Sky Ferreira goes on rant, attacks venues & unhappy fans Update: Cancels show

RideOrDie

Posted (edited)

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Now that she no longer has Capitol Records to blame for her lack of professionalism and constant lies, Sky Ferreira goes on a jobless rant accusing venues for her late start times and then accuses unhappy fans of making clickbait tweets to try and get "covered by trashy tabloids". Then she tries to gaslight people by saying she has been doing 2 hour shows, when that has only been the case for a few shows and the rest averaged around 13 to 15 songs (just around an hour). As her last remaining 2 stans wait for Sky to finally release Masochism in 2024, she remains incapable of taking responsibility and showing accountability for any of her actions consisting of decade-long lies and false promises. Surprised?:celestial5:

Update: Sky has now cancelled another show without giving any explanations, I lost count how many shows she either cancelled or postponed within the last 2 years. This show was already postponed from May to June. This happening right after her angry Instagram rant is giving petty & unprofessional, but that's nothing new for her. https://www.instagram.com/p/C7-2OF1NsFf/

Edited by RideOrDie
  • Haha 13

Let's pray this all promo for the album meaning it's finally gonna get released 

the way you have your feet on her neck kills me :deadbanana2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

Sad to see her this way. All the best!

No coke was harmed in the making of these comments

Can't name one song of hers. All I know about her is her reputation for not releasing music and treating fans like ****. Oh, and she has that one album cover being naked in the shower. 

She turned me into the ******* dad from chicken little

f67c59cf-9658-4d86-a835-e6f9cd2ced7e_tex

• Haha 1

Just now, SmittenCake said:

Can't name one song of hers. All I know about her is her reputation for not releasing music and treating fans like ****. Oh, and she has that one album cover being naked in the shower. 

It's a very good album. Sadly, she treats her artistic "legacy" like this.

The real Masochism is stanning this girl in 2024. Somebody always sabotaging her: Halsey, Capitol, now venues :dies: she should be thanking her lucky stars somebody wants to pay to see whatever she does live we all know it ain't singing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i love how messy she is, i might stan let me listen to her discography 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

The real Masochism is stanning this girl in 2024. Somebody always sabotaging her: Halsey, Capitol, now venues :dies: she should be thanking her lucky stars somebody wants to pay to see whatever she does live we all know it ain't singing

what did halsey do :deadbanana2:

A shame what's become of her legacy.

She's lied so many times sorry sis no one is buying this BS. There's too many videos and fan reviews for them all to be "clickbait" :devil: 

My bestie asked if I wanted to go to Sky's show in Portland and I said hell no because she is so unprofessional and inconsiderate of her fans.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I mean, what she says is quite literally true? Venues will open up their doors at times hours ahead so they can ensure concessions are purchased, etc.

She doesn't have an opening act. Sure, drag her for that there isn't one because she likely can't afford to pay someone to open for her, but who thinks a Sky Ferreira show is starting at 7 PM?

These very discussions are had with this same consensus elsewhere, whether PopJustice or other forums. I'm not sure why there's an artificial hate train for her specifically pushed on here. 

Edited by Communion
  • Confused 2

Oh Sky. 10 years on and no second album? Looks like it was her all along. No blaming anyone else. Complaining because you have to perform at SEVEN PM? Bye! 

You know its bad when shes arguing with a freeskyferreira account :hoetenks:

• Haha 2

Is she Nicki's daughter? 

This woman is so far removed from reality and the idea of accountability. It's a shame because the talent is still there. But the talent will be going nowhere new or exciting, just an era of a different time when she actually tried. 

Okay but as a stan, if she's going to share the time doors open and NOT the time she gets on stage, then how are we supposed to know when to show up?  

I waited two hours for her to show up in NYC and the venue was trying to cut her off and close when she still had maybe 5 songs left.  People were audibly annoyed when she showed up and when she was being cut off, but at her and not the venue.

Her voice was honestly rough for the first 30 mins of her performance and she kept stopping to check her own setlist (a printed piece of paper on the floor) and drink from a plastic water bottle between every single song.  

Idk she needs to see more shows herself because she is not professional.  The story is always changing and there are always more excuses for the same damn problems.  "My mic wasn't working" "my band was off" "I'm sick" "my voice is gone" "the venue is trying to end my set bc I started late" like get it tf together, you're a grown woman and it's not excusable anymore. 

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Archetype said:

Okay but as a stan, if she's going to share the time doors open and NOT the time she gets on stage, then how are we supposed to know when to show up?  

I waited two hours for her to show up in NYC and the venue was trying to cut her off and close when she still had maybe 5 songs left.  People were audibly annoyed when she showed up and when she was being cut off, but at her and not the venue.

Her voice was honestly rough for the first 30 mins of her performance and she kept stopping to check her own setlist (a printed piece of paper on the floor) and drink from a plastic water bottle between every single song.  

Idk she needs to see more shows herself because she is not professional.  The story is always changing and there are always more excuses for the same damn problems.  "My mic wasn't working" "my band was off" "I'm sick" "my voice is gone" "the venue is trying to end my set bc I started late" like get it tf together, you're a grown woman and it's not excusable anymore. 

Thank you for sharing your story as a stan. It will help users like @Communion.

Her subreddit seems to have also used my thread for an interesting discussion. Lots of actual fan anecdotes: 

Edited by RideOrDie
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Sky has now cancelled another show without giving any explanations, I lost count how many shows she either cancelled or postponed within the last 2 years. This show was already postponed from May to June. This happening right after her angry Instagram rant is giving petty & unprofessional, but that's nothing new for her. No one in the comments are happy. Thoughts? @Communion

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7-2OF1NsFf/

Edited by RideOrDie
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

Sky has now cancelled another show without giving any explanations, I lost count how many shows she either cancelled or postponed within the last 2 years. This show was already postponed from May to June. This happening right after her angry Instagram rant is giving petty & unprofessional, but that's nothing new for her. No one in the comments are happy. Thoughts? @Communion

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7-2OF1NsFf/

I guess the venue didn't have enough power 

Feel bad for my fellow fans tho.  Masochism has been a mostly one-sided experience (on us) over these past ten years.

Edited by Archetype
  • Like 1

Love how the whole Masochism era is about being masochistic by following/stanning her instead of the actual music, a true visionary, a concept

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

I'm a huge Sky's fan and a supporter since 2013 but I think she needs to drop Masochism or whatever her new project is called and then quit music. This industry is not made for her.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.