• Rep2000

• BrokenMachine

• YellowRibbon

• DevilsRollTheDice

3 hours ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

I feel awful for them like… the brain rot is deep

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Nah she only does this with female artists. When Bon Jovi was still ahead of Charli she didn't care, but the moment Charli was the one projected to debut at number one, that nasty, mean-spirited woman decided to drop another batch of signed copies. It must be pathological at this point. 

Wow, who is gonna tell Drake and Luke Combs that they are female artists now? Pathological indeed.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

Funny how that user purposely ignores my respond :ahh:

Comparing Taylor or athletes is insane cuz Sportmanship is a huge thing for almost all Olympians. Majority of them would want to win fair and square rather than playing dirty. 

Taylor is not competing for the chart, she's trying to gain unfair advantages. 

You are conflating artistic output with chart performance. They can be similar and related, but charting is also a skill that nearly all artists participate in. 

Everyone's faves on this website have actively worked and fought for chart positions. If you want to talk about a pure measure of quality vs quality, the Grammys are a better place to start. Don't worry Taylor dominates there, too. 

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

But a number 1 is awarded each week, trophy or not. The analogy is consistent. Regardless, these are silly weeds to stay stuck in

:ryan3:

So tell Taylor to get out of them. :suburban:

5 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Nah she only does this with female artists. When Bon Jovi was still ahead of Charli she didn't care, but the moment Charli was the one projected to debut at number one, that nasty, mean-spirited person decided to drop another batch of signed copies because she CANNOT accept another woman being successful. It must be pathological at this point. 

Except she did drop these signed CDs when Bon Jovi was still ahead. These CDs were put up for sale yesterday and in the word of the UK's own Official Charts

Yesterday (June 12), fewer than 150 chart units separated then-leaders Bon Jovi from Charli, who was previously on course to debut at Number 2.

But of course Taylor going against Bon Jovi doesn't quite fit ATRL's narrative. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why do gays care about charts and sales so much? It's not like you're making money off of it. If anything you're losing money by buying the same crap over and over and over again. These are the same gays who scream about the evils of capitalism but couldn't be any more capitalistic if they tried. 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

Is the music in the room with us? Your fav just released a ******* VOICE MEMO

And?! The process of making music is still music. But I guess you can't process that without some oomps oomps beat to your ears.

the "arts not the charts" people awfully caring about the charts right now

:suburban:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Wow, she topped trending topics again, too!

Another one in the basket 

:ryan3:

28 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

What are music charts? Quickly.

They are a ranked list where albums and songs that have more units of consumption are ranked higher. 

"The charts are literally not a competition" are y'all reading what you write? :deadbanana4: 

What are they literally then? 

i already said what they are. a measurement of consumption. not a contest.

no one should be mass-buying multiple copies of an album. it's a skewed and not-at-all realistic measurement of the consumption, epecially because most people buying them dont even own CDs or vinyl players. 

you can scream until youre blue in the face but me and allll the people that have agreed with me in this thread can pretty much all easily say that a billboard chart is not a contest. only swifties think so, because numbers is all that matters to y'all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

Why do gays care about charts and sales so much? It's not like you're making money off of it. If anything you're losing money by buying the same crap over and over and over again. These are the same gays who scream about the evils of capitalism but couldn't be any more capitalistic if they tried. 

because they like to vicariously live through their faves.

• Like 1

ok we get it, she also releases the GarageBand Instrumental Only Drums With Filtered Vocals from Memo Voices Notes In iPhone (Acoustic Version) variants with male artists. she's still a fake ass white corporate feminist, so what now?

1 minute ago, yonsé said:

because they like to vicariously live through their faves.

Oppose to you living vicariously through obsessing nonstop about my fav, and not yours. :coffee2:

this is a greedy behaviour, c'mon :rip:

2 minutes ago, yonsé said:

i already said what they are. a measurement of consumption. not a contest.

no one should be mass-buying multiple copies of an album. it's a skewed and not-at-all realistic measurement of the consumption, epecially because most people buying them dont even own CDs or vinyl players. 

you can scream until youre blue in the face but me and allll the people that have agreed with me in this thread can pretty much all easily say that a billboard chart is not a contest. only swifties think so, because numbers is all that matters to y'all.

Well, I'm glad you and the 10 people in this thread are in solidarity. 

Swifties will have to settle for Billboard and the Official Charts Company agreeing with us. I expect you to hold the line the next time your fave pulls out some stunts! 

2 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

And?! The process of making music is still music. But I guess you can't process that without some oomps oomps beat to your ears.

She's also been doing that for at least 10 years since 1989. But, oh the travesty!

I remember a certain bad dresser releasing entire fast forward and rewinded albums that these same folks were screaming for MORE.

If someone did this to her she would 100% be making a post about it on social media playing the victim and campaigning for the chart rules to be changed. She is greedy, this has to stop

• Thanks 4

Bad week for Taylor. with BRAT receiving huge acclaim, a potential Top 4 on the BB200 and #1 in the UK could bring it into Grammy contention. BRAT probably isn't going to beat TTPD, but you can imagine the response from the music media when TTPD wins over BRAT.

Then she had the news about Matty Healy getting engaged, which was apparently announced at the Charli XCX BRAT concert in NYC.

She must be fuming.

ttpd is better than taht brat album so im rooting for tay :heart:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 17

5 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Well, I'm glad you and the 10 people in this thread are in solidarity. 

Swifties will have to settle for Billboard and the Official Charts Company agreeing with us. I expect you to hold the line the next time your fave pulls out some stunts! 

my fave doesn't have to pull out stunts because her output is actually good. 

note how even though cowboy carter isn't in the top 20 beyonce isn't rushing to release 17 new copies with voice memos....because she (and we) literally could not care less.

call me when ur fave can score a 90+ on metacritic on an album that's not a re-recording doll :gaycat2:

Edited by yonsé

taylor and her charts not the arts legacy

i guess TTPD needs some sort of legacy given the album itself is actually pretty terrible. it's a shame that she has to resort to scamming her fans for these accolades tho.

6 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Oppose to you living vicariously through obsessing nonstop about my fav, and not yours. :coffee2:

yes because making a post in a thread is "obsessing" lmao

please go outside i beg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.