• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Bends

• chriswouldman

• thismoment

Just now, partynauseous said:

not reading all that. happy for u tho, or sorry that happened!

I'm not against her but facts. Katy never been an excellent writer or a vocalist so there're no reason to make some experimental stuff w someone like Arca etc. Although it can be a flop then, at least we hear some applauses by critics. 

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Süleyman said:

As someone who has gave more than 7 years to Katy's music, including TD to Witness eras, I feel that when I listen to newly released music, there is no reason to get into Katy's music anymore. Unfortunately, Katy has never truly pushed the boundaries of her music -except for the Witness album which was also has several filler tracks and she seemed unsure about what she was doing in that era- Based on leaked producer credits, I believe her upcoming album will be influenced by Kim Petras, which is actually a good point for her. However, as we've seen with examples like Dua Lipa, if a dance-pop album is on the horizon, it will be an another flop album. She needs to put a well directed experimental era and some good lyrical stuff to get the critical acclaim cuz' the industry will not give any chances to another generic bubblegum pop album.

sweetie... katy is not an experimental queen and she doesn't have to be. she tried to combine it with pop catchy hooks on witness and we let her down so i'm not surprised she's gonna chill with her bright and fun music. it's what makes her happy and what most of us always loved about her. that she makes us laugh, she gives us funny, campy visuals, that she can be cringy but at least herself... 

3 minutes ago, Süleyman said:

I'm not against her but facts. Katy never been an excellent writer or a vocalist so there're no reason to make some experimental stuff w someone like Arca etc. Although it can be a flop then, at least we hear some applauses by critics. 

no one needs to be an excellent writer/vocalist to make experimental music... but experimental music or arca music that you mentioned... are never mainstream, she abandoned her indie sound and decided to be a pop star that makes mainstream music that makes people happy... and im sure she stopped caring about critics long time ago. 

as long as she gives us fresh pop ideas and colorful interesting visuals we should be happy, it's what she's the best at. there's plenty of experimental artists out there and you can give them their flowers... at the end of the days the "critics" are some individuals just like us, but instead of pleasing them, katy long time ago decided that she wants to please the ones that love her positive and fun vibe.

• Like 7

Nnnnn not a flop off between Katy and Gaga :rip: 

I want Katy to surprise drop the single tonight, I don't think announcing things ahead of time does any help for a songs debut unless it's coming from one of the most popular artists at the moment (ie billie, Taylor, bey)

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

sweetie... katy is not an experimental queen and she doesn't have to be. she tried to combine it with pop catchy hooks on witness and we let her down so i'm not surprised she's gonna chill with her bright and fun music. it's what makes her happy and what most of us always loved about her. that she makes us laugh, she gives us funny, campy visuals, that she can be cringy but at least herself... 

no one needs to be an excellent writer/vocalist to make experimental music... but experimental music or arca music that you mentioned... are never mainstream, she abandoned her indie sound and decided to be a pop star that makes mainstream music that makes people happy... and im sure she stopped caring about critics long time ago. 

as long as she gives us fresh pop ideas and colorful interesting visuals we should be happy, it's what she's the best at. there's plenty of experimental artists out there and you can give them their flowers... at the end of the days the "critics" are some individuals just like us, but instead of pleasing them, katy long time ago decided that she wants to please the ones that love her positive and fun vibe.

Yes, you don't need to be a good songwriter or a vocalist to make experimental music, but you need to get support from music critics to stay on the industry and create a real legacy, and that's either with the quality of your vocals, by your songwriting, or by pushing the boundaries of your music. I wish she had at least developed herself in one of them so that we could regard her as a pop music genius. I'm making a review of total good intentions, a pop music legend like Katy deserves more than that. Also, Arca was not a specific one. She can also work with a psychedelic rock figure like Tame Impala, just like Dua Lipa does.

• Like 2

i can't believe the huge spoiler about the album's cover made it to Twitter before it was edited out from here and I just read it.... :deadbanana2: i hate SOME of you for that leak. :clack:

1 minute ago, Süleyman said:

Yes, you don't need to be a good songwriter or a vocalist to make experimental music, but you need to get support from music critics to stay on the industry and create a real legacy, and that's either with the quality of your vocals, by your songwriting, or by pushing the boundaries of your music. I wish she had at least developed herself in one of them so that we could regard her as a pop music genius. I'm making a review of total good intentions, a pop music legend like Katy deserves more than that. Also, Arca was not a specific one. She can also work with a psychedelic rock figure like Tame Impala, just like Dua Lipa does.

I think her lane/legacy as a pop legend for her "pure" pop hits and colorful videos is undeniable... I would love to see her try something different, like i appreciate Power or Mind Maze from Witness but people hated these tracks even though I loved that she was expressing herself and trying new stuff. Dua worked with Tame Impala only to produce a Bebe-Rita Ora level of H&M dressing room pop and the biggest disappointment of this year so sadly good collabs aren't enough when the material sucks... 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Mattically said:

i can't believe the huge spoiler about the album's cover made it to Twitter before it was edited out from here and I just read it.... :deadbanana2: i hate SOME of you for that leak. :clack:

right? me too, but at least we still have to see how it looks like + we have other covers so there's that... anyways i go to sleep

cya kats :heart2:

Yall overreacting 

• Like 1

waittt the 341st day of the year is a Friday, I think I clocked the release date of the next teaser y'all!!

IMG-8879.gif

• Haha 4

Not this btch delayed because Gaga was going to announce, girl is about to lose all her hype :rip:

Also not the only thing we want to know, the date, not being known by the insiders

kp143foto.gif

• Haha 1

Teenage dream is viral on TikTok, Katheryn don't waste this opportunity!! :clap3:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, halcyonday said:

katy long time ago decided that she wants to please the ones that love her positive and fun vibe.

This is why I love SMILE

You can tell she made it for herself and the OG fans. So many TD-like bops in Smile the geepee slept on it unfortunately

• Like 6

people really don't care about a mature dark katy

just see E.T and OOTB singles (IKAG is a exception) are the prove that people likes more her colorful pop songs

gretchen143globo.gif

• Like 1

kp143foto.gif

2 hours ago, Süleyman said:

She needs to put a well directed experimental era and some good lyrical stuff to get the critical acclaim cuz' the industry will not give any chances to another generic bubblegum pop album.

NO she doesn't wtf. She tried that with Shitmess and it completely derailed her career and she still hasn't recovered. People don't want experimental or good lyrical content from Katy Perry, they want BOPS. GIVE THE PUBLIC WHAT THEY WANT KATY. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

Also not the only thing we want to know, the date, not being known by the insiders

right??? i can't :rip:

48 minutes ago, edutada said:

people really don't care about a mature dark katy

just see E.T and OOTB singles (IKAG is a exception) are the prove that people likes more her colorful pop songs

gretchen143globo.gif

Dark horse disagrees babe

• Confused 2

There's still a 75% chance the song doesn't well but I'm genuinely getting my hopes up for the lead after the tweets/reels/TikTok videos and seeing the number of people interested in the channel. More people are going to check out her single than they would've with a simple announcement and AI performance like Daisies. Also with her team excited and playing the game (responding to people, creating the Discord channel, Instagram channel etc.), maybe this time they'll actually promote it everywhere? If we get a good playlisting and decent radio debut, it might even debut top 20? 

Point being, a year ago I didn't think a top 40 debut would even be on the table, but now I'm cautiously optimistic. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Süleyman said:

but you need to get support from music critics to stay on the industry and create a real legacy, and that's either with the quality of your vocals, by your songwriting, or by pushing the boundaries of your music.

her legacy is just fine.  She doesn't NEED to do anything.  She's already cemented as a hitmaker, with many records to her name still.  Stay in the industry? lol.  Ya'll have been dragging her for years.  She can do whatever she wants whenever she wants.  If she flops, she flops.  You can't take her imperial phase away from her.  She's still a multi-millionaire.  She's still a huge icon either way.  And she still has a hot trophy husband.  I think she's just fine. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As a casual listener and someone who's always rooted for Katy, I'd live for an actual dark, experimental era from her.

I feel like she could pull off something like Portals and it still be on brand. Give us dark, campy visuals and tap back into her pop-rock roots :jonny5:

• Like 1

I feel a hit era incoming!!! 89 pages on ATRL just from a screenshot, at least she has the gays talking

• Like 1

CONFIRMED: Katy & Capitol want to study more on new streaming tools for single and album promotion.

• Like 1