When did you give up on AHS?

TedLasso

I got into it unfortunately at the end of Freak Show, so I basically just joined to watch it collapse on itself. :coffee: Hotel was good though, I think a lot of people consider it either the end of the good seasons or the beginning of the fall but I think the writing and the characters are much more in line with 1-4 (I'm also a Gaga stan lol). But after that, it just got harder and harder to watch. Roanoke was a headache, I get what Ryan was trying to do with Cult but that made it so difficult to enjoy, and Apocalypse was just fanservice with questionable writing. 1984 was the last season I actually watched because I thought it would be more interesting as a time piece. I didn't hate it but it was nowhere near as good as AHS was originally. I haven't seen an episode of any of the last three seasons. 

What are y'all's thoughts on AHS? When did you stop watching? Are you still watching

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Into The Void

• TedLasso

• Delirious

• JoeAg

Top Posters In This Topic

Started watching around hotel era. The last few episodes of the 10th season were absolutely abysmal and i never finished them and haven't seen anything since.

• Thanks 1

Freakshow. Jessica Lange caterwauling Gods & Monsters was the last straw. Picked it back with Roanoke (the mockumentary was brilliant imo) and Apocalypse, but dropped it afterward. Just a terrible show lol.

I did binge Cult earlier this year when I had the flu and enjoyed it though. Incredibly silly, but fun.

Edited by konaa
  • Like 2

Watched up until 1984, then watched Delicate because a close friend wanted to.

Delicate spoilers: 

Spoiler

It was awful 

I liked the first three seasons. I haven't seen FS. The Gaga stan in me loved Hotel but the writing was meh. I liked the first half of Roanoke. Cult was okay upon airing but I haven't felt the need to rewatch it. Same with Apocalypse (though I didn't love a lot of what they did with the previously established characters). 1984 was fun-ish. 

• Like 1

At some point during season three 

• Like 1

I watched the first season, an episode or two of the second season and half of Coven. That's all I needed. 

Last season I watched in full was Apocalypse. Didn't finish 1984 :bird:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, konaa said:

Freakshow. Jessica Lange caterwauling Gods & Monsters was the last straw. Picked it back with Roanoke (the mockumentary was brilliant imo) and Apocalypse, but dropped it afterward. Just a terrible show lol.

I did binge Cult earlier this year when I had the flu and enjoyed it though. Incredibly silly, but fun.

The singing in Freak Show is so divisive 

It's been off since hotel. I've still watched them, half way through delicate, Kim k is not bad, surprisingly, but the script sucks. 

Best one is Double Feature (2021) part 1 Red Tide. Part 2 is a different story and was crap, dont even bother.

Part one (Red Tide) is about vampires and is top notch, stars Macaulay Culkin who is excellent. 

Edited by J.D.
  • Like 1

Specifically after the red tide portion of season 10. The second half was stupid. Also ive given up on many seasons midway through the season like Roanoke, Cult and a few more. Really seasons 1-4 were the peak. There have been some okay seasons after that but not on that level. 

Edited by Onyxmage
  • Like 1

After part 1 of season 10, the quality dropped by like 10 fold literally. Ahs new York and delicate are truly terrible terrible 

• Like 2

I never really gave up on it, and I still have some seasons to watch (namely Roanoke, Cult and 1984) but Double Feature was pretty awful and deterred me from watching anything after it. I'll probably give NYC a try eventually, but nothing about Delicate sounds appealing.

• Like 1

Started watching when Roanoke was airing. TBH as a big fan of the show I don't consider seasons 1-9 that BAD, but seasons 10-12 were abysmal. I didn't finish NYC and watched only a couple episodes of Delicate.mp3. 

If I were to make a distinction of when the show starts to fall off, it was Cult-Apocalypse def 

Last one I watched in full was 1984 and everything before that

I

• Like 1

I was a main fan from Murder House to Apocalypse. I tolerated 1984 but I totally checked out ever since. Every season after Apocalypse is questionable to downright unwatchable. 

• Like 1

I actually have only watched Delicate. I decided to finally give the show a try after all these years and gave up after the first half. :rip:

• Like 1

When 1984 wasn't a full on tribute to the slasher genre like I thought it would be instead it's a mix of ghosts and slasher which annoys me

• Like 1

that summer camp one? I think it was 1984? I stopped halfway through 

I saw it from the get-go (once it started getting the praise and hype around it) and then lost interest during the circus-themed show. So I saw the Gaga one (as a Gaga stan) but I didn't think it was THAT good. 

I think Hotel was the last one I actively watched.

• Like 1

Never watched one :giraffe:

From Murder House thru 1984 and the next season I lost all interest. I'd watch again if it gets better

stopped at apocalypse. too depressing. i liked the vampire one though 

• Like 2

I officially stopped after the first half of Double Feature.

It's been going downhill since Freak Show though. Jessica really took the magic of the show with her though.

Roanoke is an exception.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jotham said:

I actually have only watched Delicate. I decided to finally give the show a try after all these years and gave up after the first half. :rip:

Oh u should watch Season 1-3 lol starting at 12 is a bad choice lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.