How Britney Created The Best Pop Album In History - Blackout

Lana Banana

Excited to read all this!

• Like 2

I wonder how Blackout would've turned out if Original Doll would've been released.

Btw I think that her cover of Everybody is great! Wish 911 would've made the cut

RE: hot as ice - aw Britney wrote in her book that she has a good memory of this session too and it was the highest her voice ever went

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

RE: hot as ice - aw Britney wrote in her book that she has a good memory of this session too and it was the highest her voice ever went

Break it down

Break it down

Break it down

92605b9df0fed4027a4490e27a058342.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeremiah said:

Break it down

Break it down

Break it down

92605b9df0fed4027a4490e27a058342.jpg

I illegally downloaded it in 2007 and played it on repeat on my tiny mp3 player as it was one of the first leaked demos.

I read the whole thing and you ATE! so well written and it shows how much you cared to gather the most relevant info and interviews from everyone involved, you did that 👏 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Didnt she record some of this while she was pregnant? I feel she was her happiest during these times. She was also probably feeling very creative and wanted to change up her sound. :clap3: I love when artists just experiment with something different especially after 4 or more albums.

I wish Britney had worked with Keri Hilson on more albums. BTI and Gimme are pop perfection.

Can we stop pretending Blackout is her masterpiece? It's so clearly In The Zone and it isn't even close. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm not reading all of this but I agree with everything :gaycatney6:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lana Banana said:

I illegally downloaded it in 2007 and played it on repeat on my tiny mp3 player as it was one of the first leaked demos.

The memories :weeps: The leaked demo pre-Blackout era was such a moment. Exhale would be down for hours after every leak and the girls were fainting left and right.

I'm surprised that Britney herself had access to her website and could upload stuff there if she felt like it. One would think her label had complete control and she was just a pupper as certain girls constantly claim.

1 hour ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Can we stop pretending Blackout is her masterpiece? It's so clearly In The Zone and it isn't even close. 

This thread isn't about In The Zone. 

3 hours ago, Onyxmage said:

Didnt she record some of this while she was pregnant? I feel she was her happiest during these times. She was also probably feeling very creative and wanted to change up her sound. :clap3: I love when artists just experiment with something different especially after 4 or more albums.

The OP literally states that she was heavily pregnant and she didn't stop even after giving birth.

4 hours ago, Lana Banana said:

Omg same. Then she changed it to Hot As Ice for the album.

• Like 1

we need more threads like this!

good work

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Get naked had corte Ellis vocals tho

3 minutes ago, Melancholy said:

Get naked had corte Ellis vocals tho

Corte Ellis is only credited as "Background vocals" and as one of the writers. Ironically, we also have this coming out in 5 hours:

1 minute ago, Lana Banana said:

Corte Ellis is only credited as "Background vocals" and as one of the writers. Ironically, we also have this coming out in 5 hours:

Yes and nowhere in the credits mentioned Danja vocals.

Good read... gimme MORE @Lana Banana

Blackout is just a standout album by not just excellent music but the time, the situation she's releasing it and the whole mystery surrounding it and that made the album was so special. :heart:

A moment and a herstory in the book!!!

Edited by leyaris11

Such a fantastic album :clap3: 

Timeless and outstanding work of art. :WAP:

I know this album is seen as overrated now, on this forum..

but the era experienced helluva hate back then.

The fact that it got dubbed "The Bible Of Pop" by fans, and that is now used for other albums - is an impact on itself

I would've expected it to just be a loved album by music fans as a whole, but artists have come out praising its songs

and even articles got released on its 10th Anniversary, talking about it's influence

then we have some songs going viral so many years after release..

It's truly a great piece of work

the fact that Britney controlled the whole process too

now you have so many artists who are doing the same and its actually praised :cupid:

I AM reading all of this.

Happy for you, not sorry that happened.

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

I AM reading all of this.

Happy for you, not sorry that happened.

Hahaha <3 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.