More likely to have a comeback: Pussycat Dolls or Hilary Duff?

PerfectCure

The PCD versus Hilary Duff  

48 members have voted

1. 1. More likely to have a comeback?

• Pussycat Dolls
    • Hilary Duff
  2. 2. More likely to release music again?

• Pussycat Dolls
    • Hilary Duff
  3. 3. Bigger career?

• Pussycat Dolls
    • Hilary Duff

Both the Pussycat Dolls and Hilary Duff are seemingly retired musically, but you never know.

Both acts also had similar trajectories in their careers.

The_Pussycat_Dolls_-_PCD.pngHilary_Duff_-_Metamorphosis.png

First, their debut albums in the early 2000s spawned their biggest hits. Arguably for the PCD are Don't Cha and Buttons, both which come from their self-titled debut, and in Hilary's case, Come Clean.

71nVe8lvs+S._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpgHilary_Duff_-_Dignity.png

Both released a trendy pop album in the late 2000s, supposedly right after their peaks as an attempt to regain momentum.

The_Pussycat_Dolls_-_React.pngBreathe_In_Breathe_Out.png

Ultimately, years after their 2000s records and after everyone thought they had retired, both tried to resurrect their careers in the 2010s. Sadly, the attempt to get a proper comeback backfired, and only one even managed to put out an album.

:rip:

Now, with everyone and their mothers being suckers for nostalgia, and with Doja Cat singing 'Come Clean' at her concerts, who do you think has a better hypothetical chance at a comeback hit, ATRL? Discuss! :celestial5:

Hilary actually released an album, still debuted at #5 on the Billboard 200 with Sparks flopping and the promotion being half assed. But I don't think her heart is into music at all now. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Stepfon said:

Hilary actually released an album, still debuted at #5 on the Billboard 200 with Sparks flopping and the promotion being half assed. But I don't think her heart is into music at all now. 

This is true, and it's even funnier when you think she's married (?) to a music producer :bunny2:

• Like 2

Hillary on Taylor Swift (Taylor's Version) is coming. :WAP:

• Like 1

Hillary. Didnt PCD recently try and the only moment they had was their x Factos reunion performance. 

what is this RANDOM comparison omg 

I like Hilary but come on PCD era was iconic and GP actually stanned their singles, Hilary was like a teen-driven act, I do not see her being relevant like that again, PCD honestly could pull of a smash single or two

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Pussycat Dolls deserve it more than Hilary AKA the laziest person in the world. 

I hope it's eternal teen queen Hilary Duff with another Come Clean, Sparks and Stranger. :heart:

PCd with an all new (younger) lineup of background dancers

45 minutes ago, prettyinpink940 said:

The Pussycat Dolls deserve it more than Hilary AKA the laziest person in the world. 

lazy is better than nasty (Nicole)

Hilary for all 3 

If Hilary returns, I want her to make music that's reminiscent to her earlier works. Everything she did in the early 2000s became timeless: Fly, So Yesterday, Come Clean, Wake Up, What Dreams Are Made Of, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

Hillary. Didnt PCD recently try and the only moment they had was their x Factos reunion performance. 

React was a cute UK hit and the tour was poised to well until the pandemic and backstage drama. 

• Like 1

Pussycat Dolls are over for good with the pending lawsuit between Robin Anton and Nicole. They will never get back together after this. 

18 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

PCd with an all new (younger) lineup of background dancers

That's a good idea, but wouldn't Nicole look out of place? :celestial6:

None. I would love to hear some standalone singles though, here and there.

I have nothing to add regarding this topic but just want to add my two cents about Hilary.

I personally believe Hilary enjoys making music and always saw her rebranding herself as an American Kylie Minogue. However, I think she has industry insecurities that hold her back, such as label contracts, heavy promotion that keeps her away from home, and modern music gimmicks.

Hilary just needs the right single for a decent comeback. People love her and would support her. Unfortunately, during the BIBO era, Chasing the Sun killed the hype, and when she picked up traction again with Sparks, she released a Tinder commercial as the video.

• Thanks 3

PCC have fallen out with each other and Nicole is trying her broadway career now

Hilary is swapping between maternity and vacation periods ….so 

Will go with PCD because would love them to come back with few more bops

22 hours ago, Venom said:

I have nothing to add regarding this topic but just want to add my two cents about Hilary.

I personally believe Hilary enjoys making music and always saw her rebranding herself as an American Kylie Minogue. However, I think she has industry insecurities that hold her back, such as label contracts, heavy promotion that keeps her away from home, and modern music gimmicks.

Hilary just needs the right single for a decent comeback. People love her and would support her. Unfortunately, during the BIBO era, Chasing the Sun killed the hype, and when she picked up traction again with Sparks, she released a Tinder commercial as the video.

I totally agree with your pov. She seems traumatized from the amount of work, touring and label control that happened during her active years in music. It's sad because she was so young back then.

If Hilary focuses on making quality dance-driven songs, I can see her scoring a niche following. Matthew has a background in EDM so he can definitely help her out, and she should feel more confident around him. I just don't know if she's interested at all anymore.

• Like 3

On 6/14/2024 at 10:20 AM, ImpressMeMuch said:

lazy is better than nasty (Nicole)

There is no evidence of Nicole being "nasty" to any of the others. There's a reason why Melody, Ashley and Kim still like her posts and Melody even posts IG stories praising her. The only ones that dislike Nicole are Robin (because Nicole stood up to her) and the right-wing anti-vax nutcase.

Robin is the only who's been exposed for her shady deals that exploit her employees (including OCD) so it's weird that you'd think Nicole is the "nasty" one of the bunch.

5 hours ago, Inverted said:

There is no evidence of Nicole being "nasty" to any of the others. There's a reason why Melody, Ashley and Kim still like her posts and Melody even posts IG stories praising her. The only ones that dislike Nicole are Robin (because Nicole stood up to her) and the right-wing anti-vax nutcase.

Robin is the only who's been exposed for her shady deals that exploit her employees (including OCD) so it's weird that you'd think Nicole is the "nasty" one of the bunch.

I was activated by someone coming for Hilary lol

tbh you're right I just forgot, love Nicole's solo stuff too she deserved more love! Jlo she is not.

• Like 1

I'd love if both did .. but probably Hilary since Nicole and PCD tried to but then covid happened and other stuff. While Hilary is a solo artist can drop something if she felt like it.

PCD actually served top-tier pop independently by releasing React.

It was obviously just a quick cash-grab to go with the UK tour, but had they been on a major label and if Covid didn't delay stuff, they most likely would still be around :monkey:

Robin and Nicole sued the hell out of each other, so it's probably not happening anymore anyway....

I could definitely see Hilary having an itch to record and release music again, having a successful musical comeback. I could see her having a career similar to Sheryl Crow after having a comeback, being a household name for adult contemporary enthusiasts.

PCD were one of the biggest girl groups in history. Wtf is this comparison?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.