Katy is coming

BlackAura

I had a dream when I took a nap today that the lead is titled "Angel Dust" and was a bop with euro-dance influences.

• Like 1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Bends

• chriswouldman

• thismoment

I just went into the "Gaga teases new music" thread and some liddo monsters have already started panicking over how they can reach the same number of pages as this thread has :dies:

i think some OKHs are genuinely shocked to see the hype around katy after they spent years saying "there's only 5 remaining katycats" 

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 7

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I just went into the "Gaga teases new music" thread and some liddo monsters have already started panicking over how they can reach the same number of pages as this thread has :dies:

i think some OKHs are genuinely shocked to see the hype around katy after they spent years saying "there's only 5 remaining katycats" 

spacer.png

Even if they reached the same amount of pages, it still wouldn't be the same. They're raving about an album announcement, an actual snippet of new music, and a whole movie. This thread is basically 90% delusion and countdowns

(not sure why they care anyway, but oh well)

moo.png

Edited by Nuggets
  • Haha 14

concubine

.. so she's not going to do anything? I hate this type of teasing so bad, she deserves to flop at this point.

concubine
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nuggets said:

Even if they reached the same amount of pages, it still wouldn't be the same. They're raving about an album announcement, an actual snippet of new music, and a whole movie. This thread is basically 90% delusion and countdowns

moo.png

At least this isn't like the Kesha page.. after months, there's literally no excitement left, only negativity and pessimism. The lesson is that her hype will 100% die if Katy teases for the next 6 months with nothing to show. Even though it's great Gaga's feeding her fans well, Katy still has a lot of hype rn, she just needs to capitalize on it soon, it's not some dreadful sinking ship (yet)

I need to be more positive too but let's just be grateful because it could be so much worse. :ryan: 

Edited by concubine
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, concubine said:

At least this Katy page is doing better than Kesha's page.. there's literally no excitement left, only negativity and pessimism. The hype died because she's been teasing for the entire year with nothing to show. Even though Gaga's feeding her fans well, Katy still has a lot of hype rn, she just needs to capitalize on it soon, it's not some dreadful sinking ship (yet)

I need to be more positive too but let's just be grateful because it could be so much worse. :ryan: 

I'm still convinced it shouldn't take that much before she announces something, especially with Capitol's IG account archiving posts to leave only 142 up. Post #143 should be around the corner, right? Unless they really do plan on not posting anything for months. :giraffe:

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Nuggets said:

moo.png

I know im just laughing at them thinking this is some kinda competition that they have to win :dies:

and the fact that they try to convince people that nobody talks or cares about Katy in 2024, their reaction was funny seeing the hype that's all

moo.png

but this puta better announce something quick I swear its not funny anymore

moo.png

• Thumbs Down 1

We are getting the lead this FRIDAY, WITH or WITHOUT katy idc

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

spacer.png

It's giving sore loser energy, yikes. 

:suburban:

Has anything new happened since they changed to the KP6 logo?

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, RandomHooker said:

It's giving sore loser energy, yikes. 

Has anything new happened since they changed to the KP6 logo?

I agree, they're tryna compete in the number of pages of a thread on a gay forum, sore losers indeed. :cm:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

spacer.png

You're literally doing the same thing trying to instigate it in this thread. The lack of self-awareness. 

Most us can appreciate two women at the same time because we're not misogynists and don't see them releasing music after years as glorified Pokémon battles. You should join that wave too. 

moo.png

Edited by Spark
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I agree, they're tryna compete in the number of pages of a thread on a gay forum, sore losers indeed. :cm:

The irony. I was referring to you. :heart:

I'm pretty sure Katy will get a star on the Walk of Fame this year; both like a singer and a TV star.

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

spacer.png

:suburban:the dislikes for the post

they do care a lot for this logo-only thread 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

here is the only place katy can compete with gaga anyways... shes a flop and always will be

Edited by King Dan
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 5

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Spark said:

You're literally doing the same thing trying to instigate it in this thread. The lack of self-awareness. 

Most us can appreciate two women at the same time because we're not misogynists and don't see them releasing music after years as glorified Pokémon battles. You should join that wave too. 

moo.png

To be fair, if he wanted to instigate something, it would've been much easier to do it it the actual Gaga thread and not here.

Edit: nvm, just saw the liddo who took that bait :ahh:

This made me giggle though :dies:

Anyway, can this ***** hurry the **** up. The edging is NOT cute. What do we think ladies, Tuesday announcement?

Edited by WitnessOblivia
  • Thanks 1

I think the most exciting part of this roll out at the moment is the fact that she's dedicated to a new aesthetic for the era.

The biggest failure of both Witness and Smile (for me) wasn't even the music, it was the fact that the visual identity of the records was barely defined. There was no through line in the visual identity of the singles/music videos etc like there was for her first three records. It's honestly the biggest triumph of the Teenage Dream era imo, even more than the music. I hope it lasts and isn't just for the album cover/this single.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

not gaga just teased a snippet but what liddos did first is to leave shady comments on a Katy thread.  just admit you're a fan and go sweetie:suburban:

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Spark said:

moo.png

8 minutes ago, RandomHooker said:

The irony. I was referring to you. :heart:

Boohoo. Arrest me I guess

moo.png

3 minutes ago, King Dan said:

here is the only place katy can compete with gaga anyways... shes a flop and always will be

and yet you're here lurking

moo.png

5 minutes ago, CameraFlashes said:

:suburban:the dislikes for the post

they do care a lot for this logo-only thread 

4 minutes ago, WitnessOblivia said:

To be fair, if he wanted to instigate something, it would've been much easier to do it it the actual Gaga thread and not here.

Edit: nvm, just saw the liddo who took that bait :ahh:

This made me giggle though :dies:

Anyway, can this ***** hurry the **** up. The edging is NOT cute. What do we think ladies, Tuesday announcement?

Right? 
"instigating" oh please lmao

the fact that a simple observation made them so mad that they somehow appeared to dislike it in droves, speaks volumes without having to explain anything  

moo.png

• Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Spark said:

I think the most exciting part of this roll out at the moment is the fact that she's dedicated to a new aesthetic for the era.

The biggest failure of both Witness and Smile (for me) wasn't even the music, it was the fact that the visual identity of the records was barely defined. There was no through line in the visual identity of the singles/music videos etc like there was for her first three records. It's honestly the biggest triumph of the Teenage Dream era imo, even more than the music. I hope it lasts and isn't just for the album cover/this single.

I disagree on the part about Witness, but it's true that the Smile era was dragged down by its visuals imo. The album wouldn't be dragged as much if she didn't pick the clown theme to represent the whole era.

Edited by Nuggets

Keep up the bickering. We need at least 143 pages before the lead is announced :giraffe:

1 minute ago, Nuggets said:

I disagree on the part about Witness, but it's true that the Smile era was dragged down by its visuals imo. The album wouldn't be as dragged as much if she didn't pick the clown theme to represent the whole era.

I feel like Smile's issues weren't fully her fault. When she released NRO the album wasn't anywhere near completion so it's hard to build a visual identity on something that doesn't really exist yet. It's exciting to know this time the album is done (or pretty much fully formed) before the lead single even released. :duca: The first time since PRISM I think!

• Like 1

Natawie

justarandomgif.thumb.gif.ec7034dcb4898a4

Witness was dragged down by the visuals of her hair, true. I still stand by the fact that the music was good enough.

Some more teasing, at this point, would be pleasing. They left has hanging with an orange logo..