UK: Taylor #1 for 6th week, blocked Charli

MardinBeksloy

45 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Y'all need to go outside :deadbanana4:

Acting as if she blocked them personally from the #1 spot :ahh:

OTH really have just as bad of a parasocial relationship with this woman as some stans

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daddy

• Badgalbriel

• jonapova

• Rep2000

01 35,941 Taylor Swift - THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT [17,136 CDs, 1,481 vinyl, 5 cassettes, 1,134 downloads, 16,185 streaming]
02 27,234 Charli XCX - BRAT [6,077 CDs, 10,687 vinyl, 339 cassettes, 507 downloads, 9,624 streaming]

Source

Taylor was comfortably clearing Charli, even without the Thursday push. It's likely the Official Charts website wanted to goose up some easy clicks so ignored a massive chunk of physical sales from their midweeks article. We'll probably never know.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, BryceG said:

Hold your horses a little. I'm not a Swiftie and couldn't care less.

Final numbers are here:

01 35,941 Taylor Swift - THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT [17,136 CDs, 1,481 vinyl, 5 cassettes, 1,134 downloads, 16,185 streaming]
02 27,234 Charli XCX - BRAT [6,077 CDs, 10,687 vinyl, 339 cassettes, 507 downloads, 9,624 streaming]

I'm sorry to badger this, I'm obviously a Swiftie and would be pleased for this to be true, but I can't find anything online verifying these numbers other than links to other forums. Do you know where these are coming from? 

• Like 1

Just now, DevilsRollTheDice said:

I'm sorry to badger this, I'm obviously a Swiftie and would be pleased for this to be true, but I can't find anything online verifying these numbers other than links to other forums. Do you know where these are coming from? 

Buzzjack is reliable. The numbers come from an industry spreadsheet sent out Friday mornings - people in the music industry are already told who is No. 1 in the morning from that sheet - and they delay uploading the figures until after it's made public knowledge.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

These underwhelming jumps. Imagine if she hadn't turned away casual fans like ATRL has been saying, maybe she wouldn't have had 3 albums outside the top 50.

:clack:

• Haha 4

So the alleged digital "variants" that only were there to block Charli didn't influence anything :toofunny3:

• Like 4

Her physical cd sales increased by 10.2k from the week prior…

Taylor album sales changes, this week versus last:
+11,446 [+10,209 CDs, +217 vinyl, +5 cassettes, +777 downloads, +238 streaming]

Copied from the sales thread at Buzzjack

Omg... Swifties got lashed so bad in here. :rip:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jonapova said:

Her physical cd sales increased by 10.2k from the week prior…

No ****. She's here touring and promoting her music.

• Like 1

Maybe Kanye. Kim and Katy had a point. This is disgustingly and unnecessarily.

• Thumbs Down 3

Karma is a BRAT :duck: 

1 minute ago, BryceG said:

No ****. She's here touring and promoting her music.

Previous week:

Midweek

Taylor Swift - THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT (12,308) [9,259 streaming, 2,770 physicals, 279 downloads]
2 Billie Eilish - HIT ME HARD AND SOFT (12,234) 

Final

01 24,495 Taylor Swift - THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT [6,927 CDs, 1,264 vinyl, 357 downloads, 15,947 streaming]
02 20,346 Billie Eilish - HIT ME HARD AND SOFT

Another 4000 physical cds found in the last tracking day to remain #1

2 minutes ago, jonapova said:

Previous week:

Midweek

Taylor Swift - THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT (12,308) [9,259 streaming, 2,770 physicals, 279 downloads]
2 Billie Eilish - HIT ME HARD AND SOFT (12,234) 

Final

01 24,495 Taylor Swift - THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT [6,927 CDs, 1,264 vinyl, 357 downloads, 15,947 streaming]
02 20,346 Billie Eilish - HIT ME HARD AND SOFT

So??? I'm pretty sure the UK Charts' Company doesn't work like Luminate (where sales are reported at the end of each day)... 

Edited by YellowRibbon

Taylor is evil. I'm so done with her. She's been getting boring for while now. I don't care about Charlie x but this is a mess. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Taylor is evil. I'm so done with her. She's been getting boring for while now. I don't care about Charlie x but this is a mess. 

what a messssjdjfkskkfkd :hoetenks:

1 minute ago, jonapova said:

Possibly delayed Lighting Live data. She performed to 75,000 people in Scotland. Album sales from that would take a few days to process.

5 minutes ago, BryceG said:

Possibly delayed Lighting Live data. She performed to 75,000 people in Scotland. Album sales from that would take a few days to process.

It's the signed copies from 2 weeks ago, some shipped late last week, some did at the start of this one. 

8 minutes ago, YellowRibbon said:

So??? I'm pretty sure the UK Charts' Company doesn't work like Luminate (where sales are reported at the end of each day)... 

It is, but streaming and webstore sales some times get delays and only show up last minute. Charli never stood a chance this week.

Edited by Popboi.

3 hours ago, glitch said:

You won Jane. Enjoy the money I hope it makes you happy. Dear lord, what a sad little life, Jane. You ruined my night completely so you could have the money and I hope now you can spend it on lessons in grace and decorum. Because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.

lmfao????????????????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bumba said:

She does NOT deserve this. Ever since she got more successful with her latest releases, she has become more and more of a product rather than an artist. She only cares about money and destroying other pop stars who she feels threatened by. She is just a mean girl deep inside, backed up by an unhinged group of a million white girls who will support anything she does. She can poop on stage at her tour and they will call it relatable. Her fanbase is so unhinged and will eat anything up that Taylor is giving them. Meanwhile Taylor the product only cares about stats and money, which is why she is delivering all these variants so she can grab a quick buck while she is at her peak. I hope after this album and tour she hides away out of pop culture, because we need more real pop artists who are not manufactured by a whole team of cash-hungry beasts...

nicki.png

And yet

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BryceG said:

Hold your horses a little. I'm not a Swiftie and couldn't care less.

Final numbers are here:

So would she have been even without the "push"? most likely. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.