Katy Perry hosts listening party: details, insights and expectations

sam.teas

2 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

I really hope it debuts in the top 30, way better than Daisies!

the bar is in hell

R8pcsRu.gif

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• edutada

• chriswouldman

• Kayzan

• Nuggets

2 minutes ago, Private Show said:

the bar is in hell

R8pcsRu.gif

It is, Private Show user

2 hours ago, Nuggets said:

Idk, I find it kinda cute nnn

yeah but the only connection is the number of letters in each of the words in the phrase "I Love You". 143 could just as easily stand for "I Hate You", or, "I Love God", or "A Cold Day" etc. like it's not special. It's not unique. It's not something that could only mean "I Love You". It's really not that clever or cute or anything of the sort but it's simple and dumb enough for Katy to digest and I just know she was so mind-blown and fascinated by it when she first heard of it, poor thing. She's always been a few cards short of a full deck. :toofunny3:

2 hours ago, JoohWayne said:

143 always meant "I love you" it was never about the numbers or dates, the katycats created this invention. Katy never linked it to a specific day.

She literally did when she debuted the new website and social media aesthetic at 1:43AM PST, and made the Instagram broadcast on the 143rd day of the year, but okay.

• Haha 2

good god, scrolling through this thread trying to find any actual info or speculation and instead just going through pages and pages of bitching and moaning :deadbanana4:

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Aurora said:

yeah but the only connection is the number of letters in each of the words in the phrase "I Love You". 143 could just as easily stand for "I Hate You", or, "I Love God", or "A Cold Day" etc. like it's not special. It's not unique. It's not something that could only mean "I Love You". It's really not that clever or cute or anything of the sort but it's simple and dumb enough for Katy to digest and I just know she was so mind-blown and fascinated by it when she first heard of it, poor thing. She's always been a few cards short of a full deck. :toofunny3:

She literally did when she debuted the new website and social media aesthetic at 1:43AM PST, and made the Instagram broadcast on the 143rd day of the year, but okay.

I agree that she did it that day, but it also seemed like more pressure from fans than something thought out, so far we have nothing and whenever an artist changes social media it is to start something new and it's already been 3 weeks...

the fact that this member is more eager for everything and also knowing whether or not Katy will be dragged into begging her fav to work with the doctor too

spacer.png

The way everyone is in the trenches here 

spacer.png

Katheryn biitch at least say something it's not funny anymore 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Bring back Dr. Luke!

Is she waiting for the hype around the album to die down. What's she doing :gaycat5:

At this point I don't believe any of yall called insiders everyone says a different thing and some people here fighting over things yall supposedly know but the rest of us don't like it's so funny when Katy announces in 2030 we will see who was right (it would be lovely for everyone to be wrong):coffee2:

• Haha 1

this thread is classic main pop girl era ATRL madness, I'm happy to finally be a part of this site :chick1:

We underestimate these tricksters aka "insiders". Now everyone makes different predictions, and when one of them turns out to be correct, that insider becomes a "truth teller"

okayyy but kursatperry knows something for sure... they talk to Katy, cm'on, how can they lie without loosing their face?

Not that I trust any of the info leaked (besides the Doechii rumor), I'd love to see JID and 21 Savage on the album. I just hope it's natural sounding and not forced… I loved Migos on Bon Appetit but Katy really though they were saying "oh ****" when it was offset yelling his signature :rip:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WonkieEye said:

Not that I trust any of the info leaked (besides the Doechii rumor), I'd love to see JID and 21 Savage on the album. I just hope it's natural sounding and not forced… I loved Migos on Bon Appetit but Katy really though they were saying "oh ****" when it was offset yelling his signature :rip:

how can she collab with JID without not being forced? :lakitu: I do not think she decided herself to do a song with him lol who tf is he?

18 minutes ago, justlore said:

okayyy but kursatperry knows something for sure... they talk to Katy, cm'on, how can they lie without loosing their face?

Is he the one that leaves her on read sometimes? :deadbanana2:

22 minutes ago, justlore said:

how can she collab with JID without not being forced? :lakitu: I do not think she decided herself to do a song with him lol who tf is he?

Well he isn't with Capitol and had a handful of hits, especially around the time between Smile and now which def could've caught ***'s attention. 

She's teasing a collab with Sky that's why its taking so long :gaycat4:

One thing I hope she (or the producers she's worked with) did with this album is put more into the studio vocals. Comparing the studio vocals of songs like E.T., Save as Draft, Witness, Power, NTEOTW, Bon Appetit and so many more honestly to how she delivers them live makes the recordings sound so lifeless. I blame the producers tbh but I want some character from the tracks on kp6. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justlore said:

She's just farming followers

:suburban:

7 hours ago, Private Show said:

not you going thru my posts lsksksksm

shes not my fave sis

i'd call mussolini a queen if the other side is nicki minaj 

R8pcsRu.gif

already running away from your faves 

What a Mess 

R8pcsRu.gif

It feels like she's wasting hype. Everyone thought she was announcing something then she just… doesn't. Gonna be not who cried wolf at some point and people aren't going to care when she does 

so what do we think about today? announcement or circus? :gaycat2:

7 hours ago, PaloSanto said:

good god, scrolling through this thread trying to find any actual info or speculation and instead just going through pages and pages of bitching and moaning :deadbanana4:

It's such a classic ATRL thread. Overdramatic (but iconic!) title and pages filled with people not making any sense :bibliahh: 

25 minutes ago, Gaia said:

It feels like she's wasting hype. Everyone thought she was announcing something then she just… doesn't. Gonna be not who cried wolf at some point and people aren't going to care when she does 

Tbf, it's not like she herself teased any potential announcements since the logo of the new era was revealed. The majority of people just know she has an album due to come out in the summer. The only ones losing their mind are the fans. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.