Katy is coming

BlackAura

Just now, chriswouldman said:

I think Michael Jackson confirmed his as well. 

Now half the industry is releasing new music when it had a freaking window to release a song.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Bends

• chriswouldman

• thismoment

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TOKYO. said:

Trrue the hype was wild!!! Just the cover image and out now. Everyone would shve streamed. 7+ million first day 

I've liked Katy for years and i hate the way people disrespect her accomplishments. But i also hate the way she/her label are ruining her hype, they've taken some bad decisions over the years :rip:

Edited by Enrique523

She's been so confident lately, I think we can expect another Teenage Dream POP perfection. :duca:

• Like 1

Oh, we are getting 2 feats from 2 rappers

:biblionny:

4 minutes ago, IgorF said:

Oh, we are getting 2 feats from 2 rappers

:biblionny:

Who's your source? Once again, just trusting you? 

2 minutes ago, chriswouldman said:

Who's your source? Once again, just trusting you? 

Spoiler

doechii and 21 savage

but let's just leave it as a rumor because I don't know if the source is 100% reliable

3 minutes ago, IgorF said:
  Hide contents

doechii and 21 savage

but let's just leave it as a rumor because I don't know if the source is 100% reliable

Spoiler

I mean we've heard about Doechii so this one is pretty sure. The second one she can keep it. 

Spoiler

:rip:

• Haha 1

They followed each other on Insta back in March so I can see that being true. I'll reserve judgement until I hear it from a more reliable source and hear the actual song if it does turn out to be true. Hopefully any rap collabs are more akin to California Gurls and Dark Horse and less akin to Bon appétit...

• Like 1

Spoiler

Doechii made 'What It Is', which is a bop despite it becoming a somewhat annoying TikTok hit. I trust her abilities on making bangers. Idk about 21 savage tho.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

They followed each other on Insta back in March so I can see that being true. I'll reserve judgement until I hear it from a more reliable source and hear the actual song if it does turn out to be true. Hopefully any rap collabs are more akin to California Gurls and Dark Horse and less akin to Bon appétit...

I actually love all of her regular rap collabs like the ones metioned, Dark Horse and even E.T. (MV version) too. But I do hate Last Friday Night with Missy, Dark Horse with Pitbull and TOTGA with B.o.B. :rip: 

2 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

I actually love all of her regular rap collabs like the ones metioned, Dark Horse and even E.T. (MV version) too. But I do hate Last Friday Night with Missy, Dark Horse with Pitbull and TOTGA with B.o.B. :rip: 

Yeah, my only problem is if/when the rap verse sounds so unnecessary and tacked on that the song would have benefited from being solo. CG and DH's rap verses (and Snoop and Juicy's presence on the song in general, including their intros) just feel integral and the songs wouldn't sound the same/as good without them. Bon appétit is fine, but the solo version washes it completely imo. It didn't even need a feature, but if it did get one, it feels more like an opportunity to have another female singer jump on (I remember there were rumours of Ariana floating around at the time) and making it a more sex positive feminist thing. Katy promoting it as a "sexual liberation" type thing and then having the Migos there basically objectifying here was such a mismatch imo. It's clear Capitol just thought they were gonna bring the streams.

E.T. (video version) is probably the best of the phoned in, rent-a-rapper remixes. The version on TCC that replaces Katy's bridge for Kanye's is a huge pass. Missy's a legend but that LFN remix did nothing for the song, but it's a cute girl. Cute next to gorgeous (the original solo version). The B.o.B. remix we don't even think of... completely overshadowed by the acoustic version as it should. Those messy ass alt remixes of Dark Horse with Pitbull and Tee... prison. Actually, you know a rent-a-rapper phoned in remix that doesn't suck? The Lil Yachty remix of "Chained to the Rhythm". I feel like that remix is 100% completely forgotten by the fanbase, but the way they actually bothered to switch up the production into something more moody and trap adjacent rather than just tacking Lil Yachty on the beat was pretty fun imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

atp i do believe this thread will hit 143 pages before a certain artist makes her lead single announcement:suburban:

• Haha 7

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Yeah, my only problem is if/when the rap verse sounds so unnecessary and tacked on that the song would have benefited from being solo. CG and DH's rap verses (and Snoop and Juicy's presence on the song in general, including their intros) just feel integral and the songs wouldn't sound the same/as good without them. Bon appétit is fine, but the solo version washes it completely imo. It didn't even need a feature, but if it did get one, it feels more like an opportunity to have another female singer jump on (I remember there were rumours of Ariana floating around at the time) and making it a more sex positive feminist thing. Katy promoting it as a "sexual liberation" type thing and then having the Migos there basically objectifying here was such a mismatch imo. It's clear Capitol just thought they were gonna bring the streams.

E.T. (video version) is probably the best of the phoned in, rent-a-rapper remixes. The version on TCC that replaces Katy's bridge for Kanye's is a huge pass. Missy's a legend but that LFN remix did nothing for the song, but it's a cute girl. Cute next to gorgeous (the original solo version). The B.o.B. remix we don't even think of... completely overshadowed by the acoustic version as it should. Those messy ass alt remixes of Dark Horse with Pitbull and Tee... prison. Actually, you know a rent-a-rapper phoned in remix that doesn't suck? The Lil Yachty remix of "Chained to the Rhythm". I feel like that remix is 100% completely forgotten by the fanbase, but the way they actually bothered to switch up the production into something more moody and trap adjacent rather than just tacking Lil Yachty on the beat was pretty fun imo.

Omg, spill. I agree with everything you said. I never even heard that Lil Yachty remix tbh, but listening now and it's very chill.

I loved how they combined Katy's bridge and Kanye's second verse in the MV version of E.T. - it bothers me so much that the TCC version just cuts her bridge, it feels empty. 

I really adore her working with the rappers when they make their presence known in the entire songs, like the intro, some adlibs, like Snoop Dogg really desevers his flowers for his work on California Gurls. He's there all the time from the very first second, says something here and there, mentions her, has a boppy ass verse. I love him so much on it. This is how you make a pop rap collab. 

Edited by halcyonday
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, IgorF said:
  Hide contents

doechii and 21 savage

I'd be so surprised if she doesn't get a Doja collab tbh 

Every smart pop girl claming an a-list artist to feature on their song and we're doomed to push some z-list artist from Capitol, that's what makes me angry

Yeah I know not everyone wants to work with the Doctor, but... does it really cost THAT much to call 1 popular act to start the era on the right foot?

Not disrespecting our hottie and talented girl Doechii, but we deserve more

moo.png

39 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Omg, spill. I agree with everything you said. I never even heard that Lil Yachty remix tbh, but listening now and it's very chill.

I loved how they combined Katy's bridge and Kanye's second verse in the MV version of E.T. - it bothers me so much that the TCC version just cuts her bridge, it feels empty. 

I really adore her working with the rappers when they make their presence known in the entire songs, like the intro, some adlibs, like Snoop Dogg really desevers his flowers for his work on California Gurls. He's there all the time from the very first second, says something here and there, mentions her, has a boppy ass verse. I love him so much on it. This is how you make a pop rap collab. 

And then there is Swish Swish where Nicki Minaj washed Katy completely.... Nicki's verse in that song has to be one of the best rap verses in a pop song in history....

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

I'd be so surprised if she doesn't get a Doja collab tbh 

Doja's not doing pop anymore. Katy's chance was to snatch a collab in the Planet Her era but she missed the boat.

Will 143 have another banger like this one? Please Katy

WANNA BE YOUR LOVER NOT YOUR ******* MOTHER

:jonny5:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

21 Savage is alright but a bit dull imo, Doechii could be pretty good

Posted (edited)

lead single should be either solo or a collab with a female artist 

spacer.png

Edited by alex_katycat

@insiders leak some interesting stuff I'm sick of this h*e

spacer.png

We're all here making assumptions about the single, album etc, while she's probably riding Orlando somewhere in Hawaii 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

21 Savage is alright but a bit dull imo, Doechii could be pretty good

Agree, would take a female collab over a male one a 100%, she's like allergic to women collabs so.

I still don't understand why she almost never collaborated with her current peers, dua, doja and so many like that's so annoying, she always goes for the flop ones

Katy should release a Gaga collab and Gaga should release a Katy collab for their respective leads. imagine the mess.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Tbh if 21 savage's rap verse is good it would eat. He placed some solo songs charting in top 20 of Billboard hot 100 iirc when he dropped his album. I hope his fans will tune in to support. And as for other collabs, I feel Katy has never felt that connected to her other peers, she collabed with Nicki and we know how much they love each other .... If there was one collab I would die for, it's KatyXRihanna