Taylor drops signed UK photo cards in attempt to block Charli from #1

Thickorita

53 minutes ago, Grizzo said:

all i want to know is if she's gonna do the same when a male artist releases his album… like Post Malone or Morgan Wallen or whoever 

because at the moment it seems really pointed :toofunny2:

You've caused a rage fit but it does seem pointed toward younger female artists. I do recall that she moved RED TV back a week to make way for Adele… But only did because she knew she would lose. 

She only ever seems to punch down. I don't think she would challenge Morgan unless she was dropping a new album. But even then she would probably clear the way for him. 

• Like 2

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rep2000

• BrokenMachine

• YellowRibbon

• DevilsRollTheDice

I wanna hear something from an honest Taylor stan not the obsessive ones.. what's yall honest take on this?? Do yall think is ok for her to be this obsessed?? One week won't hurt her. This is INSANE. 

38 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Billboard allowed BTS fraudulence to terrorize the charts with Butter tho 

Butter and many singles. 

• Like 1

Just now, Superbitch said:

I wanna hear something from an honest Taylor stan not the obsessive ones.. what's yall honest take on this?? Do yall think is ok for her to be this obsessed?? One week won't hurt her. This is INSANE. 

I think she's flying too close to the sun. I haven't bought these variants (I really never have) but I also never really saw a problem with them, she wasn't doing anything others weren't also doing. But with TTPD era it's been a weekly circus, and it's a bit baffling. She's definitely turning off casual fans, people who already hate her, and eventually, the hardcore fans who are having to shell out money for these things every week. She's also taking a huge blow to her respect amongst her fellow musicians in the industry, which I mentioned is going to drastically affect her chances at Grammys. If money is all she wants then that's not really something I can get behind. I'll keep streaming the music but I definitely am not throwing my money into a greedy, bottomless well! 

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, Superbitch said:

You should go read the comments on the TaylorSwift threads, I've seen countless people sharing their distaste with these countless "exclusive" releases

Applause to the sane Taylor stans in here because this is not something to defend. It's obvious sabotage. She really is a mean, selfish woman. A classic case of all the money and success in the world never being enough for one's happiness.

• Like 11

Why, though? I kinda get it on the BB200, she probably wants those 12 weeks, but one week more on #1 in the UK means basically nothing to her and wasn't Charli her friend a while back? 

I stan her, but this is not it.

Edited by Iñakifan

47 minutes ago, ericcartman said:

Did Charlie shade Taylor previously?

Unclear. She opened for Taylor on previous tour and is now dating a boy in The 1975, which has led some to interpet some unfriendly lyrics from brat to be about Taylor.

I am surprised this thread is still open. I guess that Swiftie mod is asleep.

:ryan3:

• Haha 6

34 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I think she's flying too close to the sun. I haven't bought these variants (I really never have) but I also never really saw a problem with them, she wasn't doing anything others weren't also doing. But with TTPD era it's been a weekly circus, and it's a bit baffling. She's definitely turning off casual fans, people who already hate her, and eventually, the hardcore fans who are having to shell out money for these things every week. She's also taking a huge blow to her respect amongst her fellow musicians in the industry, which I mentioned is going to drastically affect her chances at Grammys. If money is all she wants then that's not really something I can get behind. I'll keep streaming the music but I definitely am not throwing my money into a greedy, bottomless well! 

28 minutes ago, Ichinaru19 said:

You should go read the comments on the TaylorSwift threads, I've seen countless people sharing their distaste with these countless "exclusive" releases

:clap3: so there are sane Stans. I saw some mad af on Twitter saying it was art and they're art collectors and we don't get it :skull:

i get it maybe the first 2-3 weeks but to block CHARLI Cxc!! Let her win for once. :skull: I do think this will backfire within the industry and they vote for the Grammys. 

47 minutes ago, ericcartman said:

She said this about opening at the Reputation Tour:

"I'm really grateful that [Taylor] asked me on that tour," she told Pitchfork. "But as an artist, it kind of felt like I was getting up onstage and waving to 5-year-olds."

After the backlash she received about it she said it was just a comparation of how she was used to sing in +18 clubs the whole time :eli:

• Haha 4

I think it all goes back to her quote "I'm doing everything I can while the public still tolerates me being successful at this age".

I think she saw the tides turn when Tortured got polarized reviews (I feel like even she wasn't expecting it to be THAT bad) and she's always been aware about her age and we all know she won't be as relatable to the kids in her late 30s and early 40s (not her entire audience but still a big chunk of it), not to mention Eras is ending this year and the last re-recordings next year.

So I think she believes Tortured will be the last era of her PEAK peak so she's milking it like there's no tomorrow cause she'll probably miss the extraordinary success and validation and the songwriting motivation and fire that comes from that continuous validation.

Eventually she'll revert back into being just another successful pop girl past her peak or at least an established and respected veteran inevitably slowing down and just making music for herself. Like a female Paul McCartney or something.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Superbitch said:

I don't think she cares that much. EMI probably does though. 

this is so exhausting... why does she care so much about staying at #1... let others have some time to shine too ffs x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Lyrical. said:

Applause to the sane Taylor stans in here because this is not something to defend. It's obvious sabotage. She really is a mean, selfish woman. A classic case of all the money and success in the world never being enough for one's happiness.

Mean really is the best way to describe her - just plain and simple.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dopamina said:

:skull:

that's so not eco-friendly smhhhh lol x

1 hour ago, ericcartman said:

Maybe

Damn this is not the Taylor I used to stan before.

Apart from her success, her greediness needs to be studied in universities too. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, americanshameless said:

What's that popular word that starts with C over there!

Charli XCX

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 1

All these variants and weeks on top won't make your album any better, Ms Swift

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, dopamina said:

Mental illness

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

20 minutes ago, dopamina said:

i could furnish my whole apartment with that money :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.