Sky Ferreira acknowledges her freedom from Capitol Records for the first time

Descending

Sky promotes her australian tour dates & confirms that she has been going to studio sessions without a record label during triple j interview.

Previously, before landing in Australia, she also did another interview with beat, which revels that she's going independent and states that new music will be released.

[...] For now, she says Masochism is finished and coming "very soon" but she's looking for the same spark she had with Night Time.

[...] She's ready for her comeback, but she's determined to get it right... While we may still be waiting patiently for Sky to get Masochism just right, she says there's new music on the way – "at least a song. Even though people are going to be like 'Oh great, a song, a random song'… whatever. At least it will be the first thing I've done on my own. At least it'll be the first time I'm able to do that." 

Read the full interview here:
https://beat.com.au/i-just-want-a-clean-slate-after-all-this-time-sky-ferreira-wont-stray-from-her-vision/

• Haha 7

i'll believe it when it comes out :zzz:

• Like 1

she says Masochism is finished and coming "very soon" but

:celestial5:

• Haha 8

hell is HOT and the album is already on ***** i made the zip myself *****, rot

• Thanks 1

Now when she doesn't get anything done even without the label, she will hopefully realize that it wasn't the label stopping her, but herself. s:wan:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

hell is HOT and the album is already on ***** i made the zip myself *****, rot

where lol

There's already like five threads on this :bibliahh: 

(This never happens)

• Haha 3

It's been like 10 years now no?

We already sort of have the L worded version of Masochism queen.  Just give us the official release 

• Like 1

She just needs to find another producer she had the same connection she had with blood orange 

1 hour ago, mypaintoyou said:

It's been like 10 years now no?

I am 10 years older and I am getting tired. We will all be in a senior home by the time she releases :rip:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Skestina said:

There's already like five threads on this :bibliahh: 

She did this interview at triple j today and oh, I didn't see the other ones that mentions the second interview... my bad I guess, also it's my first thread :ducky:

Edited by Descending

Posted (edited)

And honestly I see y'all visions, of course it has been a tiring narrative but she sounded really confident on this interview and it's the second one we getting, plus she's finally free from Capitol Records. Whether Masochism gets finally released or not, new music is really coming and at least apparently, she seems ready to move forward with her career.

People can say what they want, but there are plenty Masochism songs leaked and clearly the material is there... she just didn't release along with that pile of excuses... :keir:

Edited by Descending

this clown.

• Like 1

She needs to release another album.

she comes across a little better in this interview for a change, i'm not perched for anything regarding her (and haven't been in a long time) but I really wish her the best 

If there's no song called "Masochism" on Masochism, I'm not listening.

6 hours ago, elvenOCEAN said:

If there's no song called "Masochism" on Masochism, I'm not listening.

It's the experience of waiting over 10 years for it that truly makes it Masochism

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.