Did ARTPOP pave the way for BRAT?

GraceRandolph

Did it?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• I have to say yes
    • ARTPOP is great but no

Did the 2013 Lady Gaga album inspire the latest XCX effort? Is Donatella the spiritual predecessor to Von dutch? Are they sister albums?

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 7

I don't see it, maybe the celebrity aspect. I think Goldfrapp was more of a blueprint sonically. They were really ahead of the curve from 2000-2010, because I swear I hear bits of Alison in pop girls these days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definitely not :toofunny2:

I don't believe ARTPOP is remembered or had the influence that some fans claim it had.

• Like 7

Don't hear it. I wish Gaga had experimented with PC Music and SOPHIE before Charli got there but ARTPOP is full of tired EDM that was already on its way out by then. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Shinning said:

If they are sister albums then ARTPOP is the inbred disabled sister that's been locked in the basement all her life.

:ace:

OT: no :suburban:

STREAM B2B RIGHT NOW

STREAM B2B RIGHT NOW

STREAM B2B RIGHT NOW

STREAM B2B RIGHT NOW

STREAM B2B RIGHT NOW

absolutely not :rip:

you can just scroll through some reviews to see everybody recognizes the Ed Banger records/Uffie/Peaches influenced on Brat

• Like 1

ARTPOP followed EDM trends at the time. It is not as revolutionary or impactful as some of the people who for some reason stan it try to gaslight us to believe. 

Gaga has major impactful records that influenced her peers and those who came after with The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way and Joanne (yes).

Edited by Gladiator
  • Thanks 1

The same gays that mock and belittle the revolutionary dubstep and brostep trends of late 00s (Britney is one of the pioneers of this trend seeping into pop music btw ala Freakshow) that ultimately evolved into the more commercial and oftentimes dull festival edm beats that artpop take inspiration from swear that artpop is some second coming of edm when all it did was make edm sound textureless and reductive :toofunny3:

Pick a lane!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

honestly, I get the vision. ARTPOP and BRAT both have capitalised titles and both exhume this subtle nonchalant not-giving-a-**** iconic attitude ?? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.