Halsey - "The End"

Joyride

Just now, SleepingTigers said:

This feels more of an album closer than a first single. It's a lovely and personal song though. 

it's not a single :rip: 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• original_lifeline

• ImpressMeMuch

• Reverse Warholian

• kyliefever2002

Just now, SleepingTigers said:

This feels more of an album closer than a first single. It's a lovely and personal song though. 

It literally is not a single. Maybe read what she has already said about the song before commenting on it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

wow this is so personal. i wish her strength and health.

• Like 4

Just now, Burqa said:

it's a cute song and I'm glad she shared her personal experiencie but I think this could've been saved for the album

The album is obviously about her health/illness journey. Imagine NOT knowing any of this and this is the last song on the album? Kind of obvious why she'd want the world to know/hear this first.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, halcyonday said:

it's not a single :rip: 

Alright, my bad. 

This is beautiful, I love her voice.

• Like 2

Leukemia and lupus? Ffs! Poor girl! Didn't she just have a son?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I really dig it, her vocals are gorgeous and the lyrics are great

ik it's not the lead but I'm really satisfied w it either way

will it be on the album?

Edited by Petra von Kant
  • Like 2

Ok now I understand. She has been through a lot… poor girl.

The song is beautiful, but won't come to it very often. I hope the album won't be too difficult to listen to in relation to lyrics…

2 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

the most beautiful aspect of this track, in addition to opening the album like a treasure chest, is how it tells itself. I see myself a lot because unfortunately my mother also went through (and still goes through) an illness. the final line to the track, which may be obvious to some, honestly devastated me: it's so similar to what mom told me. please, give this album a chance when it's available to everyone and I myself can't wait to fully immerse myself in it.

The last line gave me chills and really puts everything in perspective. People should consider themselves lucky if they can't relate to it.

• Like 1

Hauntingly beautiful song but can't bring myself to enjoy it knowing it's about her lupus and leukemia journey. Clearly more of a statement song / personal update than a flashy comeback single, which she did say is coming soon. Damn. 

Omg this is gorgeous, but so sad… I wish her all the best :dancehall3:

It lowkey reminded me of an evermore soundscape. I love this sound. 

7 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

the most beautiful aspect of this track, in addition to opening the album like a treasure chest, is how it tells itself. I see myself a lot because unfortunately my mother also went through (and still goes through) an illness. the final line to the track, which may be obvious to some, honestly devastated me: it's so similar to what mom told me. please, give this album a chance when it's available to everyone and I myself can't wait to fully immerse myself in it.

this is breaking my heart, my mum also went through a really bad illness, and to this day we still don't know what caused it. sending my prayers out for your mum:heart2:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

currently the biggest clown in ATRL. what do you think about the new single?

21 minutes ago, Musicmajor said:

She sounds genuinely nice on this but this to me is painfully boring. I was listening to HFK this morning in preparation and anticipation, so this was NOT the song or vibe i was looking for to kick off the new era. Why would she release such a slow and timid song for her new era, after being gone for so long? Especially because i think June/August are going to be packed with releases, you'd think she would want something that can stick out a little more amongst all the new drops?

21 minutes ago, iHype. said:

This is not comeback single material especially when your last one flopped too 

:deadbanana2:

Beautiful message but this is obviously an album track like-

What the actual ****

this is a song about going through lupus and or/ leukemia can y'all not? Absolutely disgusting.

• Thanks 9

3 minutes ago, perfectillusion204 said:

The last line gave me chills and really puts everything in perspective. People should consider themselves lucky if they can't relate to it.

I absolutely agree. I don't even have the strength to write anymore, but really, I know how it feels: it's heartbreaking and overwhelming. although years have passed, what I saw is now indelible from my mind. fortunately there is music that allows me to find comfort, but today Halsey decided to devastate me with "little".

1 minute ago, punisher said:

this is breaking my heart, my mum also went through a really bad illness, and to this day we still don't know what caused it. sending my prayers out for your mum:heart2:

the same goes to you, sweetheart :heart2:

• Like 1

Some people have no compassion and are so selfish… reading some posts in this thread was very hard. 

Be very glad you can't relate to this song, but at least have some empathy. If you have nothing nice to say, remain quiet. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

sending you and your mom a lot of strength, I'll keep you in my thoughts :heart:

8 minutes ago, Petra von Kant said:

I really dig it, her vocals are gorgeous and the lyrics are great

ik it's not the lead but I'm really satisfied w it either way

will it be on the album?

she says so

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

i just listened to this again and I literally started sobbing when I saw her ig post and the song played.

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

sending you and your mom a lot of strength, I'll keep you in my thoughts :heart:

thank you so much :heart2:. I'm replying to this last message here because I don't want to flood this thread with my personal experiences\problems and I would like others to talk (I want to underline that) about Halsey and the wonderful song. thank you so much for your closeness. really. it means so much to me. :heart2:

• Like 4

So, she's had leukaemia or lymphoma. Give her age I'd say it's probably more likely a lymphoma, but damn :lakitu: I wonder if she shaved her head bc of the chemo then. 

37 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

I love Halsey more than anyone else here

That doesn't warrant the mega insensitive post.

• Thanks 6

Beautiful song, I want her pain to just go away 🥲

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.