The-Dream accused of rape and sexual assault

Braz

People already mentioning Beyonce's name.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

:rip:

The power she has over some of you.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trent W

• cat1867

• KatyPrismSpirit

• AvadaKedavra

Hasn't The Dream worked with other artists too?

Why is Beyonce only being mentioned?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chris said:

People already mentioning Beyonce's name.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

The power she has over some of you.

Literally the first comment. :dies:

1 minute ago, Apolonio said:

Literally the first comment. :dies:

First, the Miley Cyrus writing credits and now this.

:dies:

What next? Rihanna's new hair line?

4 hours ago, Misguided Ghost said:

I hope each and every one of those rats will be exposed and convicted. Absolutely horrible... 

The audacity of Jay Z to throw a tantrum so his wife and her rapist songwriter/producer  would win AOTY 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Pop Fan said:

I'm not surprised at all. I hope he gets a fair punishment.

Well:..at least we can all agree that Cowboy Carter isn't winning AOTY and finally put this Beyonce AOTY forced narrative to rest. Beyonce will get her usual AOTY nomination and that's it. This will become her 6th AOTY loss and she'll officially become the biggest AOTY loser in Grammy history. This is also quite an achievement in itself. She should finally stop feeling entitled to winning AOTY. There is a reason why she's fails again and again and again. 

I feel bad for The Carters tho. Jay Z and his narcissistic tantrum really showed how despereate they are to get it. She will probably be the most nominated artist again and will be seated in the front row just to stay in her seat forced to watch Billie or another young artist accepting the coveted AOTY Grammy. 

Beyonce is bigger than the Grammy itself. She doesnt need it :giraffe:
Theyre something similar to a beauty contest for white artists and thats it. Black-Latino and Asian artists dont belong there.  

Just look how Shakira released some amazing songs in her creative peak and she was always snubbed-downplayed to the "Latin grammys". 
Not a real chance in the Main Anglo Categories. 

I honestly lost all my respect for them once they awarded Ed sheeran with shape of you instead of Kesha with Praying :gaycat2: 
That was the moment i realized the grammys suck.  Miley knows about it :gaycat4:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Chris said:

Hasn't The Dream worked with other artists too?

Why is Beyonce only being mentioned?

Because her team is desperately trying to make "Cowboy Carter; the AOTY winner" happen. It's the same thing as Gretchen Wieners trying to make "Fetch" happen. 

But yeah, this mess is the final nail in her coffin. This **** is gonna get uglier than her husband. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

14 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Beyonce is bigger than the Grammy itself. She doesnt need it :giraffe:
Theyre something similar to a beauty contest for white artists and thats it. Black-Latino and Asian artists dont belong there.  

Just look how Shakira released some amazing songs in her creative peak and she was always snubbed-downplayed to the "Latin grammys". 
Not a real chance in the Main Anglo Categories. 

I honestly lost all my respect for them once they awarded Ed sheeran with shape of you instead of Kesha with Praying :gaycat2: 
That was the moment i realized the grammys suck.  Miley knows about it :gaycat4:

Well...You should tell that to her husband and to her father. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvadaKedavra said:

I honestly feel like Some artists just dont know..........
But once the truth comes out and if the artist keep workin with the problematic people. Thats a big red flag :gaycat3:  Like iggy azalea knowin all the Tory Lanez stuff and still workin with him.....Lizzo praising chris brown

I have some ex-classmates and -ex-friends who turned to be very very problematic and they had this facade of "goodness" "angels" for a long time
We only knew once everything happened-s**t went down. Some people are really good hiding their demons and wrongdoings :giraffe: 

185528128_1245195392579138_5349969843798716514_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=XrLROczltBYQ7kNvgGMp158&_nc_ht=scontent.fbog8-1.fna&oh=00_AYB0q2SeTm-1Z4Nxyk9ySloIT_VbCpjIjPZ2blp6kVnfRg&oe=666593C4

There's some artists that don't know, but I just have a hard time believing that most of them aren't aware about shady people. Before anything hits the media, or becomes public knowledges, it has been industry open "secrets" for years

This most likely not the first woman he has done this to and he probably didn't start doing that yesterday

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Brikenbur said:

Just like with Max Martin allegations, etc. it doesn't effect the artists they work with. I mean, isn't Jake Antonoff an alleged c*ke wh*re and abuser? idk idk s:wan:

Wait, I was not aware that Max Martin had allegations. I knew about the Kesha situation with Dr. Luke and how Max was complicit to it (According to Kesha's Mom) , but I thought he was very unproblematic in general. :gaycat4:

As for Jack Antonoff, I'm not surprised. He defended Matty Healy's racism, and he was misogynistic towards Gaga and Katy Perry.  Hes some sort of pretentious rotten apple  :giraffe:

Spill the tea sis.

Edited by AvadaKedavra

That's Beyonce's main collaborator, that woman has a lot of skeletons in her closet.  

• Like 3

I believe he also briefly worked with Mariah circa 2010. And now being an alleged sexual harasser is another thing they have in common.  :coffee:

3 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

That's Beyonce's main collaborator, that woman has a lot of skeletons in her closet.  

This isn't her skeleton :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He got angry when he discovered that Ms. Mangroe was taking birth control pills and demanded that she throw them away. According to Dream, it was a sign of disrespect to try to prevent a pregnancy by him. Ms. Mangroe, who had no desire to be pregnant at that time, began hiding her birth control pills under her mattress.

Not surprisingly, Ms. Mangroe had a pregnancy scare shortly after she arrived to live in Atlanta. Dream sent Garland to buy a pregnancy test and when it came back negative, Ms. Mangroe let Dream know via text. He immediately called Ms. Mangroe and screamed at her for almost an hour because he said it was an insult to him that she was happy that she was not pregnant. 

She regularly had to send him text messages expressing how grateful and thankful she was for him in order to avoid being screamed at for being a brat. She was also expected to regularly buy him flowers to express her gratitude.

full lawsuit:

https://www.scribd.com/document/739266025/Mangroe-v-Gesteelde-Diamant-Complaint

Super disappointing, his music (stuff he made, not necessarily his own material) was literally what got me into this medium. Disgusting 

All of the Beyonce posts omg yall are actually DERANGED :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

Nash was arrested in June 2013 in Newport Beach, California, for an alleged domestic violence incident, but his girlfriend Lydia Nam declined to press charges.[61]

Nash was arrested on May 7, 2014, on charges of felony assault and strangulation, reckless endangerment and child endangerment against his then-pregnant girlfriend Lydia Nam for his alleged actions on April 4, 2013, while they were staying at the Plaza Hotel in New York.[61][62][63] The charges were dismissed at a brief appearance in Manhattan Criminal Court.[64]

On June 4, 2024, Nash was accused of rape, sexual battery, and sex trafficking by his former protégée, Chanaaz Mangroe, through a lawsuit filed in the United States District Court for the Central District of California.[65] Nash denied her accusations in a statement to The New York Times, describing them as "untrue and defamatory."[66]

Not just a one off accusation and this is just the stuff that has enough reliable references so that they can put it in Wikipedia. Hope there can be some sort of justice for the latest victim.

It seems a bit unfair that people are mentioning Beyonce, but we had the same discussion about artists who worked with Dr. Luke. Some of those artists were in contracts and had little or no choice. Dr. Luke was nominated for AOTY for Planet Her a couple of years ago.

Doja Cat ending up winning a Grammy for "Kiss Me More", in a category where the Grammy is not presented to the songwriter or producer.

On Cowboy Carter, there appears to be 5 out of 27 tracks with "The-Dream" listed as producer, and he is co-writer on 10 out of 27 tracks as "Terius Gesteelde-Diamant". Being songwriter for more than 20% of the tracks means AOTY nomination for him if nominated, and he'll get an AOTY if the album wins.

People say she wasn't going to win AOTY anyway, but this might be the final nail in the coffin.

• Like 1

Bey has nothing to do with his problematic behavior but this surely will affect CC Grammy chance

Can we not bring stan bickering into r*pe and assault cases please

• Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 4:35 PM, LVP said:

And that's Beyoncés fault?

btw why Rihanna is not mentioned as often as Beyoncé here?

ATRL doesn't care about makeup people, only pop stars

People still mentioning Beyonce.

The way a woman is detailing very serious battery & abuse she suffered by a producer... and y'all bringing up Cowboy Carter Grammy chances?? :confused:

If this is true, this is really really sad as a fan of The-Dream. He was one of my favorite artists growing up & really molded my music taste & ear for production. These people in the industry have BEEN weird. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2024 at 5:54 PM, LegaMyth said:

Beyonce has built a career championing women, but here she is, yet again surrounded by another monster that abuses women. 

Kanye = Monster

Diddy = Monster

LA Reid = Monster

The Dream = Monster

You do not care about the victims, you care about dragging an artist you don't like.

Congratulations your brain is rotten. :clap3:

• Like 1

All this Metoo stuff is just gossip fodder to some people. People expose their trauma people just use it for kicks and laughs and conspiracy. Pathetic culture we're in. 

• 2 months later...

The-Dream has filed a motion to dismiss and strike significant portions of a sexual assault lawsuit that Chanaaz Mangroe filed against him in early June.

The filing states that Mangroe and her counsel "are using the judicial system to propagate a false and defamatory narrative about Diamant, a highly-respected Black musician in the arts industry, for their own financial gain and to his extreme detriment—and to the destruction of everything he has ever done as a musician and as a Black figure that the current and new art generations look up to."

Legal representatives for The-Dream are asking for numerous amendments to Mangroe's complaint. His legal team seeks to strike the rape claim, as it's not a separate civil cause of action under California law, as well as 300 paragraphs that are "irrelevant" or "intentionally out-of-context."

They also argue that Mangroe's sex trafficking claims do not allege required elements including a "commercial sex act," and want his label Contra Paris, LLC removed from the suit as its operations are in Delaware and therefore lack personal jurisdiction in California.

"The Complaint is a textbook example of a 'shotgun pleading' and must be dismissed in its entirety for failing to attribute specific factual allegations to each defendant," said The-Dream's attorney.

The filing accuses Mangroe's counsel of manipulating the press and the legal system to force a settlement and insists that The-Dream has a long history of advocating for women and women's causes. It also states that there was never non-consensual sex or abuse between them, denying Mangroe's claims and asserting that Mangroe was the one who initiated a sexual relationship. After it mutually ended, Mangroe reportedly continued to pursue him.

Edited by Nefertiti0

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.