Cher Lloyd debuts Simon Cowell diss at first performance in years

BADDEST

Cher Lloyd by Cher Lloyd. OAHH. Rebecca jeanate.

27 minutes ago, Joesuxx said:

I feel like she's only interested in giving us little droplets these days but I'd love an album.

Not true lol. She's been fighting for a 3rd album for 9 years and has made so many CL3's to try and get one signed off but has never worked. 

The droplet era was left in 2021 though.

i followed her since x factor till sirens, so i know at 17 she was on x factor, under cheryl cole as judge and producers, and debuted at 18 yo with SJ single....with Syco (simon) but she signed with LA REID in 2011 for the US debut too...then in 2013 when she was 20 and after with ur love, want u back and oath she left Syco bc she and Simon  argued about her career and both were not happy so she left. (this is from an interview). then maybe the lyrics " if i don't show a little something, you know that everybody does it, you sold me the dream at seventeen" it means how she started her career and how it endend with Syco/Simon. and her album got delayed from nov to may and went nowhere, and she was not happy about the delay and i am sure she wasn't happy with the result either... the lyrics "after all the tears i cried you wasted my time".

i was kinda surprised she could not bounce back, she was pretty big at that time...she was performing on xfactors tv shows around the world, got talent...collabs, double music videos UK-US version like she was rising as an artist. i wish single was cute but did flop hard, then i guess the argue happened.

• Like 1

cher should start some faux beef with charli xcx about the usage of brat :sistrens:

9 hours ago, BADDEST said:

Don't know what shes waiting for. She has one song in particular the gays will eat up 

What do you know any tea 👀 are we finally getting an album? Why did it take her a decade?

12 minutes ago, XIAN said:

cher should start some faux beef with charli xcx about the usage of brat :sistrens:

What Cher needs to do is go on tour as an opening act and re establish herself asap. People were actually here for her. Her dumbass label just fumbled her over one underperformancs and then for whatever reason she started to starve us

6 hours ago, BADDEST said:

Not true lol. She's been fighting for a 3rd album for 9 years and has made so many CL3's to try and get one signed off but has never worked. 

The droplet era was left in 2021 though.

I'm confused so she's independent but wants a label to distribute her album? I'm confused. So we have how many scrapped albums by her then? This just kind of pissed me off cause this means then that she was in her own way of getting music released 

5 hours ago, DockDock said:

i followed her since x factor till sirens, so i know at 17 she was on x factor, under cheryl cole as judge and producers, and debuted at 18 yo with SJ single....with Syco (simon) but she signed with LA REID in 2011 for the US debut too...then in 2013 when she was 20 and after with ur love, want u back and oath she left Syco bc she and Simon  argued about her career and both were not happy so she left. (this is from an interview). then maybe the lyrics " if i don't show a little something, you know that everybody does it, you sold me the dream at seventeen" it means how she started her career and how it endend with Syco/Simon. and her album got delayed from nov to may and went nowhere, and she was not happy about the delay and i am sure she wasn't happy with the result either... the lyrics "after all the tears i cried you wasted my time".

i was kinda surprised she could not bounce back, she was pretty big at that time...she was performing on xfactors tv shows around the world, got talent...collabs, double music videos UK-US version like she was rising as an artist. i wish single was cute but did flop hard, then i guess the argue happened.

It's not a matter of her not being able to bounce back is just that she chose to not hustle. I get it that she got married, had a couple of kids and is independent but she swore up and down after the album delay fiasco we would never have to wait for music and she's each droplet like an xtina era and it's super frustrating. She needs to put out music more consistently, do features and collaborations try to sign onto a label again. With Cheryl Cole essentially retired she can easily reclaimed her place. If Becky G was able to turn things around so can Cher Lloyd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

What Cher needs to do is go on tour as an opening act and re establish herself asap. People were actually here for her. Her dumbass label just fumbled her over one underperformancs and then for whatever reason she started to starve us

I'm confused so she's independent but wants a label to distribute her album? I'm confused. So we have how many scrapped albums by her then? This just kind of pissed me off cause this means then that she was in her own way of getting music released 

It's not a matter of her not being able to bounce back is just that she chose to not hustle. I get it that she got married, had a couple of kids and is independent but she swore up and down after the album delay fiasco we would never have to wait for music and she's each droplet like an xtina era and it's super frustrating. She needs to put out music more consistently, do features and collaborations try to sign onto a label again. With Cheryl Cole essentially retired she can easily reclaimed her place. If Becky G was able to turn things around so can Cher Lloyd

yup that's true she could but she didn't wanted to...

6 hours ago, DockDock said:

yup that's true she could but she didn't wanted to...

Yeah that's why I'm kind of side eyeing her right now cause girl not you pulling a Simon Cowell diss for a comeback single. You should've been on his neck the second you were independent and won with a big comeback and success. Instead of you retreated and decided not to be consistent and now you want us to care you better work *****!

Her second album is sooooo good! It deserved so much more. I Wish could've been a hit if they promoted it well, and Sirens is a true masterpiece. I also love Lost, a cute little single that she released a couple years ago. Anyways, really like Head Down. Hope she can manage to eventually release it and a 3rd album as well.

I'm glad she's still performing! Wish we had gotten one of those albums along the way

22 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

None Of My Business should've been a multi week number one smash

Truth.

Honestly I miss her. I like both her albums and singles were a HITS

17 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

What do you know any tea 👀 are we finally getting an album? Why did it take her a decade?

no CL3 in the foreseeable unfortunately, though it always has been and still is the end goal for her. Hoping with this new music she has been planned that success also sparks for her finally giving her the platform to release CL3 independently the way she wants to. 

9 minutes ago, BADDEST said:

no CL3 in the foreseeable unfortunately, though it always has been and still is the end goal for her. Hoping with this new music she has been planned that success also sparks for her finally giving her the platform to release CL3 independently the way she wants to. 

What does even mean? Why is it taking a decade to drop an album? She's independent. What's the issue? Why us she bit releasing more consistently? What hasn't happened yet that she hasn't put out an album? Again she's independent which means she has the freedom to release content anytime she wants and if she hasn't it's because she doesn't actually want to. Cause can't blame Syco and Simon now. What's good Cher? 

Does anyone have a tl;dr about the label drama she's been dealing with? Sorry I'm Late dropped not even 2 years after the US release of Sticks & Stones, and not even 3 years since her debut single, which... really isn't that long of a delay ijbol. Maybe I'm just used to Katy Perry who waits 4 years between album cycles but I don't think that is a long time at all? :deadbanana4: Do people really think she flopped because of a 1.5 year wait? "Oath" was still charting in early 2013 iirc.

8 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

What does even mean? Why is it taking a decade to drop an album? She's independent. What's the issue? Why us she bit releasing more consistently? What hasn't happened yet that she hasn't put out an album? Again she's independent which means she has the freedom to release content anytime she wants and if she hasn't it's because she doesn't actually want to. Cause can't blame Syco and Simon now. What's good Cher? 

Firstly, within that long wait she's had to wait for contracts to expire so that she can be independent, she's been pregnant and had her second child, and also funds. Cher hasn't ever been one to put out music for the sake of it, she wants it to be professional and done right, which costs a lot of money. 

She's always said how she wants to do this album properly as she understands how long the fans have been waiting and she doesn't want to disappoint by putting out a half finished album because she couldn't afford to keep to the same standard she always has. 

The music itself is incredible and a big massive step up from her previous two albums, dare I say worth the wait? 

On 6/2/2024 at 10:11 PM, Pink Ranger said:

sirens was one of the best pop songs of its respective year, she was done dirty by Simon during her time trying to crack America 

Oh absolutely :clap3:

oh shes coming so soon 

GPOhMumW0AAkYhh?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.