Ella beat the X Factor (UK) curse

Ethereal

How has Ella Henderson managed to break the X Factor female soloist curse and maintain a successful music career beyond her debut album? Ella first released Chapter One in 2014, which included hits like "Ghost" and "Glow." Six years later, she scored another hit with "Let's Go Home Together" featuring Tom Grennan. From 2022 onwards, she achieved four top ten hits with "Crazy What Love Can Do," "React," "0800 Heaven," and "Alibi." Unlike many of her peers (Alexandra Burke & Leona Lewis), Ella has defied the X Factor curse, sustaining a thriving music career for over a decade.

@Bentley

ella-henderson-yours-video-3.jpg

IMG_9515.gif?ex=66677686&is=66662506&hm=

She has the x factor and the other ones stopped trying quicker.

Leona didn't release a single thing since 2015 :rip: i don't think she is in the game anymore 

• Thanks 1

Did she tho? I mean those hits you speak of are all DJ collabs, and judging by the amount of OUT-OUT songs she's had between those songs I don't think their success has anything to do with Ella

I think she is very talented and every song of hers I've heard from Chapter One is fantastic, once again Syco dropped the ball

• Like 2

define "successful" and "thriving"

• Like 1

She gave us this bop. Why did she take a four year break for.

She took the easy route and started releasing throw away dance-house songs. 

• Like 3

just lucky on timing and right moment to scoop each hit and back being faceless radio fodder girl. her last album is decent tho gave her that

• Like 1

She just became a faceless EDM voice that DJs pass around :coffee:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bindi said:

She just became a faceless EDM voice that DJs pass around :coffee:

It's better than not having a career at all.

• Thanks 2

She makes faceless EDM drivel which get played to death on Capital FM and doesn't make any noise outside of the UK

She might have had more longevity than Leona but she'll never have a song as impactful and huge as Bleeding Love s:wan:

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Well, as someone of you above mentioned - it's better to have a career like this, than have no career. But it's sad - because she's vocally talented, and she became faceless EDM background vocalist for random DJs.

5 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

i don't think she is in the game anymore 

she toured at christmas (one more sleep has become an annual hit now) but i don't think she's put anything out for years

Her solo stuff never does well, she only gets hits with DJ collabs (that one Tom Grennan song being the exception).

I liked a few songs off her last album though, at least her label let her put something out, presumably because the DJ feats have done well.

5 hours ago, Topaz said:

Why did she take a four year break for.

She was still signed to Syco up until 2018 and recorded a second album while with them. I imagine they didn't let her release during that time. She did keep some of the songs though (Let's Go Home Together and Ugly)

I love Ella but it is only because she is a rent-a-voice for DJ collabs. It's unfortunate songs on her own without a DJ attached do not do well.

• Thumbs Down 1

She's a faceless feature at this stage.

Ghost is still the standard for XF singles though, phew :clap3:

8 hours ago, Nazareth said:

She took the easy route and started releasing throw away dance-house songs. 

You gotta do what you gotta do! Glad she's been hard at work. Love Alibi :jonny5:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.