• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daddy

• Badgalbriel

• jonapova

• Rep2000

17 hours ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Charli XCX is as white as it goes :skull: 

A half-Indian woman is "as white as it gets"? Why? Reported.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, YellowRibbon said:

Does critical acclaim put a roof over your head or more budget for your next era?:lakitu:

so you're implying Taylor puts out cheap, and digestible McDonald's music (and keeps proliferating it into hundreds of variants) to maximise her profits and use it to finance the budget for the next bigger effort at a cheap McDonald's music album and exercises the same marketing and sales multiplying pattern, to increase her bandwidth of profit yielding further?

Edited by Blackout2006
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 3

17 hours ago, blackoutbritney said:

Ask ur fave who cried when they weren't nominated for a Grammy 

nnnnnnn the swift clock is INSANE :bibliahh:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Still genuinely curious as to why ppl are running with this "she didn't need the signed CDs!" thing.
She didn't know she didn't need them. She clearly thought she did and she was putting them out as a scam tactic as usual. Yall ain't getting your eco terrorist fave off on a technicality. 
Sw*ftie brain rot is real I fear 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

17 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

While I'm avoiding really taking a strong stance either way here, as these women are both my top two artists and I haven't really sorted out how I feel about this yet - I don't think it's fair to suggest that Charli paid for reviews rather than earning them with a consistent history of acclaimed musical output, including Brat. She's really not even the kind of artist who would have the personal finances or significant label backing to pull that off - Brat has been by far her biggest debut and would have only been her second #1 album in her home country.

Yes you have, you know exactly how you feel about it, you just can't say it.....

• Like 2

I'm so happy for Charli. Not only is she getting career-peak numbers with BRAT, but she also has one of the most critically acclaimed albums of ALL TIME, which not everyone has to their credit. This era is already such a massive success for her, and I can really only see her going up from here, building on the sound that established her core fanbase and also introducing new fans to her discography. I'm so happy she's getting the recognition she finally deserves! Congrats Charli :clap3:

Spoiler

Still bitter that BRAT didn't reach that UK number one and lost to cheap tactics. Gonna be channeling my inner "Suddenly I can't read Mariah GIF" for this chart.

Edited by Baltie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SlimyGhoul said:

Still genuinely curious as to why ppl are running with this "she didn't need the signed CDs!" thing.
She didn't know she didn't need them. She clearly thought she did and she was putting them out as a scam tactic as usual. Yall ain't getting your eco terrorist fave off on a technicality. 
Sw*ftie brain rot is real I fear 

You're still here? :suburban:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Arrows said:

Artists TTPD blocked from #1:

Ateez

Gunna

Dua Lipa

Twenty One Pilots

Kings of Leon

Billie

Pet Shop Boys

Charli

More like "not a people's girl"

What do you mean?! These are all female artists to atrl! /s

Let me use a metaphor like Taylor is now a serial killer who now murder both women and men! Or something as dumb as that idk lol! 

:ryan3:

Edited by Rep2000
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Buffy said:

To the haters — We don't care, we love it! Go Taylor!!:clap3:

Not very Christian of you. Worshipping the devil like this. 

3 hours ago, Arrows said:

Artists TTPD blocked from #1:

Ateez

Gunna

Dua Lipa

Twenty One Pilots

Kings of Leon

Billie

Pet Shop Boys

Charli

More like "not a people's girl"

But did she purposefully release new limited time variants all of those weeks? While at the same time proclaiming that she empowers and uplifts women?

Taylor has spent basically her entire career putting down other women to lift herself up, wanting to be seen as an innocent little victim withstanding all these attacks. You Belong With Me (2008) is a song about how she's not like that other superficial idiot girl. Speak Now (2010) is basically the same. Better Than Revenge (2010) speaks for itself. From 2012-2017 she went on a campaign against Katy Perry because she didn't understand contracts. This is just a few examples of her being a shitty person (especially towards women), yet here are the Swifties still going on and on and on about how great she is and 'it's just business'. If the album was actually relevant and of quality, she wouldn't have to pull stunts like this 34 times to inflate the numbers

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

as a person who was really furious about that I have to say:

the fact that it's stuck no2 for now doesn't mean that BRAT has no chance of hitting no1 sometime, and ofc it doesn't make it less of a pop masterpiece and an AOTY 

same goes about TTPD. the fact it did hit no1 doesn't make it any less of the most dreadfully boring self proclaimed ''artistic achievement'' (cough cough) of this past decade or so

my congrats and love to Charli 

I think it'd be better for everyone if I didn't comment on TS rn, tho

• Thumbs Down 4

6 minutes ago, rihxnicki said:

But did she purposefully release new limited time variants all of those weeks? While at the same time proclaiming that she empowers and uplifts women?

You do realize that you can literally find the answer of your very 1st question right on the main page of this very forum, right? :rip:

Like, we have these thread like every single week now with this same tired narrative. Meanwhile, she's blocking more men than women on the entire TTPD chart run so far. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

You do realize that you can literally find the answer of your very 1st question right on the main page of this very forum, right? :rip:

Like, we have these thread like every single week now with this same tired narrative. Meanwhile, she's blocking more men than women on the entire TTPD chart run so far. 

It was a rhetorical question, darling. I know that Taylor releases a new variant every time the wind blows to cling onto #1 (because it's not the quality that's keeping her there). But you can't deny that there's a pattern of her releasing more variants every time there's an another woman coming for #1. It hasn't even started with TTPD/Billie/Charli, she did it with SZA last year and she even tried it with Katy when Witness was released.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Baltie said:

I'm so happy for Charli. Not only is she getting career-peak numbers with BRAT, but she also has one of the most critically acclaimed albums of ALL TIME, which not everyone has to their credit. This era is already such a massive success for her, and I can really only see her going up from here, building on the sound that established her core fanbase and also introducing new fans to her discography. I'm so happy she's getting the recognition she finally deserves! Congrats Charli :clap3:

Reveal hidden contents

Still bitter that BRAT didn't reach that UK number one and lost to cheap tactics. Gonna be channeling my inner "Suddenly I can't read Mariah GIF" for this chart.

Absolutely this. I feel sorry that Charli didn't get that #1 as she deserved it and all because of a scam tactic, but…Charli has the acclaim and for sure is at a new height in her career. It can only go up from here for her, and I am sure she will solidify her career with this sound and gain new fans along the way. Still such a happy moment despite the nasty business move Taylor pulled. 

1 minute ago, Junho_lover said:

Absolutely this. I feel sorry that Charli didn't get that #1 as she deserved it and all because of a scam tactic, but…Charli has the acclaim and for sure is at a new height in her career. It can only go up from here for her, and I am sure she will solidify her career with this sound and gain new fans along the way. Still such a happy moment despite the nasty business move Taylor pulled. 

Is not hard to get that TTPD was still the #1 even without the last push. 
The biggest tour in history is touring the country, it is expected. XCX can stay to Heaven nightclub in London

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

13 minutes ago, Clauss said:

Is not hard to get that TTPD was still the #1 even without the last push. 

Obtuse as always. I guess if Taylor murdered someone it's fine because they're gonna die anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, rihxnicki said:

It was a rhetorical question, darling. I know that Taylor releases a new variant every time the wind blows to cling onto #1 (because it's not the quality that's keeping her there). But you can't deny that there's a pattern of her releasing more variants every time there's an another woman coming for #1. It hasn't even started with TTPD/Billie/Charli, she did it with SZA last year and she even tried it with Katy when Witness was released.

And now we know you are delusional, darling.

Where is the receipt of "a pattern of her releasing more variants every time there's an another woman"? Especially comparing to her track records against men. 

You all sure love holding on to this sexist narrative to bad it's parasocial at this point.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, rihxnicki said:

Obtuse as always. I guess if Taylor murdered someone it's fine because they're gonna die anyway.

Congrats with that logic! gonna get you far

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

And now we know you are delusional, darling.

Where is the receipt of "a pattern of her releasing more variants every time there's an another woman"? Especially comparing to her track records against men. 

You all sure love holding on to this sexist narrative to bad it's parasocial at this point.

She released her discography on Spotify the same day Witness was released.

She released Anti-Hero remixes when SZA finally pulled ahead with Kill Bill.

She released a lot of variants during Billie's release week.

She released 6 UK only variants when the race was tight between her, Charli and Bon Jovi.

There's 4 quick examples just off the top of my head. And a Swifite calling someone else parasocial… I have to laugh.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.