it flopped they still kept pushing and look it definitely has paid off.   Nonsense was the start of the GP minorly giving her a chance.  Feather grew on its own and is still gaining in radio play.    Say what you want about Sabrina but I think the success is organic at this point; just wait until the album drops. 

18 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

anyone has espresso in their hands all they need is autoplay and payola

dua's last album showed that you can have all the payola but if the quality is not there then no one will care

yes .. her album was really good and its such a waste she quit music

22 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

dua's last album showed that you can have all the payola but if the quality is not there then no one will care

what's kind of quality does espresso have exactly?

1 minute ago, MonsterNavy said:

what's kind of quality does espresso have exactly?

song of thee summer of 2024 

13 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

autoplay of thee summer of 2024 

:clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.