Years later, thoughts on "Rainbow" album by Kesha?

Taylor fanboy

It was a masterpiece back then and it is a masterpiece now. Aged amazingly compared to other records released around that time. 

• Like 3

One of my all time favorite albums. I still use it daily, it's even my go-to when I want to get my spirit up.

Spaceship is still my favorite Kesha song. I still remember how I felt that summer night.

wow-cry.gif

• Like 4

One of my favorite albums of all time, and I'd say this even if I weren't such a Kesha fan. Still her best work. This album got me through the worst time of my life. :clap3:

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

To this day I still think this is her strongest, most cohesive fully realised body of work, even if sonically it's not my favourite (3rd fave after Animal and Gag Order). Everything from the aesthetic, to the cover, visuals, styling etc was perfection, and the album itself has some career highlights (Praying, Boots and Spaceship). 

While successful, I feel the album deserved more, easily was Grammy worthy (at the very least she should've got it for Praying), and boots should've been the official second single, with Woman just being the promo single.

Edited by CroNich
  • Like 2

I think it was the best album for her to make at the time, it really showcased her freedom.

There's a couple songs on it that I like, but musically it's not for me.

• Like 1

I don't use it a lot, but it's an outstanding album and by far her best piece of work.

• Like 2

Her best album for sure! So many good songs on it. Spaceship is a beautiful song that I still listen to regularly. 

• Like 2

Outstanding album. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Truly one of the best works released by a post 2000's pop girl. I don't think many of her contemporaries will ever reach the quality of this record. 

• Like 1

It is her last listenable album. The two that came after it were god awful :thing:

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.