• YellowRibbon

• DevilsRollTheDice

7 hours ago, newaespa said:

Too successful? :ahh::ahh: 

"too successful for her liking"

maybe u should read more than 2 words before you quote 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, aotwbys said:

I think this is just about their personal feud rather than making TTPD #1 again. Tay saw Gabriette's engagement ring on Charli XCX's ass and that was that 

Charli wasn't projected for #1 when she dropped the signed CDs so not quite. The digital albums only happened cause she was only 300 copies away from #1, an easy reach, and realistically the only boost those digital copies would do as UK's album digital sales are next to 0 (even first week numbers for Adele and Taylor's TTPD were really low).

Edited by Popboi.
  • Like 1

this really put the final nail in the coffin for any ounce of respect i have left for her :laugh:

Edited by Contessa
  • Like 4

Oof I'm glad CC came out before this :biblionny:

5 hours ago, L1veLaughL0ve said:

She isn't popular as you think she is. Hence the need to pull stunts like this. If she was genuinely popular there would be no need to release 20 different versions of the same album. There is clearly a limited amount of people (although still big) that listen and purchase her music. Beyoncé could also do this tour with ease. Taylor isn't the girl you think she is. Her numbers are just smoke and mirrors. 

This is signature worthy. Spot on. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jomarr said:

She's a brilliant business woman because her fans are unbelievably buying all those variants. So yeah, Taylor is a brilliant business woman milking her Taylor Swheeps earning minimum wage in order to bank her billions!

We wouldn't call predator cult leaders brilliant. I would like to uncouple brilliance from hyper-materialist aims that abuse broken souls with nothing to live for but the next crunchy mp3. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

Now I see why Beyonce stuck with her release date despite not having her album completed.:bibliahh:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, LegaMyth said:

Now I see why Beyonce stuck with her release date despite not having her album completed.:bibliahh:

Why? 

9 minutes ago, LegaMyth said:

Girl she did over 400k, outside the first week she would've been fine :rip: 

Just now, Popboi. said:

Girl she did over 400k, outside the first week she would've been fine :rip: 

Taylor would have released the Thong Cover edition to block Bey.

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, L1veLaughL0ve said:

She isn't popular as you think she is. Hence the need to pull stunts like this. If she was genuinely popular there would be no need to release 20 different versions of the same album. There is clearly a limited amount of people (although still big) that listen and purchase her music. Beyoncé could also do this tour with ease. Taylor isn't the girl you think she is. Her numbers are just smoke and mirrors. 

You don't have to lie like this though. :skull: Anyone still pushing this "Taylor's success is smoke and mirrors! It's just her fans mass buying and mass streaming" nonsense, especially after The Eras Tour, is completely out of touch with reality.

She IS undeniably the biggest artist of this century, and has been for a decade. Her current popularity is similar to that of the Beatles, MJ, Madonna, Elvis, etc. (although I don't think it's fair to compare today's artists to those from decades ago). AND THAT's what makes these tactics and stunts even more hilarious because she does not need them and she should not be doing them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

first billie, now charli

this is actually such loser behaviour from someone that is already so successful and popular. this narcissistic woman is not to be trusted, would be a terrible friend etc. 

a cult leader, it's true. the mary cosby of pop.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

charli has the most acclaimed album of her career, the sales are great for her standards, has a real relationship that is not for show and she seems creatively satisfied with what she puts out these days so i don't think it'll affect her that much if she doesn't get the number 1 spot it's just a bonus for her if she does get it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alongoria13 said:

She already blocked Mylene's remix album I think :skull:

A pebble could've 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, YellowRibbon said:

Calling her a fascist for releasing album variants :bibliahh:

Yeah, some of y'all lost the plot even more than those fans who buy all the variants.

As the saying goes, talk is cheap. I agree, this isn't fascism. But that said, it costs nothing to vent frustrations & be hyperbolic. That's a low stakes activity that can't be compared to people shelling out hundreds of dollars to buy music from the world's most successful artist as if she desperately needs the support. I can understand the aggravation! And I can understand buying/selling variants. But the extent it's been taken to is so plainly anti-art that I can't grasp what motivates people to continue to defending it. She's on top, what more do you guys want? If she even included more than just 1 single novelty track per CD, I'd respect it more. Why not 2-4 bonuses? You can like Taylor & her music without liking everything she does! But indiscriminately defending every call she makes rly undermines the credibility of the fans & gives ppl easy ammo to be convinced the "cult" stereotype is true

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

lol must have struck a chord since TTPD isn't the album with songs as good as Talk Talk :bird:

geolocking the release to the UK ….. whether it's her or her team directly responsible , it's so , SOOOOOOO tacky and desperate

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Windy Day said:

spacer.png

Y'all obviously gaf by having a thread with over 25 pages. Don't know what's with the quirky comeback. 

• Like 1

The way these shenanigans are the only memorable thing about this album :dies:

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, taylorrrr said:

Y'all obviously gaf by having a thread with over 25 pages. Don't know what's with the quirky comeback. 

one would hope for some personal growth after... checks notes... 10 years!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

You don't have to lie like this though. :skull: Anyone still pushing this "Taylor's success is smoke and mirrors! It's just her fans mass buying and mass streaming" nonsense, especially after The Eras Tour, is completely out of touch with reality.

She IS undeniably the biggest artist of this century, and has been for a decade. Her current popularity is similar to that of the Beatles, MJ, Madonna, Elvis, etc. (although I don't think it's fair to compare today's artists to those from decades ago). AND THAT's what makes these tactics and stunts even more hilarious because she does not need them and she should not be doing them.

She is most definitely not on the same level as the Beatles, MJ or Madonna. The Eras tour is not as revolutionary as you seem to think it is. Beyoncé could do it with ease. It would actually be very interesting to know what % of the audience who attend the shows are parents accompanying their children.  All the records she has broken related to sales are because of mass released variants and fear mongering tactics. It's cheap. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

3 minutes ago, L1veLaughL0ve said:

She is most definitely not on the same level as the Beatles, MJ or Madonna. The Eras tour is not as revolutionary as you seem to think it is. Beyoncé could do it with ease. It would actually be very interesting to know what % of the audience who attend the shows are parents accompanying their children.  All the records she has broken related to sales are because of mass released variants and fear mongering tactics. It's cheap. 

This mostly sounds like you are raging against the obvious.  But if that's what you need to protect your mental health, let it be.  

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, L1veLaughL0ve said:

She's clearly the biggest musical act of this century and in the vicinity of MJ and especially Madonna. Denying this is delusional at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.