Taylor released two more variants of TTPD despite predicted to be #1 again. Why?

liam13

One thing that I love with her business moves is how they make some people absolutely feral. She can release something 3 times per week and the same group of people will fume 3 times per week.  It's so comical.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Popboi.

• family.guy123

• woohoo

• cuteboyzay

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Kavish said:

One thing that I love with her business moves is how they make some people absolutely feral. She can release something 3 times per week and the same group of people will fume 3 times per week.  It's so comical.  

I think most people are just laughing at her greed and her fans' gullibility but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 12

Billboard should count only 1 version of any album so we can see "real" sales. Artists have been manipulating charts since ticket bundles were introduced, it has become a joke. Blaming Taylor for releasing so many versions is easy but it's a tactic every artist can use. 

Also, doing this while your fans are pressuring you to support a free Palestine is absolutely vile.

• Thumbs Down 1

if she was gonna do these weekly releases she shouldve just saved the "2nd album" and distrubuted each track on different album variants that she releases each week

that would be exciting and wont leave a bad taste for her image. 1 acoustic version one a new variant is just :rip: 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I stan her but it's getting ridiculous 

it's not like she needs to prove something she is the biggest artist rn 

Edited by Luvvydubby
Wrong word
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Kavish said:

It's crazy that you think this is that deep - a lot of people just think she's a massive a**hole, including me.

I wouldn't brag about alienating a massive portion of her casual fanbase with her rabid capitalism being a "business move" :biblio:

Edited by Vegvisir
  • Like 4

I'm not even a fan but as long as people keep buying everything that she releases, she's right :michael:

Nobody is forced to buy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, yes, let the casual fans turns on Taylor, it's time to thin out the Swiftie base so I can get tour tickets more easily :gaycat5:

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, The Music Industry said:

Why? 

Probably to keep chronically online ATRLers fuming, kicking and screaming 

:suburban:

This would work for a lot of other artists, but her skin is so paper thin she probably would fume about being dragged here.

OT: I wonder if Billboard is planning on changing their rules for this or if they don't care. I think it's wasteful and weird, but at the end of the day, her fans are welcome to spend as much money as they want on future landfill contents.

Her cats probably need a new pillow or something let her live :suburban:

I hope billboard change the rules for physical copies but allows individual downloads and streaming releases. This is just to lengthen TTPD' sweeks at number 1 but still. You could buy some groceries instead. Im a fan but im buying something once.

7 hours ago, cuteboyzay said:

This was NOT the eat you thought it was omfg girl PLEAASEEE!!! :ahh:

Not you spending your college tuition on a woman who could BUY your college 10x over and sell it for a million Big Macs I'M HOLLERING!!!

All because of "Obsessive Taylor Haters". Girl we are NOT hating. We are EMBARRASSED for her. But like I've said once before, she's just following her ancestor's footsteps.

I pray you ARE rich just for the sake of your bank account.:deadbanana2:

When I get my raise this year I'll be right under 6 figures tysm for your financial concerns. Where are you getting college tuition for under $200 a year please share. And you have two choices with Taylor, ignore her and move along or…obsessively run into every thread and make comments about how her fans spend their money and what they stream. You chose the latter. She's the IT girl, we can't blame you. 

Dont see anything wrong. I would die for my fave to give us all this exclusive content and multiple bonus tracks
She's not forcing people to buy it. As simple as that :giraffe:

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Dont see anything wrong. I would die for my fave to give us all this exclusive content and multiple bonus tracks
She's not forcing people to buy it. As simple as that :giraffe:

This is a lie, I personally have had a member of Taylor Nation come to my apartment and hold me at gun point while they watched me purchase 13 CDs from her website, and then profess my devotion and love to The Lord :ryan3:

• Haha 1

she's just working, she's workaholic

9 hours ago, Kavish said:

Being a hater =/= Having a strong disdain for goofy and lame **** especially after it's been placed on a pedestal for so very long. 

I want ya'll to start being so ffr. :coffee2:

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CécredSpaces said:

This isn't even true. Sasha Fierce had a total of four variants:

1. I Am… Sasha Fierce - Standard

2. I Am… Sasha Fierce - Deluxe

Both were out on release day.

Then one year later, I Am… Sasha Fierce (Platinum Edition) which contained the videos. Then lastly, I Am… Sasha Fierce (Deluxe Reissue) when the Lady Gaga remix happened.

Standard, Deluxe, Walmart with the digital download of live performances (so basically what Taylor is criticized for rn), European digipak, Target edition with a code for a chance to access the tour presale (another thing similar to Taylor's criticism, purchase for a CHANCE for... a chance of buying a ticket). CD + DVD, Deluxe Re-issue, iTunes exclusive for both standard, 2009 re-issue and the EP they did at the end of the era. That's way more than most of albums at the time and a lot of re-issues that only added a couple songs per time. Self titled would be a better example as that only had 1 re-issue and that's it.

I can't wait for Billboard to stop counting all of this junk.  It should be a total of 4 purchases that count for the main release, not PER variant

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 2:20 PM, Popboi. said:

Sasha Fierce had tons of versions with updated tracklists and covers and many exclusives to some retailers, not the best example :rip:

What are they? When were they released? Where can I, an American, purchase these versions? 

Edited by family.guy123

28 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

I can't wait for Billboard to stop counting all of this junk.  It should be a total of 4 purchases that count for the main release, not PER variant

Why 4? It should be 1. 

(zero, actually in my opinion, but a girl can compromise 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

What are they? When were they released? Where can I, an American, purchase these versions? 

The 5 versions in 2008 (original standard and deluxe, exclusives to iTunes, Target and Walmart), the CD+DVD "Platinum" Version, the "Complete" deluxe version (which still misses songs) and the current iTunes/Apple Music exclusive (so 5 in 2008, 3 in 2009). Dear American.

You may find the first few ones at dollar tree and the latter at your local Walmart's sales bin.

Edited by Popboi.

2 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

The 5 versions in 2008 (original standard and deluxe, exclusives to iTunes, Target and Walmart), the CD+DVD "Platinum" Version, the "Complete" deluxe version (which still misses songs) and the current iTunes/Apple Music exclusive (so 5 in 2008, 3 in 2009). Dear American.

Which songs does it miss, American? 

10 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Why 4? It should be 1. 

(zero, actually in my opinion, but a girl can compromise 

I only said 4 because that's the total billboard has been counting, but that's been circumvented with all of these variants, but I agree, 1 is plenty. 

1 minute ago, family.guy123 said:

Which songs does it miss, American? 

Save the Hero and Why Don't You Love Me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.