'Dopamine' debuts with 2.8m on Spotify / Day 2: 1.8m

dillan

the album deserved more, it deserved a good rollout and good MVS. The single choices were absolutely terrible, 1:59 is arguably the worst track on it

Edited by duadududt

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apolonio

• SoldierofLove

• Ethereal

• dillan

I gave Dopamine a stream out of curiosity.

Solid album. :bird:

Atrocious numbers but the album is good so ?

yXlohO.gif

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Expected given that she wasted all her hype years ago 

I'll still listen to the album later though. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

yXlohO.gif

Off topic, but that gif always reminds me of

:dies:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Taylor will try to block her from #10 now :biblio:

#100*
-

the fact that ANYBODY thought that she really had a chance at anything is just :dies:

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

we all knew it was a flop but still it i was surprised she delivered a great album

I mean it's not like her or anyone on her team is trying or fighting or doing anything to give her career an upward trajectory 

I feel sorry for the 'this is just the beginning' fans, like bb it took her 6 years to release a 13 track album with no music videos and no promo. What makes you think the singles plan or next album is around the corner

• Like 4

The way Normani fans think she should be exempt from a ki :rip:

1. No one on this site is

2. People do it purposely to get under your skin, in part because you couldn't cash checks you wrote for her

I honestly think a ton of you are embarrassed about the state of her career and want to endlessly convince others she's this incoming great. If that's how you feel, cool, live in it. Why waste the time of trying to convince everyone else of it? It only makes them want to ki more lmao

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Honestly i hope she doesnt get dropped or anything because this is 1000% her label's fault.

They completely wasted her momentum when she was getting hits as a featured artist at 2018/19 and also Motivation which did good all things considered.

Even Wild Side went top 20 and became a R&B hit but they didnt capitalize off that. I don't think these numbers should shock anyone lbr.

• Like 4

The excuses in here :rip:

1. Of course, it had zero promotion. They tried to roll out this era two times before with Motivation and Wild Side. Ofcourse their is going to be zero investment third time.

2. With numbers like that just being top 10 in AM is not enough, people needs to understand spotify dominates charts. The album isn't going to debut inside top 20, even top 40 is reach.

3. Talk about it not being her peak is more insane. When clearly label don't view her as profitable artist and with nunbers like that, they are right. She will be lucky to have another album out let alone re-peak.

Edited by zoldyck
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, _Fey said:

Idg the stans acting Normani is treated especially badly. If/when Camila tanks in a few weeks, she will be dragged 10x harder, and all over social media too. 

Normani has had years and YEARS of hype and "potential" and goodwill and she did less than 3m after all that.

The Whataboutism is crazy considering this happens everytime. Normani has been getting clowned on this site for 6+ years… please be serious rn. Normani, just like any other artist, has people defending her… but this is very obviously a huge label failure. They really screwed her entire roll out up. No live interviews. No performances. No music videos. No tour. No CDs. No digital album on the website. Nothing. They don't even have the damn site updated… if you google Normani website & find "officialNormani.com".. it has Fair still listed with no merch

At Least the album is phenomenal. Thats all I care for anyway.

• Like 3

im actually happy that she released candy paint. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, duadududt said:

The single choices were absolutely terrible, 1:59 is arguinibly the worst track on it

An absolutely baffling choice for the comeback considering some of the material she had to chose from

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

The Whataboutism is crazy considering this happens everytime. Normani has been getting clowned on this site for 6+ years… please be serious rn. Normani, just like any other artist, has people defending her… but this is very obviously a huge label failure. They really screwed her entire roll out up. No live interviews. No performances. No music videos. No tour. No CDs. No digital album on the website. Nothing. They don't even have the damn site updated… if you google Normani website & find "officialNormani.com".. it has Fair still listed with no merch

At Least the album is phenomenal. Thats all I care for anyway.

its not label fault they have tried to roll out this era two times before with a Max Martin song and a Cardi B collab. Normani backed out both time (of course, it was very unfortunate circumstances for her and not her fault).

But again in the end labels are doing business not charities.  

Edited by zoldyck

It was expected after taking so long to release...

But at least, she gave us a good and solid debut, I'd give her that.

8 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

its not label fault they have tried to roll out this era two times before with a Max Martin song and a Cardi B collab. Normani backed out both time (of course, it was very unfortunate circumstances for her and not her fault).

But again in the end labels are doing business not charities.  

What artists do you know have this much control over their debut? I admit some of it is her fault but this rollout is 100% the labels doing. They have visuals shot but won't drop them… half the things I even listed prove that. This is utter mismanagement. They couldn't even have other artists on their imprint help with some cross promo :rip: 

• Like 3

It's almost 3 am and I'm literally cackling at this thread thanks for the laughs lmao. :ahh:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

3 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

What artists do you know have this much control over their debut? I admit some of it is her fault but this rollout is 100% the labels doing. They have visuals shot but won't drop them… half the things I even listed prove that. This is utter mismanagement. They couldn't even have other artists on their imprint help with some cross promo :rip: 

Artist who was popular before even debut? Even if this was not the case, in today cancellation world no label is forcing a girl to work when both of her parent are fighting cancers. She had stated it out  reason of backing out herself.

She literally opened for Ariana and had received co-signs from Beyonce, Cardi, Nicki, Megan, Doja etc and all of that had zero impact so I don't know why would they bother with cross promo anymore from artists on their roster.  

the fact this also includes wild side

this is a big flop. idc what anybody says. the album is decent and has interesting production but it bombed unfortunately 

2 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

Artist who was popular before even debut? Even if this was not the case, in today cancellation world no label is forcing a girl to work when both of her parent are fighting cancers. She had stated it out  reason of backing out herself.

She literally opened for Ariana and had received co-signs from Beyonce, Cardi, Nicki, Megan, Doja etc and all of that had zero impact so I don't know why would they bother with cross promo anymore from artists on their roster.  

I get it, but again, that stuff was a while ago. When launching an artist's debut album.. you would think they'd book SOMETHING... ANYTHING. This is just a repeat Chloe Bailey situation, without the lengthy delays. 

And during Motivation, sure she had decent exposure (relatively), but she admitted she didn't want that to be the single. She didn't have much control. She had to fight for Wild Side & even put in her OWN money to fund the music video... that song had one performance too, which again... the fans had to BEG for her to have. She was not invited to the VMAs. 

The label is dropping the ball big time. As someone who has watched her career and a big fan, I can assure you that the label is the problem this go around. This is a very "here you go, damn it" type of roll out. They are most likely going to drop her after this. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, KKW said:

The way Normani fans think she should be exempt from a ki :rip:

1. No one on this site is

2. People do it purposely to get under your skin, in part because you couldn't cash checks you wrote for her

I honestly think a ton of you are embarrassed about the state of her career and want to endlessly convince others she's this incoming great. If that's how you feel, cool, live in it. Why waste the time of trying to convince everyone else of it? It only makes them want to ki more lmao

Facts lmao 

• Like 1

ATRL, stop trying to make Normani happen, it's not going to happen 

• Thumbs Down 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.