• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• edutada

• chriswouldman

• Kayzan

• Nuggets

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, JoohWayne said:

The streets are saying that Gaga will announce it on the 18th and launch it on the 21st, so Katy would have to launch it on the 14th 

At this point, I'd say f**k it. Release it along with the Gaga single and capitalize on people wanting competition. :chick1:

Edited by Nuggets
  • Haha 1

i can see her having a big era. she should headline the next coachella

I just want new music. Don't care about atrl wars :rip: 

• Like 8

Very honestly speaking, where do you think it'll debut on Hot 100? 

Personally, I'd be happy with a position in the 40s, similar to Daisies. There's definitely some hype around her comeback so I'm expecting the people tune in at least once. But I don't see it outdoing Daisies, cause Daisies did get a small boost from the American Idol finale performance on iTunes that helped with the final placement.

• Like 1

I can't imagine a number without knowing if there will be some kind of decent publicity. So far I can't think of anything positive like a top 20. 

Why are you all worried about Gaga? :rip:

1 minute ago, peacok said:

I think it stems from the fact that her team might get cold feet and delay the lead once more. 

7 minutes ago, peacok said:

For me, it doesn't make sense for both of them to come back together considering everything that happened in 2013, why would they want to relive all that drama? Especially for Katy who isn't trending nowadays.

what's with all the delays??? if they're really certain of the material and the promo they'll give it why should they worry about anything else? 

unless they want everything to be about katy and they don't want any other distractions.

but still the delays are giving insecurity and uncertainty and it's kinda worrying. 

26 minutes ago, PopLover1423 said:

Personally, I'd be happy with a position in the 40s, similar to Daisies. There's definitely some hype around her comeback so I'm expecting the people tune in at least once. But I don't see it outdoing Daisies, cause Daisies did get a small boost from the American Idol finale performance on iTunes that helped with the final placement.

Plus, Daisies got vinyls for first week.

26 minutes ago, PopLover1423 said:

really depends on the song, more than usually. i can see it hitting top 10 if it's an instant smash cause there's definitely room for a big pop star moment. at the same time, it could tank into oblivion if the song is tacky and not cutting it.

35 minutes ago, Itz_Dani! said:

GagaDaily is where I saw the pics and the supposed tracklist but the thread got hidden/deleted after a few hours so it's not visible no more, at least nit to nonmembers 

Same, I got some screenshots from that forum.

Just now, AlleeX said:

really depends on the song, more than usually. i can see it hitting top 10 if it's an instant smash cause there's definitely room for a big pop star moment. at the same time, it could tank into oblivion if the song is tacky and not cutting it.

That's the case. It's Woman's World. She's gonna sing about feminism and get dragged left and right

pxYolR2.gif

Unfortunately, if it's a full on dance/house album like it's been hinted & rumored at, chances of a smash hit are slim. It's one of my favorite genres, but it's not what's "in" right now. Some exceptions include "yes and?", but even that fell off quickly after 1 or 2 weeks, and the Renaissance singles, but it's Beyoncé so of course. 

1 minute ago, Kayzan said:

That's the case. It's Woman's World. She's gonna sing about feminism and get dragged left and right

pxYolR2.gif

oh dear god. well, god is a woman was extremely tacky tbh but the song was incredible so it worked. i also think no chain to the rhythm backlash would've happened if she hadn't had those terrible descriptions of it and the whole purposeful pop going into bon appetit lol.

also, my unpopular opinion is that she flopped so hard that if you would interview an average american what's her last single they'd think she hasn't released nothing for 7,8 years. so it's not like she has do defeat the hate train, she has to re-appear the same in the eyes of the audience, and with a good song, everyone will be on board. and i have a feeling that can happen

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm honestly so tired right now

She should just release the goddam song

Edited by Coldpurry
  • Thanks 1

Its coming June 21 & it's a feature with Morgan Wallen

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, PopLover1423 said:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AlleeX said:

oh dear god. well, god is a woman was extremely tacky tbh but the song was incredible so it worked. i also think no chain to the rhythm backlash would've happened if she hadn't had those terrible descriptions of it and the whole purposeful pop going into bon appetit lol.

also, my unpopular opinion is that she flopped so hard that if you would interview an average american what's her last single they'd think she hasn't released nothing for 7,8 years. so it's not like she has do defeat the hate train, she has to re-appear the same in the eyes of the audience, and with a good song, everyone will be on board. and i have a feeling that can happen

I was gonna say I feel like Feels was pretty big maybe people would say the Calvin Harris song and the remembered that was 7 years ago 

1 hour ago, PopLover1423 said:

If the song is good I think with the hype around her it could debut top 10-15

She used to get 4 million daily streams in 2020 (on a good day). TikTok has helped her increase her streaming numbers and does more than double of that nowadays. I believe that with good playlisting (let's remember Daisies was placed at #13 on TTH, wtf) and radio, the lead could do well.

10 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

I was gonna say I feel like Feels was pretty big maybe people would say the Calvin Harris song and the remembered that was 7 years ago 

haha but I feel like people would literally say Roar/Dark Horse like outside of the stan bubble. Everything else has been forgotten, especially comparing to how big these songs were. Harleys in Hawaii was a tiktok hit but I bet a ton of people don't know it's Katy.

• Like 1

Just now, AlleeX said:

haha but I feel like people would literally say Roar/Dark Horse like outside of the stan bubble. Everything else has been forgotten, especially comparing to how big these songs were. Harleys in Hawaii was a tiktok hit but I bet a ton of people don't know it's Katy.

Tea :chick3: She really deserves a new solid hit, it's unfortunate HIH and NRO didn't become ones. 

I think that's a good point, in the eyes of GP, Witness singles didn't resonate with them, it doesn't say anything about Katy Perry. If Katy manages to get a good first week and some radio, the GP can actually take it to #1 after that. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.