Multimillionaire Cate Blanchett comes out as 'middle class'

DAP

"I'm white, I'm privileged, I'm middle class, and I think, you know, one can be accused of having a bit of a white saviour complex, but to be perfectly honest, my interaction with the refugees in the field and also in resettled environments has totally changed my perspective on the world," she responded in a video shared on TikTok by the Associated Press.

Maybe she means where she came from? Idk.

shes australian so i guess australia probably considers class in the same way the uk traditionally does where you are the class you were born as regardless of wealth, like how alan sugar, a billionaire, is still considered working class

• Like 7

that's wonderful. what would you like us to do?

• Haha 3

"I'm white, I'm privileged, I'm middle class, and I think, you know, one can be accused of having a bit of a white saviour complex, but to be perfectly honest, my interaction with the refugees in the field and also in resettled environments has totally changed my perspective on the world," she responded in a video shared on TikTok by the Associated Press.

okay girl

giphy.gif 

• Haha 1

:clack:

Posted (edited)

"Middle class" is such a meaningless word. Everyone, from a single parent on food stamps to a millionaire with multiple summer houses, identifies as such. :dies:

Edited by Virgos Groove

if she's middle class then what am I???... dear god, some of these people are delusional 

Merly Streep would never and thats why shes the bigger Icon. 

Meryl Streep Cheers GIF by Cosmopolitan

32 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

"Middle class" is such a meaningless word. Everyone, from a single parent on food stamps to a millionaire with multiple summer houses, identifies as such. :dies:

Millionaires and Billionaires swear they are struggling as much as people who live in warzones. They are completely out of touch. :ace: 

Maybe she means that she enjoys a simply life. I'd rather she say that.

Most rich people consider themselves middle class

No one wants to believe they're the villian

It's the Australian-British approach to class. You are the class you were born into. Cate was born into a middle class family and all the wealth she has doesn't change how sees herself.

42 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Most rich people consider themselves middle class

No one wants to believe they're the villian

Yeah it's like how they do those polls that people want 'the rich' taxed more, but then it turns out that no one believes they are 'the rich'.

• Thanks 1

9bf9dcd0-39fc-0133-8e8b-0e17bac22e39.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.