Taylor releases 2 new versions of TTPD

hallucinate

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Acoustic version of FOTS??? SLAY!! :jonny6: An underrated masterpiece!

I love that song but most of the acoustic versions suck tbh. They just do an instrumental swap but reuse the vocals. And a lot the processed vocals sound bad over acoustic.

• Like 2

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Feanor

• Rep2000

• YR.

• NEX

Top Posters In This Topic

She just can't let other women shine :rip:

Over 20 versions and it'll still be less successful than any Morgan album released this decade 

morgan-wallen-laughing-hard-vtjs5ind33ft

The female/male Beatles y'all!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

16 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

Except, she shipped those versions immediately and blocked her because of them. She's not shipping these new versions, she's just saving them up for future weeks where her #1 is threatened.

I don't know that it was against Billie specifically, or just against being #2 for a week. The feud could've been against Billie ir against being #2. Only she knows that.

And that's exactly what happened with Billie too. She stocked up on acoustic versions before Billie's album was even released, just in case she needed them, which she eventually did. 

And now she's doing the exact same, because country music's 2nd biggest artist is releasing his brand new album on Friday and is almost certainly a #1 contender. And if it so happens that he does better than expected, you can almost count on her also dropping new digital only versions.

But just how she doesn't have any feud with Billie, she also has no feud with Luke Combs, whom she has even cheered on very recently. Taylor only wants to stay #1, that's all there is to it.

Edited by Feanor

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

Taylor as a brand outweighs Taylor as an artist to me nowadays

It's honestly really sad. She's one of the most talented pop artists out there, she still got her melodic and lyrical chops intact, and can churn out really good quality music without seemingly hitting a writer's block. But then she willingly chooses to add songs to her albums that should have been very obviously left in the draft and never seen the light of the day. And she does it to reach a certain number of tracks to have better streaming numbers or greater sales or better yet because "31 is 13 backwards!!". TTPD could have been an excellent album with ~10 main songs + 6/7 Anthology songs. That's already quite a long album, but instead she chose to double that length by stuffing it with nonsense like Peters, Robins, Cassandras and Aimies. Imagine if Red or 1989 had double the amount of tracks. She wouldn't be where she is now. Despite its current success, this album will be very damaging to her career long term (especially as a follow up to Midnights) and her weekly sales tricks are only adding to that.

Drake went from releasing quality albums to dropping mindless playlists just to game the charts/get more cash. Slowly fewer and fewer people started tuning in for his newer albums. The same thing will easily happen to Taylor if she's not careful. Diluting your art is never a good idea no matter how successful you may be at any exact moment. 

Edited by NEX
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

36 minutes ago, Headlock said:

I hope she does these for the rest of the year, watching OTHs absolutely fume in these threads about something that has no effect on their lives will never not be hilarious :ryan3:

The way they get so mad when someone isn't bothered by this :bibliahh:"b-b-but why aren't you admitting she's a GROSS PERSON!!11 over a VARIANT??!"

Yet this forum has been sucking ass to every other pop girl that has actually done shitty things, shocking 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Love the idea of releasing acoustic versions, but this method of dripping them all one by one attached to a brand new album just isn't for me.  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Over 20 versions and it'll still be less successful than any Morgan album released this decade 

morgan-wallen-laughing-hard-vtjs5ind33ft

The female/male Beatles y'all!

Morgan Wallen is a racist.

• Thanks 1

are her fans not embarrassed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Me when I can't read context clues and don't possess critical thinking skills

You trying to criticize anyone as "can't read context clues and don't possess critical thinking skills" is highkey embarrassing.

It's obvious that you have chosen to believe your narrative over facts and now double down on that by insulting anyone else who don't agree with you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Luke Combs is a woman now?! :rip:

• Haha 2

Ma'am, enough with the constant new versions. Drop Reputation TV instead.

44 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Which woman is she blocking this week? :)

fans should stop buying and enabling this. i honestly don't blame Taylor because clearly this tactic is working.

• Like 1

Only the McDonald's of Pop. Keep it coming :clap3:

1 hour ago, Walk_Away21 said:

I love that song but most of the acoustic versions suck tbh. They just do an instrumental swap but reuse the vocals. And a lot the processed vocals sound bad over acoustic.

Are you sure you're listening to the official versions? A lot of the ones on YouTube are fake. Guilty As Sin and Down Bad acoustic CDs don't ship out until July. But Daddy I Love Him has new acoustic vocals but there are a lot of fake ones of it too on YouTube.

Edited by Buffy
  • Like 1

She has to afford the meals for the homeless in Edinburgh somehow... She's not gonna do it with her own money

• Haha 1

She is becoming her own Fast & Furious franchise. 

• Haha 2

She knows what she wants and she went for it :clap3::clap3:

22 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Which woman is she blocking this week? :)

Normani almost released but seeing this she postponed it to next year

• Haha 1

She is so cringe.

She's so disgusting :biblio:

Idk what shifted in her with this album

With midnights she was slaying effortlessly and everything felt more organic

It genuinely felt like she was on top of the world

This era is so forced, it has tarnished her image

This album might sell more than Midnights and she's obviously still on top but her image feels so forced and tryhard.

Very bad marketing this era, she used to be better than this.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.