Taylor Swift announces official end of The Eras Tour in December

Feanor

I don't want to sound mean-spirited but what will happen next? With Billie, her first real competition, about to surpass her on Spotify and with an album that must be better than anything Taylor has released since at least 2016, what's next?

I ask this with some anguish, TTPD seemed good to me, very good... but the songs were very long. I want to clarify that to me she seems like a kind of cult singer, because she has very good albums (or future cult singer, when all the fuss is over). But will she be the queen again?

I sincerely think that he should take a break and come back with a short album, 10 or 13 songs and not that long, and he should take the issue of hits and perhaps production seriously.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trent W

• Blue Monday

• Asscatchem

• selena_lavigne

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't believe I missed this tour because I thought Beyoncé was coming to my country and I had to save money :monkey:

10 minutes ago, watawa said:

I don't want to sound mean-spirited but what will happen next? With Billie, her first real competition, about to surpass her on Spotify and with an album that must be better than anything Taylor has released since at least 2016, what's next?

I ask this with some anguish, TTPD seemed good to me, very good... but the songs were very long. I want to clarify that to me she seems like a kind of cult singer, because she has very good albums (or future cult singer, when all the fuss is over). But will she be the queen again?

I sincerely think that he should take a break and come back with a short album, 10 or 13 songs and not that long, and he should take the issue of hits and perhaps production seriously.

What da fuq you smoking?

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Yeah fans

Everybody else said no

Everybody? The whole world are swifties. So you must be talking about the minority of haters.

• Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Everybody? The whole world are swifties. So you must be talking about the minority of haters.

Not trying to be negative, but a lot of casual fans have been put off by the era's terrible marketing 

Im a casual fan.

And sadly I think this might last era if she keeps going on the same greedy path

And outside of swiftie circles I haven't heard a positive thing about Taylor since she announced the album at the Grammys.

Edited by Trent W
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Not trying to be negative, but a lot of casual fans have been put off by the era's terrible marketing 

Im a casual fan.

And sadly I think this might last era if she keeps going on the same greedy path

And outside of swiftie circles I haven't heard a positive thing about Taylor since she announced the album at the Grammys.

Nothing new there. Haters have always been around. She'll only attract more of them the bigger she gets. This is the biggest she's ever been.

11 minutes ago, Buffy said:

swifties are in such a bubble they really think the "whole world" adores her

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Im a casual fan.

literally only stan twitter cares about the charts and her marketing tactics. outside the internet no one cares

15 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

literally only stan twitter cares about the charts and her marketing tactics. outside the internet no one cares

She's overexposed right now to the GP too tho.

Like I said, last year she was in a much positive light than this year

TTPD has been her worst era marketing wise

And the album consumption is really fans buying over and over and over the same album in different variants

• Like 2

1 hour ago, watawa said:

Did you knock your little noggin and forget about the 13-track Midnights from 2022 that just won AOTY?

7 minutes ago, on the line said:

Did you knock your little noggin and forget about the 13-track Midnights from 2022 that just won AOTY?

Midnights are 21 tracks. Anyway, half of 13 have been eliminated.

1 hour ago, Trent W said:

She's overexposed right now to the GP too tho.

Like I said, last year she was in a much positive light than this year

TTPD has been her worst era marketing wise

And the album consumption is really fans buying over and over and over the same album in different variants

idk, seems like only chronically online people truly care

2 hours ago, Buffy said:

that explains why billie currently has 3 songs including 2 album tracks charting in front of taylor's flop lead single on spotify right now :coffee2:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Donquizote said:

Hope that she releases boxscore as well :jonny5:

Of course she will, it's Taylor.

Hotels are going for like $3k for a room here in Vancouver it's insane :rip: I know people who are going to rent out their apartments for those days for so much money.

13 hours ago, SlimyGhoul said:

thank god

13 hours ago, family.guy123 said:

Then hopefully she'll start flopping and this torture can END

13 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

The pandemic is nearly over

I can't imagine hating something so deeply, and then exposing myself to it daily:rip: Like, just avoid this thread. It's serious loser behavior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Arrows said:

I can't imagine hating something so deeply, and then exposing myself to it daily:rip: Like, just avoid this thread. It's serious loser behavior.

i'm a taylor fan btw, 1989 is my fave album of all time. i typed two words while you quoted every single person who is tired of hearing about the tour because you're so bothered but yeah, typing "thank god" is loser behavior. People have different opinions than you. get over it weirdo.

• Confused 1

I think it's the perfect time to end the tour. It's already left a massive legacy and it will definitely be in history books. 2025 will be such a clean slate for her. Personally I like to be greedy and have more music but at the same time I want her to rest, enjoy her life and just relax as she deserved it after the hard work she's put on. Maybe use the time to begin drafting movie scripts or anything related to her attempt to make a movie.

16 hours ago, Trent W said:

TTPD was definitely not cool or necessary 

It'd not a bad album, but is the same rehashed ideas again and again in 31 tracks. Zero evolution.

Her creativity is exhausted in this most recent album. Wish more of her fans were less yes people and actually demand proper material like most stanbases do.

Consuming whatever she throws at you is the reason why she is in a creativity bankruptcy.

To you. TTPD is a gem in her discography, for me and majority of the fans. I don't think she should please the GP at this point, if you're not with her then that's okay. Her fans understand this album so much that it's a pivotal one in her career. Regardless of GP's support.

The fact it's still pulling in week 1 streaming numbers of lesser pop stars in its 8th week is a testament that the album is still embraced by the GP. I don't think the 30M daily streams are all Swifties, come on now.

3 hours ago, Arrows said:

Well then it's a good thing she's my *checks notes* 12th most played artist OF ALL TIME. 

5 hours ago, Arrows said:

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen babes; your fan base loves to throw rocks and hide their hands behind their backs. If it's not that deep, you can just as easily ignore the "haters" xx :gaycat2:

Edited by Blue Monday

3 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen babes

This makes no sense. OTHs are the ones who came in the kitchen in the first place. :coffee:

Damn time flies so fast, feels like just yesterday I saw her live in Vegas on the 2nd weekend of her tour. :chick3:

19 hours ago, Frogger17 said:

This makes no sense. OTHs are the ones who came in the kitchen in the first place. :coffee:

so you're pretending a Swiftie literally didn't just try to link Ariana to Scooter Braun and supporting Israel/genocide just mere days ago for joining an app he's loosely linked to??? The mods had to change the title for being misleading and inflammatory. I could go on. 

There's a reason why your fan base has beef with every single female artists' fan base, weirdly because they don't put up the same kind of numbers as Taylor; you vicariously live through her commercial success because you have nothing else. Y'all can be critical and inflammatory about literally every one else but the second someone critiques Taylor you start crying foul. Miss me with that

Edited by Blue Monday
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.