Why isn't Piece of Me as iconic as Gimme More?

A Million Lights

Posted (edited)

Well, not everyone can relate to being miss american dream since 17 but everyone can relate to being a s**t :thing:

Edited by Mr. Peanutbutter
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

I honestly feel like Piece of Me was seen as more popular/iconic than Gimme More up until the Tiktok era where GM had a sudden resurgence

GM has always been my favorite Britney song and I remember not liking that PoM felt more remembered

Edited by Aaron
  • Confused 1

POM is the better song...

It didn't have a chance to shine due to Gimme More being that ***** + the controversy outshined the quality at the time.

In today's climate, it's just not as referenced and hasn't had a viral moment yet. But there's still time. Honestly surprised the bathroom choreo hasn't punched TikTok yet :laugh: 

1 hour ago, nostalgic said:

"I'm Mrs. 'Most likely to get on the TV for stripping on the streets' while getting the groceries - no, for real, are you kidding me?" should be as iconic as "It's Britney, *****" :michael: it's a really well written takedown of media culture that deserved to be bigger (those instrumental breakdowns too, chef's kiss).

The lyric is "slipping" though

referring to when she almost tripped while carrying her baby… she never once stripped in public 

GM had a push with S&S having the opening line in it and then it was used on GTA, and I think it also went viral in TT. 

Gimme More is more interesting sonically of the two and catchier, but at the time, Piece of Me was more talked about as it was her response to the paparazzi and the haters.

IDK, it's not as relatable and fun? Like, If I'm going out I wanna hear Gimme More 

1 hour ago, Mr. Peanutbutter said:

Well, not everyone can relate to being miss american dream since 17 but everyone can relate to being a s**t :thing:

I can relate to both (I was also Kesha in Backstabber at 17… the range!) but fair!!

Edited by JoeAg

MOTHAF*CKA IT'S TRUUUUUE! 

yeah I do kinda listen to Pièce de Moi more frequently legg world yass world I didn't take my vyvanse today cause I woke up at 5 pm world :gaycat4:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeAg said:

MOTHAF*CKA IT'S TRUUUUUE! 

yeah I do kinda listen to Pièce de Moi more frequently legg world yass world I didn't take my vyvanse today cause I woke up at 5 pm world :gaycat4:

you are always such a vibe Joe, legendaricc if you ask me 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, shyboi said:

you are always such a vibe Joe, legendaricc if you ask me 

why thank u my dear  :hug:

• Like 1

piece of me is about her life i cant relate to ms spears' life but i like when i get more

21 hours ago, itshyolee said:

Wait WHAT? It's going to be featured on the soundtrack for the game? 

How did I not know this:jonny5:

Ohh no there is no any official info about it lol. I said it cuz gimme more was in Gta 5 :chick1:

28 minutes ago, Companion said:

Ohh no there is no any official info about it lol. I said it cuz gimme more was in Gta 5 :chick1:

Count your days

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.