Do you consider yourself a stan but don't consider yourself part of the stan base?

Josh

For example I've recently become a Taylor stan but I wouldn't consider myself a Swiftie 

I don't consider myself a stan of anyone but I devote my life to the service of jedina, veličanstvena diva Jelena Karleuša. Does this count?

• Thanks 1

No, I don't like the word 'stan' it sounds like something associated with psychopaths. I'd rather call myself a listener or a Pop Music lover since I don't have a specific favorite pop star:gaycat5:

• Like 4

I'm no one's stan. My top faves are Taylor and Madonna, but I'm neither a Swiftie nor a Medonster. 

kind of

there are lots of artists that i love and keep up with but don't consider myself a stan

I'm not a stan. I used to a be a "Katycat" but I stopped "stanning" in 2017. I don't wanna be part of a fanbase that is immature the majority of the time.

I don't have a fave anymore. If I like the album, I'll listen to it, and probably buy it. 

Posted (edited)

Kinda but for a different reason. There are some of Taylor's fans on here who I like, but a lot of them hate anyone criticising her even slightly and get personally offended if I say I dislike something about her, and it's not that deep.

I think Swifties' inability to accept criticism of Taylor has made the fanbase hated too.

Edited by Saintlor
  • Like 1

Yeah, I love many girls but rather not being associated with some of these fandoms cuz girl…

Posted (edited)

I'm like that with Taylor right now. I enjoy the music but don't ask me to blindly worship her, not after what happened here in Brazil.

Edited by gustavothehuman

Sometimes, I'm not above being a stan/part of a fanbase and I think it's a little pretentious to be like "don't mix me with those people"

But there are times when I feel like I don't belong or when I don't share a popular opinion about the artist I like and so I find myself sometimes avoiding base threads or being out of the loop and never quite like one of the girls :thing:

i'm 100% a taylor swift fan (i listen to her all the time) but i don't consider myself a swiftie. i don't care about her personal life. 

i'm a selenator tho, even with the fact that this stan base annoy the hell out of me sometimes, there's no way i am not. 

• Like 1

I don't stan anyone anymore, and I am also not arguing about numbers, stats, and the relevance of artists anymore. I'll support my girl Xtina when she decides to release an album, but overall, I don't care about stan culture as much as I used to. I have an academic career and a life to worry about.

Posted (edited)

like im a religious person but I don't trust the church? lol

Edited by Strawberry Bubble
  • Haha 3

None. I listen to whatever song catches my interest out of albums. I was excited for Dua's but disappointed me after TS 

Posted (edited)

No. The reverse actually. I engage in stan stuff, but I don't consider myself a stan of anyone. I mostly engage with it because I frequent here and I work from home and this is what I do in between actually working. I consider myself a music enjoyer who is open to all music. I do not care about these artists' personal lives, or how they chart, or what singles they put out, or what promo for an era is going on.

Edited by Gladiator

Adele. Love ha and ha music but like what would a fanbase even do when she releases music like a couple times a decade :rip: 

Posted (edited)

Yes! This is me with Beyonce.  

Hell, I barely even talk about her anywhere online.  I'm not a part or BeyHive, but have stanned Beyonce (and all the girls) since "Killing Time" on Men in Black Soundtrack.  OG fan.  

These newer fans are too much for me.  LOL.  

Edited by professor2000

…also, am I the only person that talks about a handful of artists on here? But I STAN so many other artists in real life.  

Like I only really talk about Doja, Tinashe, and Tyla on here.  

But I also stan Bey, Sade, SBTRKT, The Cinematic Orchestra (don't ask lol), etc.  I just don't talk about them online.  Is that weird? lol. 

It's like you read my mind 

that's exactly how i feel i consider myself a veteran Gaga stan but not part of the LMs

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

i'm a swiftie but im annoyed with her new white girl fans who think she can do no wrong and have zero sense of humor :rip:  lighten up!

Edited by Scandalous

Big time. The only stan base I feel welcome in is Britney's (here, in other forums and in real life).

I stan ariana since 2010 yet her base here makes me feel like an outcast. My other faves don't really have an active base 

I don't stan anyone, but I am a fan of several artists. I used to stan Gaga back in 2009-2011, I listened to no one else but her and hated on everything and everyone that seemed more successful than her. But I lost the obsession that makes one a stan as I got older. Now I consider myself a fan of hers, among others.

This narrative is as dumb as 'I dont hate the artist, I just hate the fanbase' :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, NEX said:

but I'm neither a Swiftie nor a Medonster. 

tumblr_m8734dLrex1rvecuqo1_500.gif

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.