Halsey - "The End"

Joyride

1 hour ago, iHype. said:

You're purposely misunderstanding which is the ironic part. 

The criticism people had was when they didn't realize the subject matter or that it wasn't a comeback single. Instead of arguing about how they should've understood the lyrics as quickly as you why is it hard to just accept they didn't? 

Nobody wanted to purposely dismiss her having a struggle with cancer. 

We all hope she gets better and serves a great album. 

Thank you:clap3: 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• original_lifeline

• ImpressMeMuch

• Reverse Warholian

• kyliefever2002

The way some people here are musically ignorant and can't appreciate music if it can't do big numbers or if it's not an upbeat gay bop (or both) :bibliahh:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Cqmerqn said:

That doesn't warrant the mega insensitive post.

2 hours ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

So sorry that someone's life threatening illness has inconvenienced you. You must have a very beautiful life, congratulations.

You guys are right, I was too insensitive with my comment and I want to apologize for it. I haven't fully analised the lyrics upon my first listen and I was at the beach listening to Charli XCX's new album right before it so I wasn't paying much attention, I'm sorry for being so careless with my words and I wish Halsey all the best. :heart2: 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

You guys are right, I was too insensitive with my comment and I want to apologize for it. I haven't fully analised the lyrics upon my first listen and I was at the beach listening to Charli XCX's new album right before it so I wasn't paying much attention, I'm sorry for being so careless with my words and I wish Halsey all the best. :heart2: 

:heart: hope you had a beautiful beach day, no hard feelings!! 

• Thanks 1

This is so beautiful. I really wish her the best and can't wait to hear the album 

Posted (edited)

Yeah y'all are cooked. She had stated it wasn't a single before release and the lyrics aren't difficult to interpret.

Beautiful song. Sad to hear she's been going through this, hopefully she's ok in general.

Edited by Rico Shameless v2
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Saintlor said:

Halsey is signed to a major label isn't she? I love her a lot, but the music not doing well could mean she could be not allowed to release music after this project and be tied into a bad contract

IICHLIWP didn't perform well, so I'm not sure if her label would be ok with 2 albums in a row not doing amazingly

Unless she is independent now?

1 hour ago, Saintlor said:

Halsey herself has said that her label were on the neck about how songs should sound.

I'm a huge fan and actually care that her career goes well and she is allowed to do what she wants, but the label could mistreat her or even prevent her from being able to leave or release music if the upcoming project doesn't do well.

There were rumours that she went independent last year, did they turn out to be true?

How are you huge fan but don't know that she parted ways with Capitol and signed to Columbia. Don't think label executives expected a song about her health issues to sound tailor made for radio. Again this song is not meant to break streaming records to take the chart talk somewhere else.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

is this a bit or did @Pendulum just lie for fun

It was a troll post like the numerous others in the original announcement thread. This user and his obsession with me is doing too much.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

beautiful song, wishing her well

it's not something I'm gonna listen to a lot on its own but it'll be a great closer for the album

• Like 2

this was beautiful, so sad to hear about her diagnosis, hope all is well :heart:

Gorgeous song. Wishing her well.

• Like 1

Ugh. I love her so much. Im really rooting for her 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

the way she explained what this song would be and its purpose, but yall still insist on screaming "wHeReS dA BoPs" and worried about numbers. Please go be insufferable and insensitive somewhere else :biblio:

Edited by BLΔCKP!NK
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

It seems like there is definitely going to be a documentary too. I'm glad she is comfortable talking about her health and doing this all on her terms.

Edited by perfectillusion204

Posted (edited)

What a beautiful and sad song

I wish her the fastest recovery, extremely sad that she has been going through this

She has grown so much as an artist, the album Im sure will be great

Her last album was sooo good one of the best this decade.

Edited by Trent W
  • Like 5

This is beautiful :gaycat6:

• Like 1

waitttt according to pitchfork Alex G is playing guitar on this!! wow i hope she collab with him more :jonny4:

oh this song is gorgeous

Very Alex G or Mount Eerie

It's seems like she doesn't want to make pop music anymore but she probably has to because of her contract 

dont think this is a lead single, more like album opener

get well soon:bird:

this is a stunning single, tragic about what she's goimg through

hope she finds happiness and is surrounded by her loved ones

1 hour ago, JoeAg said:

waitttt according to pitchfork Alex G is playing guitar on this!! wow i hope she collab with him more :jonny4:

He's one of the main collaborators on the album! 

• Thanks 1

It's so beautiful 

Was touching and could really hear the pain and emotion in the lyrics  :weeps:

on the initial listen i had was a bit disappointed, but that was because i wasn't expecting this, i wasn't comprehending the lyrics and the sheer simplicity of the song.. but when i read the lyrics while listening for the second time, she had me ugly crying., the song is tragically beautiful with so sad, i wish her the best, hope she gets well soon and fully recovers :cries: 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.