Taylor Swift hosts raffle for fans to buy Eras Tour tickets

Saintlor

1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

I know it's fun to hate on her greediness but you don't need to buy anything to enter this. There's a "no purchase necessary" link at the bottom which means anyone can enter for free and get a chance to buy a ticket. Since she is giving away 150 spots, she can't give them away for free. So her actual fans who missed out on being able to buy tickets because of scalpers/bots will be able to purchase them. It's a good thing. 

Suddenly, they are so quiet. :ahh:

• Like 1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saintlor

• RideOrDie

• diemoehre

• OrgVisual

Posted (edited)

I think I read that you can sign up via a form without purchasing anything.

Still not the best practise I think but there's worse

Edited by holyground13
change

Posted (edited)

Dumb thread by a not so bright OP what else is new? :dies:

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

She's doing this in every city, not just one place. 150 tickets to give away for free in every city she does in the UK? That's a lot of tickets.

Aren't they selling 60-80K tickets per night?

150 tickets is nothing and would only be a loss of £24,000 per night out of the tens of millions it's likely generating every night.

I don't think a giveaway to win the chance to buy tickets is a good thing.

Edited by Saintlor

2 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

This is because it's the against the law to make people pay for a chance of winning something

Regardless, she could easily give these 150 tickets they held back away for free

If it was only one city then maybe. But she is doing this in other places as well, I'm sure the one for Edinburgh was done before this. Also who is giving away hundreds of free tickets for free? It's crazy if you expect that from HER out of all people. :rip:

But this is nice from her to actually give a chance to legit fans to get tickets all over the UK. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

I know it's fun to hate on her greediness but you don't need to buy anything to enter this. There's a "no purchase necessary" link at the bottom which means anyone can enter for free and get a chance to buy a ticket. Since she is giving away 150 spots, she can't give them away for free. So her actual fans who missed out on being able to buy tickets because of scalpers/bots will be able to purchase them. It's a good thing. 

i think everyone in the first page was making fun of the fact that you have to get into a contest to buy a ticket(as a prize :skull: ) instead of winning it for free

Edited by Trent W
  • Like 10

This is just pathetic behaviour from a billionaire tbh :rip: 

Just now, Saintlor said:

Aren't they selling 60-80K tickets per night?

150 tickets is nothing and would only be a loss of £24,000 per night out of the tens of millions it's likely generating every night.

You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:

Is this clear enough or do we have to get an actual drill?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Trent W said:

i think everyone in the first page was making fun of the fact that you have to get into a contest to buy a ticket instead of winning it for free

If it was a few tickets sure. But 150 tickets in each city she does is a lot to give away. She reserved those tickets to be able to sell them, not pay for it all out of her pocket. 

Thats kinda funny. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:

Is this clear enough or do we have to get an actual drill?

That's written in super small fine print which most won't read (and is only added for legal reasons) and I'm sure Taylor Swift can afford a £24,000 loss to give away 150 tickets out of 80,000 for free instead of hosting a "giveaway" to be able to purchase tickets 

If she's not going to give them away for free… then just don't announce this?

Edited by Saintlor
  • Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 4

7 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

You're right, it is!

nicoleavi.thumb.gif.25ebc82d5f90394cb64b

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

That's written in super small fine print which most won't read and I'm sure Taylor Swift can afford a £24,000 loss to give away 150 tickets out of 80,000 for free instead of hosting a "giveaway" to be able to purchase tickets 

You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:You can enter without purchasing :deadbanana2:

They're free, no one is entitled to them actually. And you can't just ignore the fact that you can enter for free for your DUMB thread. I'm sorry she's not as awful as your other faves. :deadbanana2: Try harder next time I don't know what to tell you :dies:

Edited by Mandalore
  • Haha 2

Just now, Saintlor said:

That's written in super small fine print which most won't read and I'm sure Taylor Swift can afford a £24,000 loss to give away 150 tickets out of 80,000 for free instead of hosting a "giveaway" to be able to purchase tickets 

I just explained it to you in the previous page. She is doing this all over the UK, not just one city. When you add it all up it's not a cute 24k. I don't see any other rich celebrity give away hundreds of tickets for free, why would she?

If it was a few tickets sure. But 150 tickets in each city she does is a lot to give away. She reserved those tickets to be able to sell them, not pay for it all out of her pocket. 

She gave away thousands of tickets for her Reputation tour in Dublin back in 2018 so I'm sure she would have no problems giving away 150 tickets for her dedicated fans (who she already sucked dry with her 2327813671 releases anyways)

:ryan3:

• Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

She probably didn't come up with this(I really hope)

But whoever did this in her team makes her look greedy and narcissistic 

The problem is "you have to get into a contest to win and the prize is you are able to pay for a ticket" 

It really looks bad tbh

Honestly they are just better off not doing this and still banking.

10 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

the no purchase necessary message has to be put there legally and is obviously not a focal part of the promotion. the vast majority of people wont even notice it

• Like 1

I just explained it to you in the previous page. She is doing this all over the UK, not just one city. When you add it all up it's not a cute 24k. I don't see any other rich celebrity give away hundreds of tickets for free, why would she?

All over UK? She only performed in 4 cities sis :rip: 

• Haha 4

Truly the CONartist of the century 

• Thumbs Down 2

99% of artists do webstore preorder for a UK presale code for tour presale, this is just a variation of that as the tour is near.

• Like 3

As much as I don't really care for ha, ya'll are dumb.

Lotteries to be able to buy tickets are the norm in Asia. 

It honestly makes more sense for artists like bey and taylor to do this in the future to prevent scalpers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The backfire and refusal to take the L from the OP :bibliahh:

• Haha 12

Something is definitely wrong with OP cause what even is this thread but then I looked at name not surprised at all

• Haha 6

Just now, Kern said:

The backfire and refusal to take the L from the OP :bibliahh:

It's very usual for them

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.