Latin Music/Spanish Music. What's Next?

AvadaKedavra

As you all know, Latin music is in a very weird space-shape at this moment.
It's not as prominent as in recent years, with many Latin artists taking a break. :gaycat6:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BAD BUNNY, aka the Latino TITAN, is not that popular anymore.
All his antics in the last years have destroyed his reputation (attacking his fans-The Kendall Thing-His king of pop magazine cover)
, and now I rarely see people mention him. He went from the most loved to hated
Latinos are in love with Humble artists and now they see him as a DIVA:michael:

Here in Colombia, with the Karol G-J Balvin shade, he totally destroyed his goodwill, and we are one of the biggest markets for reggaeton.

I think he can rise again, but he needs to have a very solid catchy album.
I honestly don't like him because he was mean to Shakira, but a collaboration with her would put both at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 again.
Here for that Summer Track 
His next album will be ALL OR NOTHING for him.

TPR%2520Header%2520Bad%2520Bunny.jpg

SHAKIRA 

The GODDESS of Spanish music and the developing non anglo-world.
Her comeback was one of the biggest in years: the 90s, 2000s, 2010s, and 2020s—four decades of domination.
Sadly, things went bad for her after "EL JEFE." She became overexposed like Taylor Swift, and the breakup drama turned people off.
This is one of the reasons why "Puntería" didn't gain much traction; people were simply tired of the feud-romance DRAMA:chick3:
She doubled down too much in her anger against pique. She was right tho. That guy and his family stole millions from her

Her album was very solid compared to her last and eclectic, and she experimented strongly with synthpop for the first time.
However, the lack of new songs hurt the era. She really needed a long album like "Tortured Deparment" or "Cowboy Carter."

But still, it doesn't matter. Her tour is sold out, and it will be a huge success worldwide. One of Best performers today
Once the tour is over, I feel like she should go back to English or bilingual albums and look for hitmakers.
Her Label Sony Music is usin her as a cash cow for new new Reggaeton Artists. AFO VERDE SUCKS

We need SHE WOLF 2.0. but better.  Lets start a campaign
RCA is also a shitty label. We need her on Republic or Columbia.
Now settled in the States she can have a last rise to stardom in the anglosphere.

638451731194158625.jpgIMG_0813.jpegTzztDQg.jpeg

Then we have Karol G, who is having a massive powerful and highly successful tour with Latinos.
She's a sweetheart
She is working on a new catchy album, which will probably include big hits, but I don't see her singing in English, sadly.
She's not interested. She knows that crossing over would mean being treated like a "sell-out." She's safer in Latin pop music.
I honestly think she could be larger but she's imprisoned by our cultural aversion to our artists turnin into americanized stars

etd_intv_karol_g_20240123_0222_rm_vp_video_1920x1080-fb414e25.jpgkarol-g-se-va-a-mantener-alejada-de-los-escenarios-este-2023.jpg (1920×1080)

We have Rosalía, who isn't as big as Karol G and not as respected in Latin Spaces cause she's from SPAIN, but the breakup with Rauw Alejandro might inspire her a lot.

Her last album was really groundbreakin,experimental,unique
and im bitter of how there's not a longer version of that "MARIPOSAS sueltas por la Calle" song.

I also don't see Rosalía having much interest in pursuing an English crossover sadly. 
Theyre afraid of losin their latinfabase (Shakira went through that with laundry)

Although many say otherwise, singing in English gives you much more relevance in the USA and globally than singing in another language.
Even though music in Spanish can take you far, it doesn't receive the same attention as music by Anglo stars.
Compare the attention of Billie,Olivia,Dua,Doja Cat with stars like Karol G? Rosalia? Who gets more attention?
I would die for an english rosalia record

There are rumors of Rosalía coming out with a dark album.

rosalia-met-gala-2024-050624-e1c817c5a88d4d0282c3a0b52c595791.jpg17rosalia1-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

BECKY G
She was very successful, but I don't know why she has lost so much influence in recent years. Hopefully, she will rise again.

Spoiler

becky-g-zuhair-murad-mtv-vmas-2022.jpg?w=1024

MALE NEWCOMERS

On the other hand, we also have new stars like Peso Pluma and Feid, who have become very popular in the Latinsphere and are slowly takin BAD BUNNY THRONE.
Their careers are very promising.
Mexican music, like banda and corridos, has also become very successful in recent years. Is insane
I wonder if this influence will continue in the coming years.
I honestly loved it. I was tired of reggaeton takin everything.

We have also singers like Myke Towers and Papito Rico Turizo and more.........

5VXAOCFUI5D5ZHPPK4DOUQ5ZVQ.jpg?auth=a44cf1b11ef43bb9f7605464ee225042706ddd87e0b6020468751d219b7399a7&quality=70&width=1200&height=544&focal=2028,539pp-genesis-by-arenovski-649df4f894e5e.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.670xh;0,0.142xh&resize=1200:*

22MYKE-TOWERS-01-pcjl-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscalemanuel-turizo-instagram.jpeg

OLD STARS

We also have a large number of reggaeton singers who were once very popular but no longer have the same influence.
Will they become successful again, or are they gone for good?

Maluma will always be iconic cause he has a song with Madonna

34288dec0868456daa3cf6968957f6ad.jpg espectaculos-ozuna-y-maluma-se-reafirman-listas-exitos-musicales-n426885-696x418-925720.jpg

NEW POP OR URBAN STARLETS

The Latin music scene is also filled with new singers like Young Miko,Tokischa,Maria Becerra who have gained popularity but remain underground.
They haven't been able to turn into big massive stars yet

We also have established stars from Argentina and Mexico, such as Danna Paola, Tini who have gained a lot of popularity and could become even more massive at any moment.
They need their Lightning in a bottle moment. Espresso. Su Cafecito tostao :gayrrycat1:

LEAD_TG_ROLLINGSTONE_YOUNGMIKO_LOOK_2_03danna-paola.jpg

There's Bizarrap, who has made electronic music trendy again in Latin America (the Latin David Guetta),
but lately, he hasn't been able to score a big hit. I find that sad. I like him a lot.
Here for Dance music takin over LA. Enjoy it more than reggaeton :gaycat5:

sound-bizarrap-billboard-2022-guido-adler-1548.jpg FqVN6T7WcAIIB5L.jpg:large

How do you see Latin Spanish music in the coming 2025-2026 years?
How u see things turning for these artists?
Do you think reggaeton will continue to have power?
What about Mexican music? Do you see other genres gaining more influence, like Peruvian music?
Do you think anything will change? Do you see the landscape transforming?
What genres would u like to see in Latinoamerica takin over?

I'm from Colombia, and here the techno scene has become very very popular.
I wonder if someone could emerge here with those rhythms.
Personally, I want more R&B music here and a Latina Beyoncé-Rihanna.
I'd also like to see a resurgence of pop punk-pop rock, but I don't think it's likely.
Maybe brazilian music crossing over here.

I also wonder if a nightmarish scenario like (Donald Trump being elected) could affect the popularity of Latin music in the United States.
Less inmigrants. Less Diverse music and More Morgan Wallen singers
 :giraffe:

Thanks for all your future comments.  
Se que esta larguisimo pero es thread para niñas inteligentes. No para las brutas 
Los Quiere su Hermana AvadaKedavra.
Besos. Shak.

XDEOihb.gif

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Haha 1

Oh f...., that Manuel Chorizo pic made me feel things... :WAP: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Now, in all seriousness, I haven't followed much the latin music landscape, but also I have lost interest through the years, there was a huge oversaturation of the reggaeton component until a few years ago (I guess, it never left though), but yeah, not really my cup of tea. It's fine until it gets monotone.

Anyways, bring me back some latin pop meaningful songs. :gaycat2: I'm such a sucker for 2000's latin pop, ugh, such a peak.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ger said:

He's honestly so so hot. I want him to keep havin hits, just cause he's eye-candy :gaycat4: he's from the colombian coast like Shakira
There's a big chance he has middle eastern heritage too. Common in the Colombian coast.

I actually have arabic heritage too (Egyptian) my last name is a mix of arabic and latino
He looks like a hot mediterranean papi :jonnycat:
He needs better producers- trendy ones

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Haha 1

Just now, AvadaKedavra said:

He's honestly so so hot. I want him to keep havin hits, just cause he's eye-candy :gaycat4: he's from the colombian coast like Shakira
There's a big chance he has middle eastern heritage too. Common in the Colombian coast
He looks like a hot mediteraean papi :jonnycat:
He needs better producers

'El Merengue' was really a moment, such a good hit I must say, other than that I feel he has been a little out of the radar. I agree, he needs better producers for sure. Some songs I've heard from him are just... ok, nothing new or distinctive.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ger said:

Now, in all seriousness, I haven't followed much the latin music landscape, but also I have lost interest through the years, there was a huge oversaturation of the reggaeton component until a few years ago (I guess, it never left though), but yeah, not really my cup of tea. It's fine until it gets monotone.

Anyways, bring me back some latin pop meaningful songs. :gaycat2: I'm such a sucker for 2000's latin pop, ugh, such a peak.

I think all genres can co-exist equally.....but yes.......Reggaeton is too overly big since 2006. 
It basically eroded all the other latin genres and thats not great?
Its like Americans Havin that EDM wave of 2009-2011 for 3 whole decades .
Since 2006-2005 (La Gasolina) we dont have a good break from Reggaeton. It can be exhausting sometimes lol

I also dislike how Reggaeton takes so much from AFRO-CARIBBEAN MUSIC and yet we dont have any BIG BLACK URBAN STARS HERE? Thats awful
Is not PUERTO RICO a place with a big Black community? Where is our LATIN RIHANNA? Our Kendricks? Our Nellys?

One thing as a 90s baby i miss about old latino music is the poetry. The songs were so soft and beautiful lyric wise.  Very Very Organic
There was also so much diversity in the radio.  Pop-Rock En Español-EDM-Some Tropical R&B
U also needed to have a good voice to be popular.  
Shakira used to release great songs cause the music landscape of the time forced her to it!

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 1

You're absolutely right. I feel like Latin music has a hit a wall. No direction, people are tired of reggaeton. However, I can see Latin pop coming back, very chill synthpop ballads making a comeback too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saint James said:

we don't need english crossovers. make the western audience work for it, they should not be pandered to anymore

Crossovers aren't a thing anymore. After the second Latin boom: Shakira Ricky Enrique paved the way, Karol bad bunny and Rosalia really don't need to make a full English album.

Labels need to push Latin pop/ Latin edm  and Latin rock/indie music more. Reggaeton got tiring very quickly in a world wide scale. I've been saying that since the beginning people will love it at first but after a couple of years people get tired. Lain R&B is also a thing labels and the media need to push some these genres more. Including artist from Spain who are doing a lot heavy lifting for Latin pop. Peso pluma for example has a cool edm song with DJ snake that for sure opens new doors for him for people who are not into peso plumas Mexican style Latino music. 

• Like 4

I wish Latin pop would come back. Mexico had many artists making very good music and suddenly regional Mexican music overtook it and then reggaeton came on strong. The music scene in Latin America is very bleak. Where is pure pop (not mixed with reggaeton), Spanish rock...? 

where-wherearethey.gif

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Saint James said:

we don't need english crossovers. make the western audience work for it, they should not be pandered to anymore

Agree. Our language is already too beautiful and classy and solo para chicas finitas :gaydonnacat1:  a ellas tampoco les serviria. Habria big backlash

but they dont give us as much attention if we dont sing in english hennie. They box us in the "LATINO NICHE"
After all.... English is the main language-second language of the biggest demography of NorthAmericans and Europeans and people worldwide.
How we talk with ATRLERS? With english :gaycat3: Is the Language of the EARTH!

Look how much traction Shakira been losin in Europe chart wise cause shes singin only in spanish :giraffe: 
She's losin so much power even if she has  those big latin hits
She's even insecure about filling big arenas-stadiums now in WEST EUROPE.
Her english hits like Girl Like Me-Dont You Worry allowed her to reach higher positions in EUROPE if u check the charts.

Karol G and Rosalia are very BIG.........But looks how all the attention goes majorly to Billie-Olivia-Dua-Sabrina-Doja-SZA.  :gaycat3:
Karol and Rosa are tossed to the side. America favors their own stars. 

Why is Shakira as respected as BRITNEY-AVRIL-BEYONCE-RIHANNA-MADONNA-GAGA-ADELE? by the AMERICAN music industry?
Cause she was battling side to side with them.

She was singin in english. The gatekeepers had to open the doors to her and treat her as an equal. Not just an exotic international product.
For Shakira it was like Climbing the Everest. Real hard.
The expectations. To be trendy. To not lose her latin fanbase.
To connect with white-black-east asian-middle eastern audiences. Connect with Anglo artists.
Today is not necessary cause the world is more open to SPANISH MUSIC but i think it helps artists to reach bigger global audiences.
Releasing songs in their native language and also english. Bilingual Careers.
Ok maybe not everyone can be Shakira. Maybe she's one in a lifetime figure :clack:

(I still dont get how she managed to create so many high quality english songs) 

Edited by AvadaKedavra

reggaeton got tiring for me as well..but we still have a few artists making masterpieces like this 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

You're absolutely right. I feel like Latin music has a hit a wall. No direction, people are tired of reggaeton. However, I can see Latin pop coming back, very chill synthpop ballads making a comeback too.

i made the thread for that reason king :giraffe: i was lookin the United World Charts to see if chappel roan was charting there and i noticed how latino music is not as popular as it was years before :gaycat3: we been losin so much power and im very angry about that.  We are not cool anymore

29L3og5.gif

kbJEJ6N.gif

But we will rise again. Even if they dont like us. Deal with it :gayoncecat3:

DNywRav.gif

20 minutes ago, judasmonster said:

reggaeton got tiring for me as well..but we still have a few artists making masterpieces like this 

nathy is so underrated more ppl should get into her.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Devin said:

we still have the wonderful kali uchis.

:jonny5:

She's honestly inspiring! the best of both worlds. I want Shakira to follow her steps. Great art Vision in both sides. English / Spanish.

Kali-Uchis-Orqui%CC%81deas.jpg211cb44c-2057-4fc6-ad38-0267d837487a.sized-1000x1000.jpeg?w=1000

Kali Uchis should be bigger :giraffe: The Telepatia video was filmed where some of my uncles live. I been in those strees multiple times :gaycat4:

Shaki caters too much to the charts today and honestly is helping her but is also destroying her legacy :biblionny: 
I want Karol g to show more artistry too. She's too generic sometimes :gaycat4: and i want new latin females too

If USA has new pop gals like Sabrina,Chapell, Tyla, Maisie Peters, PinkPantheress, Tinasha with Nasty.............
we deserve also a new batch of them :gaycat4:

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 2

Latin pop/rock (mainly from the Mexican girlies) used to be SO good

• Like 1

Manuel Turizo, Myke Towers and sadly Becky G ain't getting bigger, they're all icons but they are past their prime.

As for the current landscape of Latin music, success is divided between reggaeton and Mexican Regional music but there aren't no actual SMASHES like before, everything's becoming more and more local to each country

I miss 2000s Latin pop with Thalia, Paulina, Alejandra Guzman, RBD, Shakira, Julieta Venegas, Belinda, Kudai, Belanova, Paty Cantú, Moenia, Zoé releasing pop perfection but I don't see that type of music making a comeback anytime soon :((

Edited by DoubleRainbow!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, nostalgic said:

Latin pop/rock (mainly from the Mexican girlies) used to be SO good

Oh i love paty :giraffe: It was definitely the best. All the songs were so nice. 0 fillers.  I miss the emo feeling of that time. Havin fotolog-myspace and lookin punky :gaycat4:
But looks like is not coming back? sadly? dont see any signs. Everyone is trying urban music. So, all of these songs will be CLASSICS :gaycat4:

In the STATES it looks like the American Pop Rock wave was a fluke. It faded real fast. Not as big as the 2000s or 90s-80s-70s one :emofish: 

these new gens have no taste. We milenials won :gaycat5:

11 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

Manuel Turizo, Myke Towers and sadly Becky G ain't getting bigger, they're all icons but they are past their prime.

As for the current landscape of Latin music, success is divided between reggaeton and Mexican Regional music but there aren't no actual SMASHES like before, everything's becoming more and more local to each country

I miss 2000s Latin pop with Thalia, Paulina, Alejandra Guzman, RBD, Shakira, Julieta Venegas, Belinda, Kudai, Belanova, Paty Cantú, Moenia, Zoé releasing pop perfection but I don't see that type of music making a comeback anytime soon :((

Im honestly very confused of how the charts will look in some years in Latinoamerica-International Wise. The GEN alpha is so confusing to me :giraffe:
Are they here for urban? edm? rock? spooky music? What type of things will they like

I think here in latinoamerica reggaeton will be still dominant cause it has a big push from the industry :gayoncecat2:

We need a new Latin superstar. Someone revolutionary :gaycat1: american born or from here from the south

Edited by AvadaKedavra

2 hours ago, Ger said:

Damel Chorizo indeed :jonnycat:

Lately I've been listening a lot to Lali, Trueno and Nathy Peluso, their latest releases are so good and hopefully they keep getting success in Latin America :WAP:

Lali is such an amazing performer and her energy is always top notch

Nathy's new album deserves way more recognition 

And well, Trueno has been serving the bops lately

2 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

we also have new stars like Peso Pluma and Feid, who have become very popular in the Latinsphere and are slowly takin BAD BUNNY THRONE.

:duck: + His Latin American tour didn't sell well compared to Karol, Bad Bunny or even FEID

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.