• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apolonio

• SoldierofLove

• Ethereal

• dillan

11 hours ago, Friendlyreminder said:

Yeah it really tells you more about these people and their values than Normani as an artist

Yeah, some of the comments are just honestly weird and unhealthy.

The random narrative-building to excuse toxic vitriol. Normani was never the most popular in Fifth Harmony and even the most popular member at the time (Camila, who I stanned) is flopping now, so where exactly is there any expectation Normani would have some huge hit?

When black Normani fans say it all comes down to misogynoir, it's hard to argue when some of the comments on here + Twitter are so unhinged and targeted. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

This Charli XCX kind of flop... :rip:

Charli? These are Jennifer Lopez / Chlöe / Zara Larsson kinda numbers

Um I didn't even know this mythical album was released? Wtf? Last I heard she just announced it without a release date :deadbanana2:

This thread has such....weird energy though ngl :skull: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 hours ago, dillan said:

i'd be very surprised if Normani releases an album after this.. let's be real 

Right! She will be dropped by this time next week unless something randomly smashes

She wasted all her hype waiting too long for a release. Its unfortunate because the album isnt bad. :bird:

Day 2 •  
1,834,078[-1,007,480 | -35% ]

Big Boy ft. Starrah 172 958 -110 220
Still 138 931 -92 663
All Yours 303 586 -193 093
Lights On 135 757 -77 455
Take My Time 114 112 -73 960
Insomnia 133 493 -68 996
Candy Paint 221 404 -76 067
Grip 91 692 -56 014
1:59 ft. Gunna 139 217 -49 565
Distance 80 951 -50 440
Tantrums ft. James Blake 98 860 -71 955
Little Secrets 80 994 -45 868
Wild Side ft. Cardi B 122 123 -41 184
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

15 hours ago, _Fey said:

Idg the stans acting Normani is treated especially badly. If/when Camila tanks in a few weeks, she will be dragged 10x harder, and all over social media too. 

Camila is a talentless try hard trendhopping racist she deserves to be dragged to hell and back

EDIT: All Yours deserves Espresso's autoplay streams

Edited by MonsterNavy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

5 hours ago, jakeisphat said:

She deserves way better because the album is really good… but what I will say based on Tinashe's experience with RCA is that I wouldn't be surprised if Normani wasn't on great terms with the label. RCA knows what goes into a successful rollout because there are plenty of other artists, like Tate, that get a much better backing for their debut with even less chart success. Normani has been open about her personal struggles delaying the album, but it's hard for me to believe that she personally chose to release only 4 songs over a period of 6 years. The moment Motivation wasn't a smash out the gate, RCA seemed to put her on the back burner and then her career was in limbo. It was the exact same for Tinashe after Pretend didn't perform how they intended and she had to fight and take legal action before they gave her the okay to release more material and that took her 4 years. I hope Normani can see the value in signing with a major for management, then going with an indie label that can focus more on her when it comes to the material. That would give her a better path to building a fanbase and showing her talents. 

Girl huh? Tate's debut charted at 13 with zero top 40 hits, Think Later debuted at #3 with 65k and zero physicals. I love Normani but don't mention Tate because RCA has been doing her dirty too(no third single for Think Later)

• Like 2

It's what she deserves for taking so long to release a debut album.

• Thumbs Down 2

It's absolutely CRAZY how the announcement of the album had 240k likes & 51 MILLION VIEWS and she just flops again.

Her Twitter hype needs to be studied because absolutely no one gets this type of hype and flops.

• Haha 8

Perched for first week numbers and hoping the Normansters will finally be humbled. Seems like her three fans still live with their delusions and drag other artists for flopping (mostly Camila) but then complain when others drag Normani for astronomically flopping even more.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Robyn. said:

It's absolutely CRAZY how the announcement of the album had 240k likes & 51 MILLION VIEWS and she just flops again.

Her Twitter hype needs to be studied because absolutely no one gets this type of hype and flops.

She waited two months after the announcement to release the first single, and then the music just wasn't good. Obviously nobody really cared at that point.

• Like 3

There's nothing shocking about this nor the rollout of the album. She clearly had no budget left leading up to its release

"Dear Mani, we'll do you the favor and put out the album"

"omg thank you"

"except no pre-release single, no videos, no promo"

"ok..."

"we might push the album track with the most streams on week 1. maybe"

"..."

And the last part is wishful thinking.

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 hours ago, Parallel said:

Girl huh? Tate's debut charted at 13 with zero top 40 hits, Think Later debuted at #3 with 65k and zero physicals. I love Normani but don't mention Tate because RCA has been doing her dirty too(no third single for Think Later)

It has nothing to do with the performance, I'm talking about budget. Tate had less chart success and still got a better push than they gave Normani. When Tate's albums were released, I saw her everywhere. And she received top tier playlisting. Normani has some good chart stats but aside from allowing her to release, it looks like she got a bare bones budget for the rollout. If they had treated Tate's releases as they have Dopamine, Tate would have performed even worse. 

10 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Day 2 •  

Still 138 931 -92 663
Insomnia 133 493 -68 996
Grip 91 692 -56 014
Distance 80 951 -50 440

Omfg

• Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Day 2 •  

Still 138 931 -92 663
Insomnia 133 493 -68 996
Grip 91 692 -56 014
Distance 80 951 -50 440

The floppage 

:bibliahh:

@dillan add the second day streams!

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, jakeisphat said:

It has nothing to do with the performance, I'm talking about budget. Tate had less chart success and still got a better push than they gave Normani. When Tate's albums were released, I saw her everywhere. And she received top tier playlisting. Normani has some good chart stats but aside from allowing her to release, it looks like she got a bare bones budget for the rollout. If they had treated Tate's releases as they have Dopamine, Tate would have performed even worse. 

Girl no she didn't. You Broke Me First was bigger than any solo Normani song and that MV was literally filmed on an iPhone. Motivation and Wild Side were $2m MVs, greedy and exes were literally three sets and some choreo. The highest profile collab Tate has gotten is Tiesto and Troye Sivan :rip: Tate is just a better return for RCA and even then RCA still doesn't prioritize her. Tate was everywhere because Greedy was a smash leading up to the album release, if Normani had a viral smash like that, RCA would've booked her everywhere too. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Parallel said:

Girl no she didn't. You Broke Me First was bigger than any solo Normani song and that MV was literally filmed on an iPhone. Motivation and Wild Side were $2m MVs, greedy and exes were literally three sets and some choreo. The highest profile collab Tate has gotten is Tiesto and Troye Sivan :rip: Tate is just a better return for RCA and even then RCA still doesn't prioritize her. Tate was everywhere because Greedy was a smash leading up to the album release, if Normani had a viral smash like that, RCA would've booked her everywhere too. 

:clap3::clap3:

5 hours ago, Parallel said:

YBMF may have been her breakout song, however, it was part of an EP as opposed to an album. RCA let nearly 2 years pass before they let her release a full debut. Since then she has gotten at least 2 MVs per album and regardless of whether you think the vids were cheap or not… it's still another video. RCA may have spent a lot on motivation or even Wild Side - which did well, but they can't expect to then restrict that artists' budget if they are trying to reintroduce that artist to the GP 3 years later. If RCA wanted the album to have legs, they could have given her even a shoe-string budget for another video to drop during the release. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 hours ago, Swiftie1989 said:

Perched for first week numbers and hoping the Normansters will finally be humbled. Seems like her three fans still live with their delusions and drag other artists for flopping (mostly Camila) but then complain when others drag Normani for astronomically flopping even more.

Exactly. They attacked every fanbase for years saying that Normani is the most impactful, talented member of 5H and when she finally releases her music it'll be proven, yet almost every release has bombed. Motivation had a massive budget, live performances, an Ariana co-write and Max Martin production. Wild Side had a Cardi feature while she was still relevant and also a good budget for the MV. Yet neither of them did anything special on the charts. Maybe now they can finally see that she is nothing more than a standard, boring girl that can dance well.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Communion said:

Yeah, some of the comments are just honestly weird and unhealthy.

The random narrative-building to excuse toxic vitriol. Normani was never the most popular in Fifth Harmony and even the most popular member at the time (Camila, who I stanned) is flopping now, so where exactly is there any expectation Normani would have some huge hit?

When black Normani fans say it all comes down to misogynoir, it's hard to argue when some of the comments on here + Twitter are so unhinged and targeted. :deadbanana4:

Don't give people online the benefit of the doubt ever. They are spiraling and looking for an outlet. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.