Selena Gomez' Stars Dance | Appreciation thread

goverm3nth0ker

Posted (edited)

Selena's properly debut album 'Stars Dance' reached number one on Billboard 200 and put her in the spotlight with the smash hit 'Come & Get it'. But it had mixed reviews from critics that stated her lack of effort and her notably autotune use...although her current streams are pretty low, the album aged kinda well and became an EDM perfection. Do you agree?

and some tunes like 'Write Your Name' 'Love Will Remember' 'Undercover' 'Birthday'...and the leaked 'Sad Serenade' that i think should've been on the standard version of the album. All of them had third single material.

and the PERFORMANCES? she used to DANCE

Do you think she can get some of this energy back?

Edited by goverm3nth0ker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Sad Serenade should have replaced Like a Champion

• Like 5

Miss the energy she used to give

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

HER BEST ALBUM (Revelación best project). Full of bops , choreography, LOOKS (She should've continued with the red lipstick), EVERYTHING. HER CONFIDENCE.

She was really the queen. Revivalena was more fashionable but this Selena had everything and she did this sooo rightly because this was a good move to become a main pop girl. Without Stars Dance , Revival era fame wouldn't have existed.  It was the first time the world saw Selena as a true popstar.

Sadly, since her lupus got really bad (she kept it as a secret in 2013), she had to go to chemotherapy and canceled the tour. We would've gotten Undercover and Save The Day  as singles.  Nobody Does It Like You is a really hidden gem.

I wish Hollywood Records would've let her release more songs that she cowrote, most of them got scrapped (and they are really good!)

Sad Serenade was robbed. Undercover music video needs to leak!.  And Stars Dance should've been the album opener.  

ICONIC

selena-gomez-sing.gif19e0976a5638e13f7925f745a506632bf731a60e58f8cb637106dcff7d9bab0083b40241.gifSelena-Gomez-Dancing-During-a-Performanctumblr_inline_ms5thfll8b1qz4rgp.gifselena-gomez-mcdonalds.gif?w=500&h=563&c6ccb5d28ffc974b158ba24c3218101300b2b5da1

She was kinda back for Look At Her Now - Baila Conmigo and Ice Cream. Hope we see her on SG3

Edited by ShadeIena
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Banger after banger after banger. I don't care how much more quality the technicalities of her albums had following this, this was her best album and easily the most consumable for me!! This was one of my go-to albums when I worked double shifts loading trucks / picking orders at a warehouse job I had. So I associate it very closely with that.

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Banger after banger after banger. I don't care how much more quality the technicalities of her albums had following this, this was her best album and easily the most consumable for me!! This was one of my go-to albums when I worked double shifts loading trucks / picking orders at a warehouse job I had. So I associate it very closely with that.

Stars Dance + Revelación are on my workout playlist

This album is honestly a gem star dance the song is a killer tbh. 

• Like 1

still her best tbh

Throwback 

• Like 2

I remember going to the store and buying the CD during the week it came out and I was obsessed!

This album definitely had some bops! Love Will Remember still has a special place in my heart. 

Stars Dance and Revival were such great eras for her.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

Throwback 

Selena loved Britney DOWN! I heard they weren't on good terms though so it's sad.

10 minutes ago, Josh said:

Throwback 

Back when she was considered britney's daughter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, goverm3nth0ker said:

Back when she was considered britney's daughter

Selena was truly that girl in the Stars Dance era. 

Omg the memories from this era!

I still think stars dance would be a great single. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, #SG2 said:

Omg the memories from this era!

I still think stars dance would be a great single. 

That song is super complex and ethereal. Even Hailey was stanning 

• Haha 2

Btw OP why did Hollywood Records remove the Cataracs tag in Slow Down for the MV but its on the album ver?

ugh such an amazing pop album

her discography is ummaculate 

Posted (edited)

If you delete Like a Champion and Birthday  and add deluxe tracks its a good album.

Minor changes in track listing would also help

Edited by mike_int

You included Birthday in the OP but not the title track????

:suburban:

She should put in jail for not making Undercover and Nobody Does It Like You singles:rogue:

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Btw OP why did Hollywood Records remove the Cataracs tag in Slow Down for the MV but its on the album ver?

Because why did the add it in the first place:suburban:

The era has the perfect lead single, Come & Get, It was a bop it has the perfect visual and she was everywhere performing. I miss her energy in 2013 she really did everything not only music releated.

SD is not my favorite album but it has some few bops like Slow Down, Like A Champion and Forget Forever. I really like Love Will Remeber too, a robbed single.

• Like 1

Write Your Name, Uncover, Love Will Remember >>>>

and I still remember the day I listened to Sad Serenade

this is flawless too

My absolute favorite selena gomez album :heart2:

i love this album and i have great memories of this era. i even went to the stars dance tour :bird: title track and write your name are probably my favorites. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.