• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rep2000

• BrokenMachine

• YellowRibbon

• DevilsRollTheDice

Unhinged thread. People really are consumed with Taylor Swift.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Not trying to defend Taylor because I'm also tired of all this, but... Did the physical restock even ship during the last tracking week? Because that seems impossible to do overnight. At most the signed CDs earlier in the week could be shipped this week but that's it. 

I just don't understand how the versions pulled last night could have had any impact on the charts the week of Charli's release, or I missed something. 

I'm not sure what's more concerning; her descent into despicable territory or the rationales coming from her stans. It may sound melodramatic but it really harkens back to the doctrines seeded in the makings of a dictatorship. Sure, it's just a silly chart battle. What happens when Taylor thirsts for more? Business as usual? :toofunny3:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Anyway, I will say it's a bit odd that she's piledriving so hard this era. She seems to be throwing away some of the respect she garnered from folklore+evermore+Red TV in exchange for maximizing commercial success? It's going to negatively affect her image with other artists, songwriters, and producers when it comes time for the Grammys. Has she formally decided chart success > awards at this point? It's interesting to think about. 

she's doing everything to have reputa TS ver. She hopes everyone will hate her so she can be a victim

• Thanks 1

she wants poets to stay #1 all year to guarantee aoty because thats how the scammys work

but yall aint ready for that conversation

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stimulus said:

Charli deserves this #1 with her best work yet. I hope she can overcome this obstacle.

so did billie

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, MatiRod said:

Ok so let me first say that I stan and have been a huge fan since "You Belong with Me" in middle school but I think this is getting to the point where it's leaking out of the stan bubble and starting to harm her image and how people in the industry view her.

And I don't mean this in a shady way, the dramatics in here are too much, no one is dying :rip: it's just an album being sold, Charli will be more than fine with her own millions and acclaim and no one cares about charts other than the industry and stans, but I don't see the benefit to Taylor at this point. Everyone knows she's the biggest star in the world already and the most successful person in music arguably ever, certainly of the 21st century so far. What are these new editions accomplishing? She has always been absurdly savvy when it comes to her business. Yes she did special editions and such in the past but never to this extent and she's got to be aware of the narrative people are creating.

Unless it's all intentional as a prelude to Reputation TV, which if so, iconic behaviour tbh

the benefit is TS stays a cnnt

Edited by yassskween

The dramatics in this thread over album sales :bibliahh:

2013TRL is BACK

18 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

she wants poets to stay #1 all year to guarantee aoty because thats how the scammys work

but yall aint ready for that conversation

well TTPD doesn't deserve a Grammy :doc:

• Like 4

Whether Taylor gets the #1 is completely irrelevant to me as I stan neither her nor Charli, but I have to admit the constant spamming of new variations on a weekly basis is very odd. Everyone on the planet knows she's chart-driven, and controversially perhaps, I don't think that's a bad thing - but the question is, when is enough enough for her in that department? Because it's beginning to give "I have everything I've ever wanted and more, but I'm still not satisfied."

But more fool the cult that actually purchase these variations week in week out, tbh. (Luckily, the vast majority of Swifties I've personally come across are normal, so this doesn't apply to them.)

She's so getting blocked, ATRL is going to suffer :ahh: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

At the end of the day, it's kind of corny to see someone be so desperate to stay at n1, especially when she's already had so much success.

But also using words like "*****", "despicable", "deranged" over this also kind of makes you sound a bit brain damaged? It's corny chart manipulation, she didn't bomb a country ffs :rip:

Edited by Khal
  • Like 3

Come thru Charli! I hope all the fans are buying extra

Edited by Flanders

5 minutes ago, Khal said:

At the end of the day, it's kind of corny to see someone be so desperate to stay especially when she's already had so much success.

But also using words like "*****", "despicable", "deranged" over this also kind of makes you sound a bit brain damaged? It's corny chart manipulation, she didn't bomb a country ffs :rip:

this:rip:

ive been a swiftie since speak now and i havent bought any physicals since 1989 (and i only bought 1 cd), i think its a bit too much and unnecessary for her to do this

but calling her all sorts of words because of this??? :rip: the parasocial relationship goes both ways

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ZacXCX said:

Can we stop calling a post that has more than 2 sentences a thinkpiece/meltdown? For fans of a lyricist, y'all have a lot of difficulties with words.

spacer.png

I'm very entertained by this entire thread, though. No matter the chart position, 365 is diamond-certified in my apartment.

Uhm give them a break, they just entered high school

• Haha 1

Why is everyone talking about "versions" and "new album editions"? Isn't this literally just signed albums?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

Swifties in this thread saying nobody in the industry cares about Taylor's tactics when we already have a HDD article explicitly saying people in the industry wanted Billie to have her moment over Taylor because of the variant BS, and the former editorial director of the Hollywood Reporter saying on record artists and industry people did not like or appreciate her Grammy announcement for TTPD. Saying she's not building resentment amongst her peers when we're talking about her blocking Charli's album which literally has a song about being insecure about Taylor :rip:

Of course the industry doesn't like THE music industry. She's too big for these old men own good, and too bad she's too powerful so her peers seem smaller in comparison. Billie also dropped her variants and ran her mouths. Charlie used Taylor for clouds. Happy they both will get blocked. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

4 minutes ago, Arrows said:

Why is everyone talking about "versions" and "new album editions"? Isn't this literally just signed albums?

Nah their comprehension skill is blurred by their hate for Taylor 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Her power hungry *** needs to get called out more often. It's getting weirder and weirder. 

• Like 10
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, taylorrrr said:

I love her energy. People say she's a serial dater, but she comes back with a mega-smash blank space to make fun of the press. Now everybody's calling her Deranged sociopath / greedy etc and she's going to take the narrative back again. 

Y'all never learn as usual :gaycat4:

It makes me what to stan her more. Like the saying says, "hate the game, not the player."

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 12

9 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I think she's flying too close to the sun. I haven't bought these variants (I really never have) but I also never really saw a problem with them, she wasn't doing anything others weren't also doing. But with TTPD era it's been a weekly circus, and it's a bit baffling. She's definitely turning off casual fans, people who already hate her, and eventually, the hardcore fans who are having to shell out money for these things every week. She's also taking a huge blow to her respect amongst her fellow musicians in the industry, which I mentioned is going to drastically affect her chances at Grammys. If money is all she wants then that's not really something I can get behind. I'll keep streaming the music but I definitely am not throwing my money into a greedy, bottomless well! 

It's wild to me that this isn't the normal view. So many Swifties celebrating their fave acting like a corporation with quarterly revenue goals is crazy to me. 

Like these exclusive acoustic variants with only ONE acoustic song is absolutely ridiculous. 

Most Swifties are just obsessed with viewing her as the victim but this really is indefensible. Pulling all these stunts months after release just makes no sense. 

I think the monstrous success of the eras tour shifted something in her, and now she's more obsessed than ever with being the best and #1 in everything. 

If more Swifties could actually admit that this behavior isn't cool, maybe she'd stop. But yeah, as long as fans keep buying it does seem like she cares more about sales than respect.

Edited by Gaia
  • Like 9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.