Is Say So the most influential record of the 2020s decade so far?

frankvert

It has only really influenced espresso 

And it's too soon, the track is still recent

I do think it's going to be huge for decades tho, it got ingrained in our generation as one of the pandemic classics 

Same as Blinding Lights

Edited by Trent W
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Honestly there have been a lot of "Say So" type songs. Can't think of them at this exact moment but there's been many a time I've thought "sounds like say so" these past years 

• Like 3

Inspired Feather, Nonsense

some of Chappell's songs

• Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I do think it's going to be huge for decades tho, it got ingrained in our generation as one of the pandemic classics 

Same as Blinding Lights

Cupid? Big Energy? Feather? And I only mentioning actual hits, if you read the thread there's a lot of other songs.

OT: absolutely :clap3:

• Thanks 1

The twitter thread is literally listed in the OP and it's clear most of y'all didn't even bother reading past the thread title / first tweet. :rip: Never change, ATRL.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

And even then that thread is missing alot of songs in KPOP like Weekend by Taeyeon. So I have to say yes I fear

Edited by Billionaire

32 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Same as Blinding Lights

The Twitter thread listed a lot of them. They just weren't hits :rip: (some even also produced by Luke)…which speaks to Dojas input (writing/vocals) being a huge reason for its success, imo. 

• Like 1

it is a very well crafted pop song but influential? nah. 
even though I can't quite put my finger on it, it feels like I've heard Say So type of songs million times, even before its release. 

19 minutes ago, Rino said:

it is a very well crafted pop song but influential? nah. 
even though I can't quite put my finger on it, it feels like I've heard Say So type of songs million times, even before its release. 

Dr. Luke did that type of sound before with Kim Petras 

Yes… there's literally a Say So clone in every country. There's a new Say So clone everyday.

2 hours ago, Billionaire said:

And even then that thread is missing alot of songs in KPOP like Weekend by Taeyeon. So I have to say yes I fear

It's there 

OT: yes. even the Korean queen Taeyeon had a smash hit emulating it :clap3:

• Like 1

I like Say So but I'm curious to know in what ways it has influenced music. The only song that sounds a bit similar I can think of is Espresso. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Unironically yes, but I will also note that Say So isn't that original itself - it's a throwback song/similar to ms Gottwald's other productions - so let's not get too carried away

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.