• ImpressMeMuch

• Reverse Warholian

• kyliefever2002

how much more **** does halsey have to go through :gaycat7:

• Like 1

omg not leukemia:chick1: poor girl

32 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

What the actual ****

this is a song about going through lupus and or/ leukemia can y'all not? Absolutely disgusting.

We obviously didn't know so stop the ridiculous outage as if we purposely ignored that and just clarify that next time. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, iHype. said:

We obviously didn't know so stop the ridiculous outage and just clarify that next time. 

so people didn't listen to the song and just started hating?

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, iHype. said:

We obviously didn't know so stop the ridiculous outage as if we purposely ignored that and just clarify that next time. 

"ridiculous outrage" - yeah that says it all, have a good day. 

The posts here are weird. She already said it's not the lead, and it's very clearly an accompaniment both lyrically and literally with her announcement that she has been battling lupus and cancer. 

As for the song itself, her songwriting is still as impressive as ever, and it reminds me of a Phoebe song - but I'm not surprised since Alex G is involved. I really like it, but it's a painful listen. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Supervillain said:

Wdc we wanted a bop. 

So sorry that someone's life threatening illness has inconvenienced you. You must have a very beautiful life, congratulations.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, punisher said:

so people didn't listen to the song and just started hating?

I listened to the song and didn't get she had cancer or some type of scare. Neither did plenty of other people in this thread til your post. What's hard to understand?

She didn't say it verbatim. It was interpretation of an illness she has never publicly discussed. 

1 minute ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

"ridiculous outrage" - yeah that says it all, have a good day. 

Ridiculous as in trying to allude people were being insensitive to cancer when every post that was quoted likely didn't even know about that. 

Have a good day though :heart:

teddytears

I'm so sorry for her and always supporting her 

but musically this is the worsr song I have ever heard 

• Thumbs Down 10

18 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Her MOTOHALSI is coming! @The Witch 

She better SERVE or she's DONE :jonnycat:

4 minutes ago, iHype. said:

I listened to the song and didn't get she had cancer or some type of scare. Neither did plenty of other people in this thread til your post. What's hard to understand?

She didn't say it verbatim. It was interpretation of an illness she has never publicly discussed. 

"Every couple of years a doctor says I'm sick" and "could you pick me up at 8 'cause my treatment starts today?" are the opening and closing lyrics respectively. What's hard to understand?  

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Ridiculous as in trying to allude people were being insensitive to cancer when every post that was quoted likely didn't even know about that. 

Have a good day though :heart:

I provided the context and was rightfully upset given the context and how one can relate to the song. 

Just as you didn't know, how was I to know the posts quoted didn't. It goes both ways but it doesn't make my supposed 'outrage' ridiculous. 

Anyhow, I don't mean to continue this. There are definite bad actors in this thread and you're clearly not one of them - :heart: 

5 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Then you didn't hear the lyrics she literally says in the last line the time her treatment starts. Y'all are being dense and get bothered when called out. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, taemin said:

"Every couple of years a doctor says I'm sick" and "could you pick me up at 8 'cause my treatment starts today?" are the opening and closing lyrics respectively. What's hard to understand?  

Addiction, mental illness, etc could also have these applicable lines.

Again it's completely understandable why someone didn't immediately pick that up as discussing cancer. What's hard to understand?

Just now, iHype. said:

Addiction, mental illness, etc could also have these applicable lines.

Again it's completely understandable why someone didn't immediately pick that up as discussing cancer. What's hard to understand?

Oh ok so addiction or mental illness would be okay topics to make those comments about? Is that it?

Just now, taemin said:

Oh ok so addiction or mental illness would be okay topics to make those comments about? Is that it?

No but she has discussed those plenty of times in her prior music so it definitely wouldn't seem like a song that would need extra sensitivity towards compared to her prior music. 

Do you wish to keep looking for an issue in regards to an honest misunderstanding? :heart:

• Like 1

Just now, iHype. said:

No but she has discussed those plenty of times in her prior music so it definitely wouldn't seem like a song that would need extra sensitivity towards compared to her prior music. 

Do you wish to keep looking for an issue in regards to an honest misunderstanding? :heart:

The insensitivity and casual cruelty in this post is insane. Have the day you deserve.

Perhaps it would be best to ask for a banner on this thread clarifying the context of the song - I'll report and ask for it. 

• Thanks 2

On 6/3/2024 at 9:15 AM, Pendulum said:

The End

6/04

Length: 3 minutes 42 seconds

Produced by: Dan (the Olivia producer, ATRL censors his last name because it's reminiscent of a slur)

Written by: Halsey, Andrew Taggart

Genre: Synth-pop/dance-pop/house

This is the end, where we break, where we bend,
The final chapter that we couldn't defend.
We wrote our story in the stars, but they burned out,
Now it's time to face the end, with no doubt.

All these lies, and for what? :rip:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Laura Palmer said:

All these lies, and for what? :rip:

down to the reference of n-word last name producer :deadbanana4:

Beautiful song. I hope she's ok :chick3:

6 minutes ago, taemin said:

The insensitivity and casual cruelty in this post is insane. Have the day you deserve.

You're purposely misunderstanding which is the ironic part. 

The criticism people had was when they didn't realize the subject matter or that it wasn't a comeback single. Instead of arguing about how they should've understood the lyrics as quickly as you why is it hard to just accept they didn't? 

Nobody wanted to purposely dismiss her having a struggle with cancer. 

We all hope she gets better and serves a great album. 

• Thanks 1

ATRL is truly full of absolute idiots :deadbanana2:

like it's fine if this kind of song isn't your vibe, but some of these comments are serving negative brain cell count

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.