10 Years of Foxes' Glorious Album

halcyonday

Glorious_by_Foxes.pngab67616d0000b273ae5c7d20a58c6071b4571eff

10 years ago on May 9th 2014 Foxes released her debut album Glorious. The indie-pop/synth-pop album spawned multiple UK hits including Youth, Let It Go For Tonight, and Holding Onto Heaven. It also peaked inside the top 5 on the album chart and was an overall indie success for the young star. Foxes became a pop darling and showed signs of a promising career, especially following the success of the Zedd track, Clarity, a global smash hit that won them a Grammy award. Foxes was noticed by pop stars like Katy Perry, Pharrell, and Marina & the Diamonds. In the following years she also worked on tracks with the legendary Giorgio Moroder, and popular acts like Bastille, and Kygo. 

Let's remember this colorful, fun, and creative era of Glorious

Ni04MzIwLmpwZWc.jpeg Let_Go_for_Tonight_by_Foxes.png

Foxes_-_Holding_onto_Heaven.pngFoxes_-_Glorious_(single_art).png

Foxes was known for her cute personality, indie fashion sense, and creating visual worlds with her art.

Her first music videos already showed signs of creativity and playfulness - the tracks like Home, Echo, and White Coats were included on the debut album.

The album also includes an acoustic version of her global SMASHA, Clarity with Zedd, a Grammy winning song for Best Dance Recording.

Foxes live performances were always full of energy and great vibes. She showed that her vocals are no joke and came through numerous times.

Happy (late) 10 Years Anniversary to this iconic indie-pop album! :heart2: 

• Like 4

this forgotten classic deserves sm more recognition. Title track, Count the Saints, White Coats all 10s :clap3:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SUCH a great album. Probably in my top 10 all-time favourites :WAP:

It's the perfect balance between catchy hooks and dreamy vocals :heart:

White Coats and the title track are all-time favourites, too. The build-up in the latter is so good :clap3:

Wish I got the chance to hear it all live sometime :monkey:

• Thanks 1

I remember hitting play for the first time and being absolutely blown away by Talking to Ghosts :jonny: one of my all time favorite songs to this day

The entire album is filled with excellence though. White Coats, Count the Saints, Home(!!!!) :jonny:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Count the saints was my SOTY :alexz: 

• Thanks 1

One of the best pop albums from 2014. Talking to Ghosts is THAT song :falcon:

• Thanks 1

You forgot to mention the nightmare of the constant album date pushbacks, kind of iconic in retrospect.

Great album though :clap3: A bit of a 2014 summer classic alongside some other of my favorite not main pop girls. Unpopular opinion though, but it's probably my least fave of her albums :mandown:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ewan Chaos said:

You forgot to mention the nightmare of the constant album date pushbacks, kind of iconic in retrospect.

Great album though :clap3: A bit of a 2014 summer classic alongside some other of my favorite not main pop girls. Unpopular opinion though, but it's probably my least fave of her albums :mandown:

miss thang... All I Need is easily her weakest project even though still a bop :mandown:

Youth is the best song of all time, queen mother Foxes always delivers :clap3:

This deserved Badlands/Crybaby levels of success globally.

• Thanks 1

revisiting this album right now and wow... she created something timeless  :jonny5:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.