Taylor drops signed UK photo cards in attempt to block Charli from #1

Thickorita

10 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

one would hope for some personal growth after... checks notes... 10 years!

She probably has more growth than someone who is averaging more than 10 posts on ATRL per day :rip:

Edited by taylorrrr
  • Haha 3

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rep2000

• BrokenMachine

• YellowRibbon

• DevilsRollTheDice

taylor you're a ***** thats what you are leave us alone

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, L1veLaughL0ve said:

She is most definitely not on the same level as the Beatles, MJ or Madonna. The Eras tour is not as revolutionary as you seem to think it is. Beyoncé could do it with ease. It would actually be very interesting to know what % of the audience who attend the shows are parents accompanying their children.  All the records she has broken related to sales are because of mass released variants and fear mongering tactics. It's cheap. 

"Could do it with ease", you realize they had the same amount of dates last year and Taylor still grossed 2x? Delusion reaching more heights :bibliahh:

All these thinkpieces over who out of these rich people get the #1, bless y'all :toofunny3:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

10 daily atrl posts > 10 daily album variants polluting the planet 

:bibliahh::deadbanana4:

Do you guys think another #TaylorSwiftIsOverParty era is slowly approaching?

will she make another documentary playing the victim?

Teyana Taylor Page GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

lmfao 26 pages for this... 

I mean, this road leads to nothing but saturation so I hope she keeps on doing it. The faster the better. 

There's barely anything memorable from the album, artistically speaking; it's only natural that she focuses so much on numbers. People compare her with Jackson, Madonna and The Beatles but I find her more akin to Celine Dion in the 90s. 

1 hour ago, L1veLaughL0ve said:

She is most definitely not on the same level as the Beatles, MJ or Madonna. The Eras tour is not as revolutionary as you seem to think it is.

Honestly I used to think that way but after I did a ton of research on their peaks....Taylormania just isn't close, especially to Beatlemania which was tied to massive cultural movements (Counterculture, Swinging Sixties, British Invasion, etc.) that transcend charts, numbers and stan wars. There was a pre-Beatles era and a post-Beatles era basically.

I think her phenomenon is more of a Spice Girls/Britney level but with more numbers, critical acclaim, Grammys and respect (for her songwriting).

Though I don't think any of the artists mentioned would have been this savvy and aggressive with the charts if they had the power of the internet and chart knowledge in 2024. Maybe Madonna? But I do wonder how involved Taylor is in this chart battle cause she herself admitted that the tour has taken so much of her life that even in her downtime at home she's only thinking about the tour and song mashups and stuff, like does she even have time to care specifically about this Charli release?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, redsbae said:

Taylor and her team rely solely on stats (sales, grossing, and records) because unlike Madonna, Michael, Beyonce, ect she lacks real talent and hasn't done anything groundbreaking in pop culture but be commercially successful.

!!!

i get so annoyed when people try to place her in the same lane as MJ and Madonna, and I don't even like Madonna :skull: their careers are legendary because of the boundaries they broke, and she's popular because her mediocrity is relatable.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

44 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

Do you guys think another #TaylorSwiftIsOverParty era is slowly approaching?

will she make another documentary playing the victim?

Teyana Taylor Page GIF

i was thinking this yday and i wouldnt doubt it but most swifties are too brainwashed to see past the cult theyre a part of

8 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Taylor is an undeniable phenomenon, but the Madonna comparisons will always seem wrong to me.

Madonna became the biggest female artist in the world despite continuously pissing off conservatives. This is the woman who, after signing a $60M contract, released a coffee-table book about her deepest sexual fantasies and an album full of 6-minute house/NJS songs about sex, homophobia and the AIDS epidemic. :deadbanana4:

Madonna obviously paid attention to the charts and what was hapenning in pop culture, but she was never afraid to piss off her own fanbase. Taylor, on the other hand, calculates every move with the aim to be as liked by as many people as possible. And nobody is saying she shouldn't do that (well, I am, but anyways...). Still, let's not compare her to artists who actually took risks and broke new ground. The Celine and "Barbra but with less talent" takes are spot-on.

(And before any of you starts quoting me, no, releasing 25 variants of an album does not count as pissing off your own fanbase.)

And I'm not even gonna entertain the Beatles comparison. Call me when that lady does LSD and releases anything as forward-thinking as Sgt. Pepper's. :dies:

Spot on

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

The Celine and "Barbra but with less talent" takes are spot-on.

Honestly even then, it's kind of an insult to Celine and Barbra cause they just sang and minded their own business and didn't pull such stunts :skull: They were the Adeles, Taylor is just a unique case I fear :dies: 

• Like 1

Ugh these ppl comparing Taylor to MJ, Madonna, the Beatles etc.
It just shows in which year they're born.

Taylor is huge right now, no denying. But she has no impact, no iconography and no legendary hits. As an artists she's faceless compared to the legends. Just fuckin STOP :khalyan2:

Edited by Patient Zero
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kim kardashian was right all along

• Haha 2

In another lifetime she'd be eating up a season of Survivor/Big Brother :chick1:

• Like 1

I think it's probably closer to compare her to Susan Boyle than to Michael Jackson or Madonna

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

The way they would absolutely buy her snot

• Haha 8

taylor swift will be remembered the same way elvis is

as a joke

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Madonna and MJ have several iconic performances. Taylor has zero. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.