Halsey - "The End"

Joyride

i really like it, it's definitely not a song to kick off the era, but it's a nice album track 

• Like 1

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• original_lifeline

• ImpressMeMuch

• Reverse Warholian

• halcyonday

If you knew it was the end of the world
Could you love me like a child?
Could you hold me in the dark?
If you knew it was the end of the world
Would you like to stay a while?
Would you leave when it gets hard?

:jonny2:

haunting :chick3:

She sounds genuinely nice on this but this to me is painfully boring. I was listening to HFK this morning in preparation and anticipation, so this was NOT the song or vibe i was looking for to kick off the new era. Why would she release such a slow and timid song for her new era, after being gone for so long? Especially because i think June/August are going to be packed with releases, you'd think she would want something that can stick out a little more amongst all the new drops?

• Thumbs Down 6

This is not comeback single material especially when your last one flopped too 

:deadbanana2:

Beautiful message but this is obviously an album track like-

• Thumbs Down 6

oh wow this is the best her voice has EVER sounded :eek: so lovely!!

• Like 2

hasn't she made it clear this is not the lead?

"Before the first single comes, I wanted to share this. It means a lot to me and I love it. "

• Like 7

she literally said "i'm not releasing a big single" what did y'all expect? a bop?

like literally everything she was saying to the lead up of this song was that it was just telling her story and what's been happening to her in the last few years

lord just say hope you get better and stop complainingggg. she confirmed there's gonna be a bigger single coming aka that bop y'all want so just wait lmao

• Like 9

She already said it's not a single, it's a statement of where is she rn and what is happening. This is not for you to bop and overplay, it's about the message she's sending. Wishing her the best rn. 

• Like 8

It's cute I guess and I'm happy for her talking about her internal struggles but this song isn't being added to my library and I'll never go back to it again

• Thumbs Down 2

it gives me "cassandra (first draft phone memo)" bonus track

• Haha 2

Lupus. guess she won't be touring as much anymore then.

It's so personal that's kinda unrelatable, I love her vocals and it's a cute album track, not what I was expecting tho, still excited for the new era 

• Like 2

very particular and touching. y'all still complaining about possible numbers or whatever if it's single material or not when she is known to bring amazing and detailed art to the table (look at IICHLIWP). I hope that another huge serve is on the way. 

• Like 8

I hope this song has nothing relate to the first single PLEASE!!!!

• Thumbs Down 3

Beautiful, very well written, quite effective. :heart2:

• Like 2

Y'all are slow as the **** she literally stated this is not a single and y'all expected a bop 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, MaxMartin said:

It's always baffling to waste a comeback single with a buzz song , it's like the first song that reintroduces you to the gp ,  it never makes any sense 

this is not intended to generate buzz. she told us it's how the story of the album unfolds, it's not a business thing. she has no hype so it doesn't matter anyway.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Like 2

you're more worried about her success than she is :rip: 

• Thanks 2

She can keep it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

This feels more of an album closer than a first single. It's a lovely and personal song though. 

Based on the 2 accounts she tagged, it seems like she has/had cancer on top of Lupus?? Poor girl. Truly hope she is on the road to recovery.

it's a cute song and I'm glad she shared her personal experiencie but I think this could've been saved for the album

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.