Rihanna reveals she is starting over and ready to go into the studio for R9

kyliefever2002

6 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

The most shocking reveal is that she's been working on it for years, whatever that means. I fully thought that she never stepped foot inside a studio after 2017 except for the 2 songs she did for Black Panther.

She and her engineer have posted a bunch of pics and vids from the studio in 2018, 2019, 2020, and her stylist said they were having Fenty zoom calls from the studio in 2018 because she was working on everything at once. People in this thread who think she's lying in this interview probably don't know this, either.

Then covid slowed everything down and her album process had pretty much been on pause since 2021 due to her back to back pregnancies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• istan4badgalriri

• Just a Gay on ATRL

• Johnny Jacobs

• Rigalo

I love how shamelessly she's trolling her fans at this point :ahh:

14 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

The bar is in hell then because the only thing I got from this is I'm starting over and a bunch of nothingburger.

Exactly.

I'm curious at what her point/end-goal is here? If she is actually working on music then whatever she puts out won't be able to live up to the incredible hype that's been building for years and if she hasn't actually been working on anything then that means she's been trolling/lying to the public all this time but for what reason? :toofunny2: like girl, just move in silence and when it's ready, it's ready.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

14 hours ago, WeFoundWill said:

This is the first time in a very very very long time she said some real ass sh*t about this album that makes me actually optimistic.

How is that making you optimistic? Shes STARTING the work on it. 

That means no songs are ready. Like wtf. 2026 at the earliest. 

OT: Seriously tho. Jokes aside. She truly doesn't care about her fans. Not in the slightest. And she thinks she's funny. God i want to unstan her so bad. 

• Thanks 1

I believe her. She's going to start working on a new album then miraculously get pregnant and after she will scrap the work and start over. R9 is like a never ending cycle. At this point I don't even care any more, I find it funny. It's kinda legendary if you ask me

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

keep the damn album girl. 

i love the jokes but it's pretty evident she's -for once- being clear about the whole thing. Also it's not like she promised an album this fall, literally said START pointing to camera and that she's NOW ready.

So next year is her debut's 20th anniversarih and january 2026 ANTI's 10th…. come on girl

• Like 2

... it will be 10 years since Anti before we know it. I remember when TTT and Unapolegetic came out I thought we would get Rihanna albums every November :rip:

remember when some of the navy tried to convince themselves that Lift Me Up was good :ahh:  the wait is making people delirious

she can just keep it at this point 

• Thumbs Down 1

Come on *****! I know you still have it in you 

3 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

OT: Seriously tho. Jokes aside. She truly doesn't care about her fans. Not in the slightest. And she thinks she's funny. God i want to unstan her so bad. 

this is a woman that can finalize an album within 3 months from basically nothing.

1 hour ago, WeFoundWill said:

this is a woman that can finalize an album within 3 months from basically nothing.

Def. But she hadn't done that since 2012 ans she was solely a singer & single. Those times have passed. 

lift me up was awful....

20 hours ago, Comedor said:

Didn't she release two flop songs more recently? I can't recall, those were non-events. She's right in scraping the whole thing and starting over. Time to bring Drake and Calvin into the studio. :clap3:

Bitterness about Rihanna in 2024.

her hits a legit and last beyond it's time so I'm hopeful she will serve the goods without Drake or Calvin Harris.

Hopefully without The Dream as well.

I want her to explore more dancehall tropical sounds. Her album tracks with that influence always serves: watch n learn, no love allowed, a crazy little thing called love, etc.

• Like 1

gaslighting the whole navy

8 hours ago, ALA said:

... it will be 10 years since Anti before we know it. I remember when TTT and Unapolegetic came out I thought we would get Rihanna albums every November :rip:

The fans or haters who complained about the yearly albums back then truly got their karma

Her and Sky Ferreira deserve to share 1 prison cell together.

Bad Girls Club Television GIF by Oxygen

12 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

your comprehension skills N/A

& nobody's stopping you from unstanning 😭

She should just re work like 5-6 of those old songs and release them as singles while she works on new material. She'd also pacify me by releasing GGGB:Reloaded and TTT(Deluxe) on vinyl finally.

35 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

your comprehension skills N/A

& nobody's stopping you from unstanning 😭

So is the need for your opinion chile. 

Nene Leakes GIF by Real housewives of Atlanta

it's the way she paused when he said "so starting over?" :skull: she knew she ****** up, anyways girl love your hair and stuff! 

7 hours ago, slw84 said:

Bitterness about Rihanna in 2024.

her hits a legit and last beyond it's time so I'm hopeful she will serve the goods without Drake or Calvin Harris.

Hopefully without The Dream as well.

I want her to explore more dancehall tropical sounds. Her album tracks with that influence always serves: watch n learn, no love allowed, a crazy little thing called love, etc.

I don't even think he was on ANTI?

is this the 3rd time she scrapped the album?

38 minutes ago, thirdward said:

I don't even think he was on ANTI?

He worked on Woo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.