Spice Girls - "Holler" appreciation thread

Hector

They ATE :clap3: Song & video sounded so current for 2000. Deserved to be a mega smash everywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A mega bop and an amazing video :jonnycat: They were all serving so much c*nt in that mirror glass pyramid, pop legends

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I still remember when this song came out. I was obsessed. I was one of the few fans that was really into the 'Forever' era. 

• Like 2

I love this song. It's a perfect bop! Darkchild production always slays 

• Thanks 1

I was OBSESSED with this back in the day when I was like three or four years old and my mom bought one of those Now That's What I Call Music! CDs dddddddd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't even know this song existed till songpop kept adding it to all there playlists.

I forgot they had this 3rd album :toofunny2:

• Haha 1

A bop but Geri's absence in the songwriting is evident

Holler, holler, holler, holler, holler, come on

Holler, holler, holler, holler, come on, come on

:WAP:

• Thanks 1

The whole forever album is amazing. Loved it so much more than the first 2 albums

A total BOP :WAP:

Always loved Holler, and wish it had been much much bigger than it was but the anti-Spice press and industry at the time sadly killed its momentum. The live performances on tour always smashed as well!!

Love me some moodier/hotter Spice Girls. They delievered with Forever :heart:

The 2019 version was so *****

• Thanks 1

Still have the Forever album that my older sister bought me as a birthday present :heart:

At this time lot of CDs had this "Enhanced" technology in order to fight piracy, so if you played the album on the computer you could see some extras (this one had Holler music video with Real Time Player program included) 

My god I'm getting old :gaycat7:

• Like 1

Don't get the love for Holler at all. Is there a song out there that sounds more dated? A literal stain on their otherwise flawless discography. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

one of my favourites if not the favourite Spice Girls song, it's soo good, the production  slaps

Edited by M!X
  • Like 2

Tell Me Why is my fave from that album, but Holler is a huge bop too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Tell Me Why is my fave from that album, but Holler is a huge bop too.

Tell Me Why is soo sooooo good! It goes hard in ways that we wouldnt expect from girlbands at the time. That beat is crazy!

I also love Get Down With Me, Wasting My Time and If You Wanna Have Some Fun on the album. All stellar and all could have been crazy hits at the time.

Just a shame they let the album die at the time...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I absolutely love this song. I remember finding it after the 2012 Olympics. Its so good.  Why didnt they continue as a quartet?:jonny5:

what a classic. loves it x

5 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Tell Me Why is my fave from that album

:jonny:

OT: One of their best songs ever.

3 hours ago, Mr.X said:

Tell Me Why is soo sooooo good! It goes hard in ways that we wouldnt expect from girlbands at the time. That beat is crazy!

I knew it was greatness from the intro, the computer-generated voice at the beginning gave me video game vibes and the melody sounds so moody yet angry. Love the lyrics, and Emma ate so hard on the verses. Such a shame it never got a single release.

• Like 1

bop, deserved better

amazing song and video :jonny5:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Onyxmage said:

I absolutely love this song. I remember finding it after the 2012 Olympics. Its so good.  Why didnt they continue as a quartet?:jonny5:

Mel C hit rock bottom, she suffered a mental breakdown during these years 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.