JoJo to release memoir this fall, “Over the Influence”

Ryan

• ATRL Administrator

51PJa0RdH9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A breathtakingly candid memoir by Joanna "JoJo" Levesque, the chart-topping, multi-platinum recording artist behind hits like "Leave (Get Out)," "Too Little, Too Late", and the Grammy Award-winning "Say So"

Signed to a major recording deal at just 12 years old, JoJo catapulted to the top of the pop-and-R&B-infused charts in the mid 2000's.

The relatability of her youth and the appeal of her cool-girl mystique earned her millions of fans around the world. JoJo was an undeniable superstar and pop culture fixture, spanning roles in major studio films, omnipresence on Top 40 radio, frequenting magazine covers, and appearing on national TV. Then, out of the blue, everything came to a halt and JoJo seemingly stepped out of the spotlight, leaving many fans to wonder: What happened to JoJo?

In OVER THE INFLUENCE, JoJo holds nothing back as she brings her against-the-odds story of adversity and triumph to center stage. From being raised by parents who were both battling addiction and depression, to emerging victorious in a never-ending lawsuit with her record label, to putting the fragmented pieces of herself together after a maddening period of rebellion and self-betrayal, she takes the reader through the turbulent years that led her to where she is now: releasing new music under her own imprint, performing in shows and festivals around the world, headlining a Broadway show, and beyond.

In this raw, behind-the-scenes look at her life, both personal and professional, JoJo's unflinching vulnerability allows readers to connect with her on a whole new level through stories of success, heartbreak, redemption, and resilience.

More than a victory lap from an artist with over two decades in an ever-changing entertainment industry,

OVER THE INFLUENCE is an unapologetic rallying cry to anyone who's ever been terrified to fail and still said, "Count me in."

pre-order on Amazon

• Like 7

That's my girl👏 

I remember being a teenager having to support her mixtapes while her trash ass label was screwing her over. I even went to her shows and concerts. Glad she rebounded and is making the music she wants 

• Like 2

so this is what she's been up to. can't believe she kept a secret for so long

Not me running in here expecting the Karma songstress :rip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So excited for this! She's been so ambitious the last few years and I love it. 

Yes! Can't wait to read:jonny5:

• Like 1

Only memoir ill ever buy

• Like 3

She's been talking about this since last spring, so it's really great to see it come to fruition! I wonder how/if this will coincide with the new album. 

• Like 1

I hope there's a chapter about her masters. A pioneering Queen. :clap3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bhabylon said:

Not me running in here expecting the Karma songstress :rip:

Same :deadvision:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Love her. I know she has a lot to say so I will definitely be reading. 

Posted (edited)

came for jojo siwa :noparty:

Edited by Luckitty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

pre-ordered with the quickness 

Can't wait for this! 

The stories she must have! I hope she releases an album with unreleased cuts like Mariah did with her album as well as a new album in the mix! Let's get this memoir to number 1!!! 

• Like 4

oh this is gonna have TEA! can't wait

Hope there'll be an audio book

1 hour ago, superchaz said:

The stories she must have! I hope she releases an album with unreleased cuts like Mariah did with her album as well as a new album in the mix! Let's get this memoir to number 1!!! 

That would be my dream!! I feel like she lost all rights to her unreleased catalogue during the lawsuit but would love if she one day re-recorded the massive unreleased cuts.

i cannot wait for this, I really hope this gives her the viral moment she's been so deserving off. Hopefully, a proper promotional tour to push the book and then new era straight after.

i know she's probably come to terms she'll never see the commercial success she received earlier on but I'd just love to see her at least get a moderate hit and back on the festival circuit. 

Posted (edited)

All the Gen Z's that only came in here because they were expecting JoJo Siwa :toofunny2: BYE. 

Joanna Noelle Levesque is the only 'JoJo' I acknowledge :celestial5:

Edited by Soda Pop Queen
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Sounds good 

yes Joanna, yes preorder

She is gonna GRILL Blackground and Barry Hankerson

• Like 2

9780306833144_p0_v2_s600x595.jpg%5D&scal

Its cute :)

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.