• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apolonio

• SoldierofLove

• Ethereal

• dillan

Can the thread title be changed to "Dopamine reaches 196M+ total streams on Spotify"? It sounds better. 

:suburban:

The double standards for Normani:rip:

If this was any other girl, they would've been dragged through hell and back

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Wild Side accounting for +90% of the albums total streams :rip:

To put things into perspective Meghan Trainor debuted with 2.5M so she's in the same lane as her now if not worse :gaycat7:

It's what she deserves for waiting so long

Edited by ChrisTheLoner
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

She had the worst rollout I've ever seen for a debut album. The music is pretty decent tho.

I'm ngl tho Tantrums is kind of an instant classic :ninja:

• Like 1

Idg the stans acting Normani is treated especially badly. If/when Camila tanks in a few weeks, she will be dragged 10x harder, and all over social media too. 

Normani has had years and YEARS of hype and "potential" and goodwill and she did less than 3m after all that.

• Thanks 10
  • Thumbs Down 1

40 minutes ago, Saint James said:

there's always comments about 'potential' with Normani. Shouldn't someone with a 12 year career show more than that?

She did

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Haha 11
  • Thumbs Down 1

great numbers for her

• Thumbs Down 1

:bibliahh:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Her two fans fighting for their lives in here :ahh: 

Nsnsndbxbdndndndndnxnzndndndndndn

• Thumbs Down 1

She's been Top 10 on Apple Music albums chart for past two days. Spotify isn't the end-all, you'd be surprised how huge the disparity between both can be for some artists myself included lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried looking up her comment about shifting culture or whatever and google suggested these questions instead "was normani dropped from her label? And "did normani retire?" :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

deserve so much, she always mention camila at her magazine interviews(always bring the same topic again and again), her fans always make lies over and over again too.. bother drag camila and no stream or buy the music... lazy artist lazy fanbase, eat shi!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Well at least this shut her fans mouths for all. It's tired how they are brave to come to others :bird:

• Thumbs Down 1

She'll probably debut around #120 :deadbanana4:

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Click Clack said:

:bibliahh:

Click Clack

1 hour ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

The double standards for Normani:rip:

If this was any other girl, they would've been dragged through hell and back

Interesting, I was just thinking exactly the opposite.

All the hype and (eternally) build-up anticipation has set her up for failure IMO. No one would care if she was a newbie. I am not even a big fan of her musical style and rnb in general but I couldnt escape her. Probably bc of her being a part of FH and all the nonstop Twitter hype afterward. She's got so much exposure and probably couldn't live up to it. I think that she should've proven herself at the beginning of her debut era and I AM SURE that her label/management managed her poorly. (sub and/or consciously) :dies:

I hope she retracts from this.

33 minutes ago, rickycabello123 said:

deserve so much, she always mention camila at her magazine interviews(always bring the same topic again and again), her fans always make lies over and over again too.. bother drag camila and no stream or buy the music... lazy artist lazy fanbase, eat shi!

so you'd probably love their project if they were best friends? :priceless: 

Imagine- ur a fan of someone who doesn't know u, and yet u let all ur emotions take control over ur (stan narrative) opinion.

are u here for the music or the competition? 

2 hours ago, Communion said:

There is something a bit dark-sided about people who become giddy with enjoyment over this woman's struggles, including having both parents fight cancer. It's giving weirdo. :rip:

Yeah it really tells you more about these people and their values than Normani as an artist

• Like 3

Awful numbers but it's clear there is very little care for this album from Normani and the label. Literally no one talking about this, it's kind of sad considering the potential she has.

The album is great and that's all that matters x

• Like 3

Atleast she got the album out which was the biggest surprise to me at this point. i thought it was never coming. It was a solid debut album, and its only the first day of steaming, so maybe it serves longevity.

10 hours ago, Friendlyreminder said:

Yeah it really tells you more about these people and their values than Normani as an artist

ATRLers coming in here to react to these numbers is extremely misogynistic, sadly not surprising given the track record of certain posters. What's even more concerning is that most of these users have spent the last two weeks kiiing about the rollout, claiming it to be one of the worst in music history with zero promotion from both her and RCA. Now, here they are with their tired attempts at feigning shock at these numbers, just to make her out to be this colossal flop.

No matter what they try to push on here, she has delivered a solid album against all odds. Now that Dopamine is out, I hope she can move forward into the next era.

Normani_avi_1.gif?ex=66702395&is=666ed21

Edited by Ethereal
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.