Katy is coming

BlackAura

7 minutes ago, DawnAnti said:

That era was a whole mess from the beginning, she just got out the witness hate train , no one was checking on her or interested and depression was kicking her ass , she was over the music industry overall , the singles were flopping left and right, i mean i don't blame her for throwing everything away and not giving a single f about anything 

There was still anticipation when NRO came out. In my humble opinion, what killed that era was, when after NRO got pretty positive response, Katy went all out saying 'oh, album is no ready, I have a different strategy right now with testing singles'. You can't do that when you are veteran artist. Even if your last album didn't met expectations, you are still ******* Katy Perry.

But yeah, you are right she was at tough position at that time, and it is pretty great she had a courage to talk about that publicly.

Luckily, she seems in good position now!

• Like 2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Bends

• chriswouldman

• thismoment

18 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

personally i dont like double singles releases, i want her to release a lead then see how it does and:

A) if the lead is somehow successful then drop the album ASAP

B) if the lead is flopping hard then release another single with an A lister to generate hype and THEN release album ASAP 

What in the Camila Cabello is this rollout

Just now, Tistotal said:

What in the Camila Cabello is this rollout

what? Camila Cabello is known for double releases :rip: 

10 minutes ago, Imagine Dragon said:

There was still anticipation when NRO came out. In my humble opinion, what killed that era was, when after NRO got pretty positive response, Katy went all out saying 'oh, album is no ready, I have a different strategy right now with testing singles'. You can't do that when you are veteran artist. Even if your last album didn't met expectations, you are still ******* Katy Perry.

But yeah, you are right she was at tough position at that time, and it is pretty great she had a courage to talk about that publicly.

Luckily, she seems in good position now!

I always thought her team and her were no really convinced with NRO performance. imagine if they would have known what was coming after lol

Just now, halcyonday said:

what? Camila Cabello is known for double releases :rip: 

That's exactly what she did with her last album familia

Maybe a surprise drop on monday would work

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tistotal said:

That's exactly what she did with her last album familia

not only Camila did that and at least it helped Familia to stay on charts a bit longer cuz Bam Bam did good :rip:

still, Camila is known for double releases like with OMG/Havana and Shameless/Liar 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

personally i dont like double singles releases, i want her to release a lead then see how it does and:

A) if the lead is somehow successful then drop the album ASAP

B) if the lead is flopping hard then release another single with an A lister to generate hype and THEN release album ASAP 

Well, considering the low demand she has faced in recent releases (Smile), the first single should be already a collab with an a-list artist (as others have done it and their kinda been successed). Some of the ones who got a hit and could help her to gain a new audience of listeners:

Jack Harlow

SZA

Kendrick Lamar

Post Malone

Taylor Swift :eli:

Billie Eilish :eli:

...but she will be forced to push an artist from Capitol and it will probably underperform:

Doechii :celestial5:

Ice Spicy

Lil Baby

Troye Sivan

Lil Yachty

Kodak Black

21 Savage

• Like 2

Don't Go Yet and Bam Bam being a double release now when they were released 8.5 months apart

Coldpurry

• Haha 5

katy, please give me something today. an announcement, a video, a teaser, something! :chick3:

2 hours ago, Tistotal said:

I always thought her team and her were no really convinced with NRO performance. imagine if they would have known what was coming after lol

Well that makes sense. Ofc now after Smile, NRO looks like massive success, but back in the day they probably hoped/expected it to be a proper comeback single like #1 or at least top 5.

It didn't really have good callouts in US and radio djs asked for more chill song which is why Small Talk was released, like imagine playing both ST and HIH to radio DJ and them choosing first one and not play it at all lol... They obviously did it on purpose to sabotage her. :clack:

• Like 1

So when is she announcing? 

7 minutes ago, Daglazzo said:

So when is she announcing? 

first day of summer, 20th of june

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

9 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

So like, she changed her profile pic, made her page orange and for the next whole month crickets? What is this tactic 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

i don't accept this answer

3 hours ago, Tistotal said:

It makes sense but it also feels stupid, Bon Appetit and Swish Swish peaked at #59 and #46 and they were both pushed as proper singles, they should have been happier with a #15 debut and 10+ weeks on the charts. Moreover, 365 had already flopped by spending only one week on the charts, so I don't know what else did they expect from NRO, it did decent for a KP song in 2019

• Like 1

shes making too much silence 

8 minutes ago, renanmarcal said:

shes making too much silence 

agree. The whole idea of her having a broadcast channel is just doesn't make sense atp. 

I can already see the next post on Tuesday and it's going to be shoes

T - 18 minutes?? 

Agreed though, she should've at least teased a snippet yesterday

She wasted the hype sooo badly!

Posted (edited)

The way the critics teased Birthday back in 2013 and my 8th grade ass was so excited for the sexy and dirty lyrics they promised and the only lyric of any interest was "bring out the big balloons" was such a let down. :clown:

Edited by selena_lavigne

10 minutes

I8MMena.gif

• Haha 1

T - 5 minutes! 

Ready?

• Haha 1

Nvm