Taylor Swift hosts raffle for fans to buy Eras Tour tickets

Saintlor

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Kern said:

The backfire and refusal to take the L from the OP :bibliahh:

How is it a backfire when only like 3 people disagree?

Also, you do know this is a forum where people have different opinions right?

I still have my own opinions even if a whole thread disagreed with me

Edited by Saintlor
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saintlor

• RideOrDie

• diemoehre

• OrgVisual

Pretty sure this isn't really something -she- decided. Ever since I heard about that Jon Bellion thing* I truly believe most labels are scamming fans without the artist even being aware of it for a long time.

* = they were discounting his concert tickets for $10 and he was having to pay the other $90 out of pocket per ticket to reach the $100 face value. So they were pocketing so much money by putting him into debt. He didn't understand why his tour gross was getting recouped so much until he found that out. 

• Haha 1

Hate to be that person but how dispicable can you be? :chick3: Like when does enough money truly become enough for you.

"Buy my album to potentially earn the opportunity to buy tickets." is just wild. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Just now, Saintlor said:

How is it a backfire when only like 3 people disagree?

Also, you do know this is a forum where people have different opinions right?

I still have my own opinions even if a whole thread disagreed with me

You are SO EMBARRASSING!!

:bibliahh::dies:

The prize being paying to buy a ticket :skull: 

Would her sales not count 🤭

This smells like the Victory Tour mess.

A fun prize would be to actually get free tickets or a free meet & greet. Like who truly does stuff like this? This is just sad. And her behavior makes me dislike her more and more each day. 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

I know it's fun to hate on her greediness but you don't need to buy anything to enter this. There's a "no purchase necessary" link at the bottom which means anyone can enter for free and get a chance to buy a ticket. Since she is giving away 150 spots, she can't give them away for free. So her actual fans who missed out on being able to buy tickets because of scalpers/bots will be able to purchase them. It's a good thing. 

i don't care, I was being a sarcastic swiftie. thanks tho!

Edited by BLΔCKP!NK

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

A fun prize would be to actually get free tickets or a free meet & greet. Like who truly does stuff like this? This is just sad. And her behavior makes me dislike her more and more each day. 

Girl calm down and read the previous page 

• Thanks 1

Not this clothes hanger and her schemes again.  

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

As someone who likes Taylor, swifties insulting people or calling someone stupid (like people have in this thread) just for having an opinion that doesn't side with her is the reason why the swifties have such an awful reputation amongst everybody else 

Its not a big deal if someone doesn't like something they Taylor has done

I know a lot of fandoms behave this way, but Taylor's fans can be particularly rude and condescending 

All this whining for being able to accept the fact that you're wrong.

• Like 3

we truly live in a hunger games/black mirror crossover

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

Since she is giving away 150 spots, she can't give them away for free. 

I'm sorry, but how does this work? Shouldn't it be the other way around - Since she's giving away 150 spots, she should give them away for free?!

Edited by brazil
  • Like 1

Eh the demand is there. Don't forget the chances of being able to buy a ticket to this tour was smaller than the chance of getting accepted to Harvard. 

Posted (edited)

Imagine being extremely offended on behalf of a woman who would make you pay to win a contest (when the price of giving away 150 tickets would amount to like 1/85,000th of the tour's gross)

moo.png

Edited by Saintlor
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

32 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

If it was only one city then maybe. But she is doing this in other places as well, I'm sure the one for Edinburgh was done before this. Also who is giving away hundreds of free tickets for free? It's crazy if you expect that from HER out of all people. :rip:

But this is nice from her to actually give a chance to legit fans to get tickets all over the UK. 

Please stop trying to justify shennanigans, this has nothing to do with allowing fans to be on the concert, are you trying to imply that in a 60k attendance concert there are only going to be 150 swifities?  In adittion, the reference to past purchases being allowed is hidden in the end and confusing to understand. 

• Like 1

Taylor Swift and "greed" always go hand in hand...

I'm with the OP on this one, this is disgraceful :rip:

Order my album* in the UK within this tracking week to enter a contest to purchase concert tickets at full price for 150 lucky winners.

*No purchase necessary. Click here for info.

The fact that you don't actually have to buy the album to enter (as mandated by UK law) makes this post, at best, a shameless attempt by Taylor's team to trick swifties who didn't read or understand the whole thing into buying another copy of TTPD. Why else would you mention ordering the album at all in connection with the contest, if you just wanted to hold a lottery for extra seats? 

And notice how the link to enter is disguised as a link "for info". Like they really went out of their way to avoid saying that you can enter with just the click of a button, hoping to disguise that fact from the swifties who are actually going to buy TTPD again off the back of this embarrassing scheme. 

And that's not even getting into the fact that they were unwilling to forego the cost of the concert tickets themselves in this shameless attempt to boost her album sales in the UK this week. Girl you need to fire whichever team members came up with this borderline scam, because it is really not a good look :rip:

• Like 8

Aren't there hundreds of cheap resale tickets before every show? :rip: 

53 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

That's written in super small fine print which most won't read (and is only added for legal reasons)

Well, their fault tbh

25 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Imagine being extremely offended on behalf of a woman who would make you pay to win a contest

It has been said multiple times now that you literally do NOT need to pay to win.

Also, you would have to pay for tickets anyway if you wanted to go and with this giveaway you have the opportunity to get tickets in a way easier way than with the big queues. 

I'm all for critisizing artists but this is not a bad thing I think?

• Thanks 2

I am going to enter the comp in hopes of buying a ticket to resell for much more

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.