Will the vast majority of Taylor's discography end up diamond?

Squall

1989, 14.17M

Fearless, 11.51M

Red, 9.01M

Speak Now, 8.48M

Taylor Swift, 8.47M

Lover, 7.41M

reputation, 7.33M

Midnights, 7.24M

folklore, 6.13M

TTPD is around 4M in 5 weeks, it's most likely ending the year around 5.5-6M.

Except for evermore which is too far for now, do you think all of them will be diamond in like 10 years from now?

I do not see it for reputation and evermore, honestly.

Her most underrated albums since Speak Now.

• Like 1

Yes, maybe not evermore. 

We need Evermore (Taylor's Version) her best album DESERVES the diamond status.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

I do not see it for reputation and evermore, honestly.

Her most underrated albums since Speak Now.

It's at 7M+ and it pulled 1.1M+ last year, 2023 was a particularly strong year for her so it obviously won't do it again but still, in a 10 years period, why not?

EDIT: yeah the TV will damage its run but idk

Edited by Squall
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely yes. Everything except evermore which will still, in the end, get there eventually. :gaylorcat2:

Not if they don't certify it

Just now, By the Water said:

Not if they don't certify it

:cm:

Last year she sold almost 19 million album units in the US and her team/label certified a total of… 0 units.

I think most of them, except 'Taylor Swift', 'evermore' and potentially 'reputation' (depending on when its TV drops) will surpass 10M units each but it's not looking like Taylor cares to pay for certifications.

Yes, especially her "flop" album. :coffee:It might get there first, surpassing Red, Speak Now, and debut. :heart:

Are there any info on how many units red, sn and co are doing per week or per year?  Cus they might be the only ones to make it honestly. 

I read somewhere that debut is actually close to entering the bb200 every single week, it is only like a few hundred short, and given #200th on the chart is selling like 2000 units per week, the max we could deduce is that these albums are moving no more than 2000 units per week themselves, which means they sell for 100k per year, which means it'll take 10 years to move 1 million more units, and that is at current pace ☠️

1 hour ago, Kitboga said:

Are there any info on how many units red, sn and co are doing per week or per year?  Cus they might be the only ones to make it honestly. 

I read somewhere that debut is actually close to entering the bb200 every single week, it is only like a few hundred short, and given #200th on the chart is selling like 2000 units per week, the max we could deduce is that these albums are moving no more than 2000 units per week themselves, which means they sell for 100k per year, which means it'll take 10 years to move 1 million more units, and that is at current pace ☠️

They maybe were close to enter on BB200 last year in April - September when she was touring in the USA but they aren't close now unfortunately 

Probably

she has healthy sales and the streaming is helping a lot (and it's still growing)

(I can deffo imagine artists in the future going Diamond from streams alone tbh)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.